Finally...HERO is on it's way!

After a long gaming journey lasting over ten years, I have at last purchased a copy of HERO 5th edition. For ten years, I've heard of HERO and it's ancestor, Champions, but have never really gotten into either. I've played a ton of games, but never actually got around to this game system.

A while back, I planned on buying HERO 5th; many of you might remember me popping onto these boards, asking a bunch of questions, and then disappearing off the face of the forum. I didn't buy HERO then; so many other games caught my attention.

Then, two days ago, I went to my local FLGS, and saw a sale on HERO merchandise. Still waffling on the issue, I told the store owner to hold them for me 'till Monday.

Well, as the hours ticked by, my growing excitement over HERO precluded me from waiting. I finally broke down and purchased online the following books: HERO 5th, Star HERO, Fantasy HERO, Ninja HERO, the newest edition of Champions, and two Champions sourcebooks: Champions Universe, and Millenium City.

Yes, I should have waited to get the books at discount. But to heck with waiting! As jazzed up as I am, it'll be worth the extra cost!

--better late than never, as it is commonly quoted NB

Re: Finally...HERO is on it's way!

Hero has put out a wonderful book recently you should pick up as well, it is called Sidekick. What it is is a copy of the rules set up for beginers, and while you might feel silly picking up two books that cover the same material understand that 5e adds alot of material.

Sidekick also makes out a wonderful book as a quick refrence or a light book to carry when you don't want the quite large 5th

Congrats!

I hope you enjoy the game as much as you expect, and we look forward to having you as part of the Hero community of fans.

If you have any questions, by all means post them! The best thing about Hero is our fans, who are enthusiastic and helpful. And of course you're always welcome to contact the company if you need to. :hex:

Hero has put out a wonderful book recently you should pick up as well, it is called Sidekick. What it is is a copy of the rules set up for beginers, and while you might feel silly picking up two books that cover the same material understand that 5e adds alot of material.

Sidekick also makes out a wonderful book as a quick refrence or a light book to carry when you don't want the quite large 5th

On that note haven't most, if not all, of the "old hat" Hero players picked up Sidekick as well?

Sidekick is a highly recommened method of starting in on the rules without breaking your brain. :P

On that note haven't most, if not all, of the "old hat" Hero players picked up Sidekick as well?

Sidekick is a highly recommened method of starting in on the rules without breaking your brain. :P

I picked up Sidekick as soon as I saw it. it's great for when you don;t want to carrt FRED along to your games, when you want to show a newcomer that the system really is manageable, and when you want to try out a concept and see if a novice player can grasp playing it. I recommend that everyone who expects to run a convention game of HERO for beginners, evenm if they pre-generate characters, bring along a copy of Sidekick for the players to refer to -- then get ready to buy another when it inevitably disappears into the hands of an eager neophyte.

• 2 weeks later...

My advice

I have just two pieces of advice>

1) If you have a questions ask in this board. I promise you will get an answer quick, easy, and 99% of the time correct.

2) FORGET THE POINTS AND RULES!!!

Many Herophiles get locked into HERO says this so you must to it this way. Forget it. If you see a rule you don't like change it. If you can't make up the character you want on 400 points and need 470 go with 470. Just do it.