Precognative Combat II

Col. Orange

I want a character with instinctive precognition who can use his powers to aid him in combat.

Simple enough; 8pt skill levels, maybe a couple of 10 pointers - but can I link these to his precognition? I want him to loose access to these levels as if he enters a mutant power supression field or the like. Is there another, better way of doing this?

Re: Precognative Combat II

Maybe your GM will be very nice and "GM option" allow the levels as an EC slot for "Precognition Powers".

Otherwise I'd probably allow a -1/4 lim "won't work if precog won't". So they won't work if your mutant powers are suppressed, if your opponent is "outside the time stream" and things like that.

I recogmend using a increased Dexterity with a Limitation : Precognitive Defense and Offense Only (-1/4) . It would not apply to Agility based skills , but would increase your CVs , SPD , and Initiative . This way it would not shut off when stunned like Combat Skill Levels , or Defensive Powers that do not have the Advantage Pesistant (+1/2) .

How exactly do you want it to work in combat . Not mechcanics wise , but conceptually . (ie ; What it looks like ?)

I also recogmend Missle Deflection and Increased SPD with the Limitation : Only for use with Missle Deflection (-1/2) .

Cheers

QM

How exactly do you want it to work in combat . Not mechcanics wise ' date=' but conceptually . (ie ; What it looks like ?)[/quote']

Well, he'll be a pretty normal guy, stat wise, at least for a start. His abilities aren't physical - no superspeed, strength, or inhuman reflexes - he just has an unbeliveably developed instinct. In regular life he finds himself stepping to the side, not knowing why, just before a car drives through a nearby puddle. In combat he feels the need to shift his stance or step away just before his opponent throws a roundhouse... or park-bench... or whatever.