The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

Well, the statement "yay, __________ is gone" raises hopes about what it might be that's no longer there. A tumor? A pestilential hellhole? Some daytime TV show? The neighbor's obnoxious and continuously overly loud spoiled yapdog? The possibilities for things whose demise would be cause for minor celebration make for a nice long list.

The neighbors behind our new apartment have two dogs apiece. ALL of the dogs hate the sound of the train, which goes by on the OTHER side of our apartment building about 2 - 5 times per night. This sets all four dogs to barking and howling.

If I'm already asleep, I don't notice. If I'm just about to fall asleep, though, it wakes me enough that it takes another five minutes to settle back down.

Sunday night the train went by five times in one hour. = v =

The new neighbors across the street are putting a bunch of work into the house. They and their extended family are doing themselves (so it's not contractors banging around occupying all the parking spots).

Certainly so. Contractors show up (when they show up) at gawdawful hours and start banging and screeching away with power tools so that everyone knows they're in billable time. DIYselvers come by after work and on weekends and have been known to be considerate toward their neighbors.