Space: 1889, HERO-style!

Nero's Boot

Has anyone put any thought towards converting the extremely cool quasi-OOP game Space: 1889 for HERO? Space: 1889 was one of the THE best roleplaying game products ever produced, as far as I'm concerned, and it deserves more than a meager reprinting by Heliograph!

--has anyone done this yet? NB

Re: Space: 1889, HERO-style!

I know at least one Bay Area gamer has done this. He's run Space 1889 games using the HERO System rules for several years at DunDraCon. I don't know whether his material is available online anywhere, however, and I never got a chance to play in one of his DDC games.

Has anyone put any thought towards converting the extremely cool quasi-OOP game Space: 1889 for HERO? Space: 1889 was one of the THE best roleplaying game products ever produced, as far as I'm concerned, and it deserves more than a meager reprinting by Heliograph!

--has anyone done this yet? NB

I ran an 1889 game for while using Hero. Had much fun with it, but I'd never be able to find any of the game mechanic notes - they were sparse to being with (I found GDW's rules easy to convert to Hero on the fly) and I've moved three times since then.

I played in an Space:1889 game that we ported over to reliable HERO System rules after we discovered problems with S1889's one-lung representation and resolution systems. It worked fine, and HERO is generic enough and S1889 normal enough that it hardly took any work.