Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

But on the other hand' date=' clear air passages are of life-and-life importance.[/quote']

Yupper. One of the "trick" questions asked when I was taking EMT training was:

"You come upon someone who is unconscious and bleeding profusely from an obvious wound. What is the first thing you do?"

The intuitive answer is to try and stop the bleeding. Which is also the incorrect answer. The first thing you do is check their airway to make sure it isn't obstructed. The second thing you do is check to make sure they are breathing. THEN you check for and try to stop any bleeding. They called it the "ABCs" of rescue. Airway, Breathing, and Circulation. In that order. Because no matter how profusely they are bleeding, if they aren't breathing they'll die while you're working on stopping the flow.

My current rep power, 589563, is close to the wavelength in picometers of the D1 line of sodium, 589592.4. Considering the current increments in rep inflicted by common rep-powers these days, that's as close as one is likely to get.

Working on my final project for my degree... just two more weeks... I just got to make it two more weeks, and then I'll be done with higher education... at least until my kids head off to college and then I may go back just so that I can still my bosses job out from under him.