How do i start my story?

Guest Hell_spawnEod

Guest Hell_spawnEod

How do i start all of my people meeting in my story? Do they all try do stop evil and find out and form a group? Or is that a nonpro way? Whats a good way to start

Re: How do i start my story?

How do i start all of my people meeting in my story? Do they all try do stop evil and find out and form a group? Or is that a nonpro way? Whats a good way to start

• Yawn..you are all in a pub/tavern when an old wizard hires you...
  • Have a couple of the PC's already know each other. It is possible to introduce the other players as the story progresses.(Hopefully earlier than later.)
  • A god summons all the PCs and give them a quest.
  • um...actually your idea of them forming a group isn't bad. One team in Fantasy Hero is presented that way.
  • Perhaps all the PCs have the same Hunted or Patron or Contact.

Acouple of ideas:

1. The heroes are professional mercenaries. An influential person hires the people to stop "the bad guy."

2. The villain has wronged the good guys somehow. The heroes eventually meet and team up to exact revenge.

You could also start off with one player's character, who happens across #2 PC who collide with #3 etc...

Joram the Sly just couldn't resist the healthy looking coin purse hanging on the belt of that musclebound, armored behemoth.

Colin Scafeld couldn't believe it. Less than an hour in town and he was already robbed and in full pursuit. In this bloody heavy armor. Under a hot sun. Stone cold sober. "Stop thief!" Colin's roars cut through the general chatter of the marketplace.

Raina rinsed off her hands in the fountain. Another child taken ill with this unusual fever. Perhaps I should see if the healers at Temple know of this. Lost in thought, she turned and took a step away at just the same moment as a certain skinny thief leapt through the crowds. With a *splash* she tumbled into the fountain, while Joram ploughed a small furrow into the courtyard muck.

Colin rounded the corner to see a crowd forming around the main fountain. A sodden robed woman in the fountain stood wringing water out of her hair. And even better his slippery thief was groaning slightly and climbing to his feet. "My coin 'lessen you be wanting to be losing a hand!" Colin shouted continuing to close distance to Joram.

An elusive, glittering form swooped in between the burly mercenary and the slight thief. "Me play too? Howsa 'bout me? Canni canni CANNI puh-leeeeeeze!!!" The tiny, bronze dragon turned a tight acrobatic circle and zoomed toward Colin. The collision was averted at the last minute by a sudden steep turn up into the sky with a flick of the little drake's translucent wings.

"Tallan. Tal-lan. What mischief are you up to now?" A dusty looking man encumbered with both backpack and a heavy looking tome forced his way through the crowd.

Suddenly the courtyard began to empty of people. A squad of efficient looking soliders marched in as the throng melted away. The commander gazed curiously at the four people abandoned by the more steetwise locals. "Looks like we just found some volunteers, boys."

A familar bronze blur flashed down from the sky and proceeded to perform a series of dizzying loops and turns around the four. "YAY! Yay yay YAY! New friends to play with!"

Colin extended a hand to the thief who looked dubiously back. Colin growled, "Money now, thief. We'll settle interest later after we see where this situation goes."

• Yawn..you are all in a pub/tavern when an old wizard hires you...

• Perhaps all the PCs have the same Hunted or Patron or Contact.

Don't knock the classics!

The "you meet in a pub" thing is cheesy, but it works. It even has nostalgia value for older players!

But, let's face it, the common Hunted/Patron/Contact just works so well that you might as well go with it.

You'll have to tweak the characters a bit during Chargen, but you'll be doing that anyway. And then you have the strings necessary to pull the characters together, and they will have the motivation necessary to cooperate.

Too easy.

Sure, you won't want to do it in every campaign that you run, but how many campaigns do you run anyway?

I do have a couple of suggestions for your story.

1. The heroes know each other, and they don't like each other. They just have to work together, so they're force to tolerate each other for the meantime.

2. They are hired by an influencial noble (I'll call him Mr. X), who tells them how bad things will become is the villain (I'll call him Mr. Y) gains power.

3. The twist is, Mr. X is just as bad as Mr. Y. While it is true that the country will be in bad shape if Mr. Y gains power, it will be just as bad if Mr. X takes over. So Mr. X is going to use the heroes to get rid of Mr. Y; then he'll find a way to rid of them. The trick here is when and how the heroes find out they're just the fall guys.

HI!

I've started the first session of my campaign as follows:

In the tavern where the characters are going to meet, a great championship in tavern-games take place (with things like knife-throwing, arm-wrestling, combat-drinking etc.) and every table has to form a team; and (what a coincidence ;}) there is just one desk with no one sitting there in the tavern -> the characters arrive one by one and form one team

During the championship an nice brawling takes place in which several characters plus the tavern owner become pick-pocketed et voilà : the first scenario is about to begin...