The Ultimate Brick Online submissions thread

TheQuestionMan

Greetings HEROdom, after reading reviews for The Ultimate Brick it occured to me that there really should be a Online submissions for HERO System 5th edition products. Following the example of the UNTIL Superpowers Data Base Online. If you feel the same please post a submission to this thread in that style.

There were also comments regurding the lack of Campaign and Adventure examples. Even colour/flavour elements. How different groups view Bricks, Employment opportunities, ect...

Cheers

QM.

P.S.: I have to read through it a few times myself to keep from duplicating stuff.

Re: The Ultimate Brick Online submissions thread

What I did not like was that there was no power repersenting a 'common' fact amoung Bricks...that many of them may be to stupid for mental powers to work on them. While it is not realy a 'brick' power, it acualy works.

Then again, we have Oger, who is so stupid that mental powers are effected agenst him...

What I did not like was that there was no power repersenting a 'common' fact amoung Bricks...that many of them may be to stupid for mental powers to work on them. While it is not realy a 'brick' power, it acualy works.

Wouldn't that just be a whole bunch of Mental Defense, or a Force Wall with Mental Defense? (My copy of FREd is packed up so I don't know if the last construct is legitimate.)

Edited to add: My husband noted that in previous Champs games he'd seen Damage Reduction vs. Mental Attacks and maybe even Drain INT as a Damage Shield against Mental Attacks! ("You feel dumber just being in contact with him...")

Drain INT as a Damage Shield against Mental Attacks! ("You feel dumber just being in contact with him...")
Nice. Much like my hyper-intelligent character with Transfer INT as a mental Damage Shield as his consciousness virally "borrowed" some of your brain cells for additional processing.

Edited to add: My husband noted that in previous Champs games he'd seen Damage Reduction vs. Mental Attacks and maybe even Drain INT as a Damage Shield against Mental Attacks! ("You feel dumber just being in contact with him...")

:rofl: Oh, that's just funny!

In the last group I gamed with, either bricks or mentalists could have Dmg Reduc. versus mental attacks.

For a brick submission, I am reminded of two character types. One was Orion who had the deity package from "Olympians." Anyway, one day his group was tossing it around with some villain group and Orion went to rescue someone in the air. He rescued her and she flew to safety while Orion got tag-teamed by the villains. Something happened that caused him to get knocked out and he fell. A few thousand feet. I don't remember how many dice were rolled, but I remember that after they were all rolled, Orion ended up taking no body, but ended up around -100 Stun. (FYI: Campaign high was Thor at -180.) We joked that that was the day that the :earth: took 1" knockback. (The bounce Orion took afterword was nowhere near as bad.) Luckily, with his high REC & Regeneration, the GM let him wake up within the week.

This made me think of another character type (created, but never played) of a "brick" that had 75% Dmg. Res. Red. on PD, ED & Mental, had like 20 to 30 defenses, 30 CON and only a 30 STR. He was designed to take on normals and rescue fallen comrades. His name, or nickname, was going to be Cockroach.