Ultimate Brick -- What Things Weigh

Steve Long

Re: Ultimate Brick -- What Things Weigh

I thought the pyramids were pretty much hallow. Not completely' date=' but there lots of rooms inside. The sphinx is solid stone, on top of solid stone. A smaller pyramid might be about the same weight.[/quote']

No, not at all as far as the pyramids go. You have some very small hollow spaces in them, almost negligible when compared to total volume, for placing of sarcophagi and for access to same. Ghizer's pyramid is the heaviest manmade object on earth with the probable exception of the great mounds in the Americas (piled earth pyramids) and the Great Wall.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the pyramids were pretty much hallow. Not completely' date=' but there lots of rooms inside. The sphinx is solid stone, on top of solid stone. A smaller pyramid might be about the same weight.[/quote']

I have been there. Walked them and climbed one.

The Sphinx is *tiny* compared to even the *smaller* Pyramids at Giza.

Khufu is really a small man made hill. Millions of Tons of cut stone, not hollow but does have some small chambers and a cental shaft. It is extremely dense as it would not stand other wise.

The two smaller pyramids are built differently. They have smaller interior spaces.

Hawksmoor

I think it would be good to include the mass, body and def of some typical brick-scale weapons, both intentional and opportunistic. Of course, the telephone pole. But also, the medieval battering ram, the wrecking ball, the crucible full of molten iron, very large rocks, assorted construction equipment, manhole covers, etc.

Earth--5.98 x 10^24 kg--in english measurements, 6600 billion billion tons.

Around a 385 STR to "lift" ;)

The Sun is about a million times heavier.

The heaviest dense coherent object is probably a neutron star, which can weigh up to two solar masses. With a 1000 STR you can juggle them using casual STR :eg:

anyone know what the weights are for a regulation golf ball and other sporting spheroids?