Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Ah' date=' well. That knowledge would probably just have taken up valuable gaming-related disc space.[/quote']

See that was my argument against it from the beginning. I already had far too much information in my head, and to put more in would require a reformat and rebuild.

Which institution?

University of San Francisco. It's a Jesuit university (I'm not a Jesuit in case you're curious), and the oldest university west of the Mississippi. It apparently has all sorts of acclaim and honors and whatnot, but honestly, I had better professors at the JC level than the ones I had for most of the courses I took for my degree. Thankfully, the very first professor, the writing professor, was the best teacher I think I have ever had, and started me off with a "glad to be here mindset." I had two other professors that were decent, but really they were more facilitators than teachers. Of course, I'm extremely biased, having been a teacher myself for a number of years. Which, is probably why I didn't learn anything. I had already learned the information from the corporate world, and from my job as a teacher. Regardless, the story is over, and although I didn't get as many XP as I had hoped, I still got to raise a couple skills a few points--teaching and writing. Yeah, did I mention that one of the professors had me teach a session of one of his classes and work as the TA in it as well?

University of San Francisco. It's a Jesuit university (I'm not a Jesuit in case you're curious)' date=' ...[/quote']

I'm at Seattle U, another Jesuit school, and I'm not an SJ either. Getting you used as a TA is something I'd expect at such an institution. Sadly, I can well imagine that you wouldn't have got as many functional XPs as you would like ... I remember from my own undergrad days, taking a history class. On his last day of lecture, the class (a couple of hundred enrolled in it at the Enormous State University) applauded the prof. That literally being my very first last-day-of-lecture experience, I guessed that was a common thing. Then, of course, I've never had that happen again in my entire academic career.

I'm at Seattle U' date=' another Jesuit school, and I'm not an SJ either. Getting you used as a TA [u']is[/u] something I'd expect at such an institution. Sadly, I can well imagine that you wouldn't have got as many functional XPs as you would like ... I remember from my own undergrad days, taking a history class. On his last day of lecture, the class (a couple of hundred enrolled in it at the Enormous State University) applauded the prof. That literally being my very first last-day-of-lecture experience, I guessed that was a common thing. Then, of course, I've never had that happen again in my entire academic career.

I fully understand the Jesuit philosophy, and I'm actually not complaining about the TA thing, mainly because I was guaranteed an A for my help in the class, but it just bugged me that here I paid all this money for the class to work for the school essentially? Anyway, all water under the bridge. I will likely end up with a 3.95 or high GPA, not that it matters, and thus a "graduated with distinction" on my diploma, not that that matters either, so I guess the piece of paper will have some influence later in my life should I seek employment elsewhere... but probably not... Do I sound jaded?

I'm at Seattle U' date=' another Jesuit school, and I'm not an SJ either. Getting you used as a TA [u']is[/u] something I'd expect at such an institution. Sadly, I can well imagine that you wouldn't have got as many functional XPs as you would like ... I remember from my own undergrad days, taking a history class. On his last day of lecture, the class (a couple of hundred enrolled in it at the Enormous State University) applauded the prof. That literally being my very first last-day-of-lecture experience, I guessed that was a common thing. Then, of course, I've never had that happen again in my entire academic career.

We applaud all and sundry and their dog. The key lies in the duration and enthusiasm.

Hmm' date=' I'd think it was more something to be applied to virtuous people.[/quote']

You know, that is an excellent point. I think you're right. "I'm not holier, just goodlier." Yup. I'm going with that application of the word.

• 2 weeks later...