Hero Character Portfolio -- What Do *You* Want To See?

Steve Long

Re: Hero Character Portfolio -- What Do *You* Want To See?

Personally, I'd take a look at it ... I've worked on portfolios in the past and I think that making some genre specific would be an interesting idea :) For example, for Star Hero, customize the title fonts to something a bit more sci-fi and maybe putting some nice streamlined lines would enhance it. A Fantasy Hero one, on the other hand, would be interesting with a more scripty font and maybe some hand-drawn lines for seperating areas.

I think an interesting application of this would be to make a portfolio pack for HDv2 ... have the sheets be more graphic and longer, formatted for printing and allowing people to write added material (basically like log pages, allies page, etc). IMHO, this is a better way to go :) (Heck, if I could figure out how to do, I probably would have done it a while ago ;))

You can already do this; you dont need to buy anything. If you have something specific you want and cant figure it out yourself, just post what you want on the HD board and RPMiller, Talon, myself, or some other herophile will probably do it for you if you are cooperative.

Being a fan of Hero Designer I would have to say that I would not buy this product. BUT if it came with a disk of of pictures done by the excellent artists of Herodom in jpeg/gif format sized to 240x348 then I would buy it in a minute. As for extra fields for background, Life Questions and such, sounds like a great little add on for Hero Designer.

G

Under Campaign rules you can turn on up to 5 tabs that are full page text tabs, and you can call them whatever you want. There are Export Tags corresponding to them as well so that you can output them if you want.

A 4-page folio would be interesting... Background and such on page 1, Characteristics and such on page 2, Powers on page 3, and Disadvantages on page 4...

That way you can keep it open to pages 2 & 3 most of the time, and only refer to page 1 or page 4 when you have to... That's what I try to do with *my* characters' folios...

My thoughts:

PDF is the only way to go with this. Otherwise I am just not interested (This is do to the reusability of it, in otherwords I can print up as many as I need).

Second Include in the download a template for HD, ONLY avaliable via buying the pdf (otherwise to many people will just download the pdf)

I would include some secondary things in the package (maybe a character questioneer type thing, etc...).

I would actualy make some for non characters (Bases, Computers, Vehicles) and include them

In the standard (pdf) ones I would include a generic outlines (actualy I would say have 4 different ones, Male, Female, Brickish Male, Brickish Female). What I am refering to is something akin to what was on old character sheets, something to be used by the artisticaly challanged as a base for there own character design. In the HD version this is replaced by the portrait.

I would say the price for such a product should be under $10 (such as 9.95).

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if opinions are still needed but will add that like others who now keep game aids electronic, paper has no appeal.

If such a product had something new or interesting or such then of course I'd consider it, but it would require that.

One thing that would be neat would be for HERO to use the opportunity to unveil an official, sanctioned Effectiveness Rating. I would probably buy it just for the novelty. Maybe even something that was simply more of a balancing aid, but in-depth in having, say, a checklist of "50 things to look for" that aren't among the super-obvious would be saleable for my purposes.

Just my 2 XP.