Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Attention' date=' please.[/size']

I have just removed the pics posted in this post, #8402 of this thread.

These pics were removed because I have been informed by the Powers That Be that they offended someone. The Powers That Be did not require me to take them down; I did so myself after I found out they offended someone.

While I have no wish to offend anyone, it would be much more productive of you, whoever you were, to PM me about your concerns instead of reporting it to the Powers That Be.

Probably a sabotage attempt. :yes:

Well' date=' the sharp edges isn't quite there, but it is bad for a cat. Instead of causing poop on a rope, it can also just get tangled up and block the cats system. Our vet has had to do surgery on some people's cats.[/quote']

Hey, I said that!

(actually the only reason I bothered to post this was to help move the thread along, not because I actually care about the duplication - heck, you SHOULD duplicate - MORE POSTS, MORE POSTS!)

Hey, I said that!

(actually the only reason I bothered to post this was to help move the thread along, not because I actually care about the duplication - heck, you SHOULD duplicate - MORE POSTS, MORE POSTS!)

I think I'm all tapped out from yesterday.

Either that, or the boredom has seeped into my NGD functions.

Attention' date=' please.[/size']

I have just removed the pics posted in this post, #8402 of this thread.

These pics were removed because I have been informed by the Powers That Be that they offended someone. The Powers That Be did not require me to take them down; I did so myself after I found out they offended someone.

While I have no wish to offend anyone, it would be much more productive of you, whoever you were, to PM me about your concerns instead of reporting it to the Powers That Be.

Yeah, I don't know why people don't PM the person directly. I know from having seen it elsewhere that it's actually not personal usually, it seems people just think somehow that it's a better "protocol" to go direct to admins. I could see that if you were a poster who comes online for 15 minutes and disappears for a day and they can't wait to get it off. But obviously not the case here.

Yup' date=' that's it, but it's still a valid comparison for a point in time, I figured you knew that - you could have stayed safe by not fessing up![/quote']

Nope. I'm stoopid.

I wonder when all the left-overs from the last forum actually joined that one?

Yeah' date=' I don't know why people don't PM the person directly. I know from having seen it elsewhere that it's actually not personal usually, it seems people just think somehow that it's a better "protocol" to go direct to admins. I could see that if you were a poster who comes online for 15 minutes and disappears for a day and they can't wait to get it off. But obviously not the case here.[/quote']

Having modded for another board, I know that mods notice if it's the same person whining to them again and again and again.

And on the board I help with, we DEFINITELY ask that people try to sort out their differences themselves, without involving the mods.

Because if it's erupted into name-calling and the mods are called in, we're banning BOTH parties.

Only the character's naivety and innocence make me able to play the game without cracking up all over.

^ v ^ Not to mention how it makes him an easy target for my character . . . :sneaky:

Actually, that's not true. My character is mostly unaware of the power she COULD have over people, if she just tried. But then, I've never been very good at blatant.

Nope. I'm stoopid.

I wonder when all the left-overs from the last forum actually joined that one?

I dunno, it wasn't long before for me, if I even had formally joined - I lurked quite some time before joining. I saw the interim boards, I remember clearly, but can't recall if I posted anything at that time.

Having modded for another board, I know that mods notice if it's the same person whining to them again and again and again.

And on the board I help with, we DEFINITELY ask that people try to sort out their differences themselves, without involving the mods.

Because if it's erupted into name-calling and the mods are called in, we're banning BOTH parties.

My wife co-mods a calligraphy group. Much the same crap.

^ v ^ Not to mention how it makes him an easy target for my character . . . :sneaky:

Actually, that's not true. My character is mostly unaware of the power she COULD have over people, if she just tried. But then, I've never been very good at blatant.

Sure, you and Jason and everybody just trying to make us jealous about your game...

:D

Sure, you and Jason and everybody just trying to make us jealous about your game...

:D

Well, there IS a lot to brag about.

Though it's funny to watch Josh log in and say, "You guys have posted THREE PAGES of stuff since I last logged in?!?!?!?"

^ v ^

Well, there IS a lot to brag about.

Though it's funny to watch Josh log in and say, "You guys have posted THREE PAGES of stuff since I last logged in?!?!?!?"

^ v ^

That's they way my FtF group is. I'll give them an obstacle and then go grab something to drink, use the restroom, work on a map, and then come back 15 minutes later to see how they are coming along. :D

That's they way my FtF group is. I'll give them an obstacle and then go grab something to drink' date=' use the restroom, work on a map, and then come back 15 minutes later to see how they are coming along. :D[/quote']

15 minutes is too tight a timeframe for us, but 3 hours is realistic.

Due to different time schedules and stuff, we DO have to rein it in somewhat, lest we leave someone behind just because they do actual WORK during the day.

15 minutes is too tight a timeframe for us, but 3 hours is realistic.

Due to different time schedules and stuff, we DO have to rein it in somewhat, lest we leave someone behind just because they do actual WORK during the day.

You mean on the board or RL? I've had to wait longer, but usually 15 minutes is a good check in time. But things do go faster in FtF games than PbP games for sure.