Faking out your Opponent

Blue

I've been considering simulating an effect found in a few other RPGs. Primarily, this is the ability to fake a move and instead do something else. Now the primary ways I've thought of are listed here, but if anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know.

[*]Plain ol' DCV/Levels. Using the "Fake Move" as a special effect. Works but it's kind of boring.

[*]Analyze Skill. I'm guessing there's something related to this ability in Ninja Hero? I've bought the book but haven't had time to read it yet.

[*]Assume it's a special effect of Find Weakness.

[*]Some kind of PRE based ability?

[/list=1]

Please make all suggestions so that I may go in the proper direction. Thanks in advance.

Well, here's how we've done it...

We always treated it like a 'suprise move' for a +1 to +3 bonus depending on how stellar the GM thought it was. Acting skill vs. Perception can be complimentary if you want a mechanic.

Example I can recall is Snarl the Dinosaur Man purposely missing an opponent with his scaly fist to instead smite him with his mighty tail.

That help any?

In the case of two heroes attacking a villain, take the following scenario (which happened in a game I was in):

Hero 1 shoots his EB at a villain purposely missing but forcing the villain to move.

Hero 2, now having the villain in his line-of-sight (with the villain appropriately off-guard), sends a haymaker into the villains' jaw.

With the 2 heroes coordinating the effort, Hero 1 successfully made his move so Hero 2 gets a bonu to his OCV.

First, I have a standing rule for this sort of thing: I'll be flexible and allow a lot of latitude with bonuses, especially based on competing skill checks. However, anything the player expects to do *repeatedly* and *reliably*, they're going to have to pay points for.

In this case, the Acting vs Perception (or KS: Fighting Style) for a +1 to +3 bonus would work if it were an occasional tactic.

However, if this is something the player wants to do every fight there's going to be points involved. Limited skill levels are one route, so is a Change Enivronment that inflicts a DCV penalty...