Your Favorite "Analyze"?

Sociotard

I love the skill Analyze. It's as flexible as a knowledge or proffesion skill, and generally more handy. Now, the Bestiary described "Analyze Animal", and UMA went into detail on "Analyze Style". I thought I'd start a thread to show off the different variations we've all come up with. Just say what your "Analyze" analyzes, and what results it gives. I'll start with with one I made for my wolf character. Of course, the hierarchy of the wolf's pack is usually one of it's chief concerns. Consequently, he developed this

Analyze Hierarchy

Makes Roll By Information Gained
0 (Exactly) Identify the main leader of the group being observed.

1 or 2A good feel for the reletive ranks of each member of the group, who reports to who, and other such organizational details.3 or 4How does the organization "really work". Which courtier secretly has the ear of the king, for example, or which guard would be the easiest to bribe. It also reveals the myriad rivalries, romances, and political manuverings that exist within the groupHalf or BetterGain a bonus on all interaction skills with members of the group (you really know what makes them tick)

Re: Your Favorite "Analyze"?

Analyze Psychology

This Skill is used to analyse the mind of an individual by use of Telepathy, Mind Link or Detect Minds (discriminatory). After observing the subjects mind for a full Turn, a roll may be made. A new roll may be made for every level of the time chart that the subject is observed and no other actions are taken. Each level includes the information of levels above it.

0 (Exactly)Determine if subject possess Mental Defense or Mental Powers.

1 or 2Determine subjects Total Psych Limits.

3 or 4Determine subjects Strong and Moderate Psych Limits and gets a good idea of the character's personality.

Half or BetterSubject's mind is considered very familiar when targeted with Mental Powes.

Analyze Military Organization

Also known as Military Intelligence Gathering, this Skill is used to determine the structure, man power and purpose of a group. While most commonly used to determine the strength of military installations, it can be used to gain equalivant information from any group. Each level includes the information of levels above it.

0 (Exactly)Identify group's leader(s).

1 or 2Identify locations of group's supplies/facilities (if on site).

3 or 4Identify general strength/power/effectiveness of the group.

Half or BetterIdentify groups general purpose/goals.

Analyze Analyze

When targeted by an Analyze skill, you are able to determine what kind of analyze you are being subjected to.

Makes Roll...By Information Gained

0 (Exactly)... Determine what Analyze skill is being used.

1 or 2.......... Determine if the Analyze was successful.

3 or 4.......... Determine what level the Analyze succeeded at.

Half or Better Determine skill level of target's Analyze, exactly what information was learned and character may be immune to bonus gained through use of target's Analyze skill.

And I'm only being half-way silly. I could actually see a use for this :)

Analyze Analyze

When targeted by an Analyze skill, you are able to determine what kind of analyze you are being subjected to.

Makes Roll...By Information Gained

0 (Exactly)... Determine what Analyze skill is being used.

1 or 2.......... Determine if the Analyze was successful.

3 or 4.......... Determine what level the Analyze succeeded at.

Half or Better Determine skill level of target's Analyze, exactly what information was learned and character may be immune to bonus gained through use of target's Analyze skill.

And I'm only being half-way silly. I could actually see a use for this :)

On a completely non-silly side, I'd allow the use of an Analyse skill to recognize such observation from other's with the same or similar Skill. The monk, after performing his last few strikes realizes the ninja has adapted to his style...

With regard to resisting an "Analyze", I sometimes allow the use of acting. The monk tries to change how his style looks, for example. This goes rather well as a variation of the Resistance Talent. Just 1 point per level!

*EDIT*However, I wouldn't let a Character with Distinctive Features (Martial Arts Style) Buy Resistance to Analyze Style.

With regard to resisting an "Analyze", I sometimes allow the use of acting. The monk tries to change how his style looks, for example. This goes rather well as a variation of the Resistance Talent. Just 1 point per level!

*EDIT*However, I wouldn't let a Character with Distinctive Features (Martial Arts Style) Buy Resistance to Analyze Style.

What I'd do in this case is allow the character to buy multiple KS in several styles. The Monk could negate any advantage the ninja has by switching to another style he knows. Alternatively, I could see allowing Acting to "make up" or fake a style not actually studdied to try to fool the Analyse Skill (I'd put this as a skill vs skill against the Analyse rather than PER).

Of course, such arrangements work best in a campaign where the monk's various styles all have different bonuses, or each style has modifiers versus other styles.