Cool/Funny One liners

nexus

A player in a recent game just used an Akido throw to send a Viper Strong Man named Constrictor threw a building after he attempted a move through. She grins down at him laying amid the rubble and says,"Nice try but all in all, you're just a another brick in the wall..."

Re: Cool/Funny One liners

Not exactly a one-liner, but it happened tonight, so I want to share:

This is in regards to a magical document received from the Greek god Hermes; it can't be read without a certain specific crystal stone lens (which we don't have) and he filched it from someone who'd be VERY upset if he discovered it's gone.

Sentinel: Doc, can't you just cast Read Magic and then do Scribe Scroll so we can put a copy back where the original came from? That way he'll never know the difference!

Dr. Anomaly: This isn't a role-playing game, Patrick.

(Patrick Avalon is Sentinel's real name [secret identity].)

I had a Kraven the Hunter type called "Tiger Eye" who was pronounced by the GM as the group wit, here are some lines he said;

Upon facing a 50' giant worm that was wrecking the city

" Let me guess, you just escaped from a bowl of spaghetti on fraternity hazing night?"

In an attempt to save a teammate in the belly of the beast

"And to think I used to hate biology class when we had to cut open worms"

:rolleyes:

Not exactly a one-liner, but it happened tonight, so I want to share:

This is in regards to a magical document received from the Greek god Hermes; it can't be read without a certain specific crystal stone lens (which we don't have) and he filched it from someone who'd be VERY upset if he discovered it's gone.

Sentinel: Doc, can't you just cast Read Magic and then do Scribe Scroll so we can put a copy back where the original came from? That way he'll never know the difference!

Dr. Anomaly: This isn't a role-playing game, Patrick.

(Patrick Avalon is Sentinel's real name [secret identity].)

That reminds me way back where an occasional-PC for whom the player was only briefly in our campaign suggested that he stage a public fight with the heroes and then go see the enemy and team up with them. In-character the PCs said, "This isn't a comic book!" or something similar, it's been a while.

They also poo-pooed it OOC as one said, "Wilson doesn't play it that way," which was pretty much true, although I bow to genre cliches if they carried it off convincingly somehow. Still, that'd have been a stretch.

The current group I'm in has lots of good one-liners. I'll have to go back through the write-ups. There's been enough really funny banter I've been sorely tempted to just start recording sessions (the games are literally one room over from my home amateur recording studio).