Villain ideas. [Related to Golden Age thread.]

Twilight

Originally posted by Twilight

Excellent. Black Cobra you have had some excellent ideas. ^_^

As a matter of fact, I was planning on having Professor Peril be the sort who dabbles in magic as well as technology. It was part of his training you see, though at the moment he relies more on his technical abilities as he assertains wether or not America has powerful mages who can catch him at cursing his enemies and such. It's something he keeps in reserve to surprise the heroes with if he gets cornered.

As for the asian bodyguard. Well he'd be less of a bodyguard and more of an ammbasador from the Black Dragon Society to Vonderhagen's group. A show of good will between the two agencys since they are both allied with the Axis after all.

Speaking of the Black Dragon Society, do you mind if I use you handle as the name of a supervillain in my campaign Black Cobra?

Thanks!

See, I knew you had things well in hand with the mystical side -- I hadn't considered the local-mystics factor! Good planning ahead, Herr Professor.

Feel free to use BlackCobra -- just try not to live up to the name. You don't want a bumbling villain who regenerates falling all over the place, foiling heroes by soaking up attacks! (He was my first Champs character I had made myself, based LOOSELY on Spiderman. Yikes!)

Keep us posted on the procedings.

No, no I don't, especially when I already have bumbling villains for comedy purposes. ;)

Seriously, I was thinking of a martial arts assasin type of character for the Black Cobra. Uses blades coated with snake venom and what not. The Black Dragon Society needs some villains on thier side after all, they can't all be ninja cannon fodder [though Black Dragon is a ninja, though higher powered].

What about Vendetta, Mussellini's own super assassin? Are all the plots going to be on the homefront, or will there be European settings? It seems the homefront is more "Black Mask" pulp hero and Europe and Asia might be more Invaders/All Star Squadron style. Players would probably enjoy a mix of both.

PS: I hope your players don't read the boards. That would be a big spoiler for them.

To the best of my knowledge they don't. However, I have plenty of stuff that I haven't posted on the boards that can be used to surprise them, so it's good. ;)

As for the campaign, it won't be just the homefront. They'll be going abroad quite a bit. By the time I'm finished, they'll feel as if they've travelled the world over. :)

As for the Italian guy, I have a plan for one concerning the not so good Professor's plans in the US.

• 2 years later...

Re: Villain ideas. [Related to Golden Age thread.]

It has been awhile since I mentioned my Golden Age game, but with Pulp Hero coming out soon and Fires of War: The Algernon Files being released along side it it seems like a good idea to revisit it. Professor Peril and Co are dusting off thier work togs and the Professor is polishing his saber, gleefully awaiting the reinforcements Fires of War shall provide them.

Soon, soon my players shall quiver in terror at what I might unleash upon them. :D

Does Professor Peril know the German style of Fencing? Given his background (German aristocracy) and the saber reference' date='I'm assuming he does.[/quote']

You assume correctly. It's pretty much the only time he becomes physically involved in the action, otherwise he's the type of mastermind who never gets his hands dirty if he can help it. However he has an ego about his fencing skills so a PC with similar skills could draw him out that way.

Perhaps he should have a duelling scar' date=' if it won't give away the game too early (is he trying to pass as American?)-- the [i']Schmiss[/i] was considered something of a badge of honor.

Oh he'll have the scar because he appears in public as the German Ambassador to the US, when he's doing the mastermind thing he always makes sure his face is covered and uses his acting skills to cover his accent. He's tricky like that.

• 3 weeks later...