New Boss Multiform?

How would I go about making a character that will be able to keep fighting until put down, then reform into something else and stand up to face the PCs again in another form? I'm thinking classic arcade fighting games here in the final endboss battle. Multiform will allow me to create the different forms that come up, but how does he regain all of his endurance/stun/body as well?

The Horror

Re: New Boss Multiform?

Well, you couldf make the multiform Trigger (Reduced to Zero Stun/Body +1/2) and No Conscious Control (Can not activate, but can use freely once Triggered -1)

However, since the STUN, END and BODY you have lost carry over, you will probably need a few powers to bring you back up to full upon your "Rebirth".

Either that or the Multiform just needs much higher STUN, END and BODY totals, possibly with good Regen or Self only Simplfied Healing and a short term Aid to REC....?

As I doubt you want this change to happen multiple times, you may want to set up the multiform and it's rebirth based powers with Charges some how...

I agree, simply make the next higher form have STUN+X where X is the STUN value of the previous lesser form.

It might get expensive to have more than one form and keep escalating but if this a GM Tool then points usually matter little.

Or you could Plot Device it and just state each Boss Form starts out with the STUN, BODY, END listed without subtracting the STUN, BODY & END of the previous shape.

And getting the shapeshift to go off is a simple Trigger (When BODY reaches 0 or something similar).

Stealing an idea from UNTIL (Immortality Syndrome), you may want to give the boss's base form a bonus to BODY which exists only to prevent the players from killing him before he gets a chance to transform.

+50 Body, Only To prevent Death (-2)

Actually, your best bet is Summon with Trigger in my experience. Just engage GM fiat and say it's a "transformation" special effect.

Alternatively, if you don't care about points, make it Duplication with Trigger. This will be more expensive since you have to pay extra for the duplicate being more powerful.

I agree' date=' simply make the next higher form have STUN+X where X is the STUN value of the previous lesser form.[/quote']

What about 1 charge of healing with standard effect? Let's say Form 1 has 60 STUN, 80 END and 20 BOD (which seems pretty high, so we get a max cost). His Healing triggers at 0 STUN or BOD. He has 30d6 at Standard Effect (300 points) so he heals up to 90 STUN (since he may have been taken into the negatives), Trigger (+1/4), 3 stats (+1/2) so 525 AP, 1 charge (-2), self only (-1/2) so 150 real points. Now you can apply Linked (-1/2) to your Multiform and take an automatic Accidental Change.

Compare to buying an extra 20 BOD (40 points), 80 END (40 points) and 90 STUN (90 points) which costs 170, with a limitation that he can't exceed the desired figures for the Boss form and it's comparable.

Drop our starting STUN to 45, and now we "only" need 25d6 Heal, so 437 AP and 125 RP, compared to 155 (again with a limitation for STUN and BOD to set a cap) for the bonus stats.

hmmm...you could make the healing 2 stats only to drop the AP and RP costs and just buy the Boss form an END battery. Another 80 END is only 8 points then. That's 129 RP at 30d6, +8 for END Battery = 137, or 107 + 8 = 115 at 25d6.

There's an optional rule allowing you to say that the STUN, END and BODY totals of each form are kept entirely seperate. This allows for Powers simulating transdimensional juxtaposition where your superior form replaces the other, and is actually a completely different person. Such a character shouldn't ever be affected by the other's stats.

This, with Trigger, could simulate the sudden change to a full strength alternate fighter. While this completely removes the need for healing to stay in the fight, it would also mean that whatever damage the first form took not only remains, but progresses naturally if he's bleeding to death (I don't think he gets Recoveries).