I need help with the new transform - Mouth Breathers

I'm not up on the new transform.

I want to have a "virus" that is transmitted through the air. When you catch it you get +10 str, +10 Con, +10 dex, +1 spd (+2 total), a psych lim of enraged (by basically everything), and you have the transform power always on for those around you (you breath through your mouth, drool a little, and transmit the virus).

How do I build this?

Re: I need help with the new transform - Mouth Breathers

What's it for?

If it's what I think it is, I'll probably get stoned for being the first to suggest it's just a Plot Device. One negated not by Adjustment Powers but by clever and industrious use of SS: Pathology, SS:Pharmacology and most like Inventor (to create a vaccine).

If for some reason you actually need a game mechanic, just figure out how fast you want the transform to take effect and plop as many dice as you need to get it to work.

What's it for?

If it's what I think it is, I'll probably get stoned for being the first to suggest it's just a Plot Device. One negated not by Adjustment Powers but by clever and industrious use of SS: Pathology, SS:Pharmacology and most like Inventor (to create a vaccine).

If for some reason you actually need a game mechanic, just figure out how fast you want the transform to take effect and plop as many dice as you need to get it to work.

I wouldn't stone you Dust Raven - for THIS one! :D

Seriously, I agree with your approach, if it's more of a plot device then I would go with where you are, though I'd certainly allow for any sort of clever uses by the players of powers if applicable (SFX-wise).

I'm not up on the new transform.

I want to have a "virus" that is transmitted through the air. When you catch it you get +10 str, +10 Con, +10 dex, +1 spd (+2 total), a psych lim of enraged (by basically everything), and you have the transform power always on for those around you (you breath through your mouth, drool a little, and transmit the virus).

How do I build this?

XD6 Major Transform: Human into Human with "Rage" virus.

Victim gains +70pts worth of stats, +[X x15]pts of powers, -20 to -30pts of Disadvantages for the Berzerking...

There's rules in the Transform section on how the total points gained or lost by a transform give the victim a bonus to their Body value.

Probably the biggest change to remember from 4e to 5e is that Transform is now automatically cumulative. As such, you can have a very low number of dice and only exposure over time will transform someone (even 1d6 will get a guy with no power defense in 6 phases on average - so 36 seconds if the carrier is SPD 2). But a bit of power defense then equals immunity (unless you make it NND).

hmmm...1/2 d6 Transform at SPD 2 will get a typical 10 BOD guy in 5 turns (a minute) and a 20 BOD person after 2 minutes - how much more do you want? Add Penetrating and even those with Power Defense will succumb after prolonged exposure (average 1 BOD/3 turns; 12 minutes at 10 BOD; 24 minutes at 20 BOD).

Not too tough to craft an epidemic... :angel:

Most of the suggestions are spot on. If you are mechanicing it out for some reason. Don't forget the AOE, and either NND or a limitation reflecting that people who don't breathe can't contract the disease.

Yes I want to mechanic it out

the effect is contagious.

The problem isn't an army of violent thugs appearing that aren't really evil.

It is that when you fight them you might get transformed as well.

Having a couple of super teammates get transformed would make the encounter very different.

Edit: oh, I was wondering how to do the contagious part. Sticky? Damage shield made AoE?

Edit: oh' date=' I was wondering how to do the contagious part. Sticky? Damage shield made AoE?[/quote']

What about part of the transform? The victim gets the Transform power as either a Damage Shield, or a No Range AoE Always On power (most likley the latter).

All it does is require more BOD to transform each target (as noted by Col. Orange), which isn't that big a deal considering how long the Transform actually takes to have its effect.

1/2d6 Transform, 0 END (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Persistent (+1/2), NND (+1; self-contained breathing or immune to viruses), IPE (+3/4), Area Effect (4" radius; +1), Always on (-1/2) 57 AP; 38 RP (if you assume Always On is limiting)

"only 1/2 d6"? :think: As noted below, a couple of minutes' exposure to one guy will Transform in a couple of minutes. Now add in the fact that there will probably be overlapping areas of effect. You could probably get away with 1 pip (29 AP; 17 RP). This would have the added advantage that you don't have to roll all those annoying (half) dice. Just add up the areas each uninfected target is standing in at the infecteds' phase and go from there. Note that 4" radius means the guy is no more than 3" (1/2 move for a normal person) away, so you can count the carriers under the guise of determining who's close enough to half move and attack.

Most of the suggestions are spot on. If you are mechanicing it out for some reason. Don't forget the AOE' date=' and either NND or a limitation reflecting that people who don't breathe can't contract the disease.[/quote']

And Megascale if you want to go that route.