The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

Norwegians. Swedes are among the most non-patriotic nations. In fact, I think we take the cake.

Or, well, our patriotism is so ingrained, we don't ever question the FACT! that we're the most advanced, most modern nation on the face of the planet.

I opted to have all four of mine removed at once, which meant they put me under for it, and I was very miserable for several days once instead of rather miserable for several days twice. IIRC both the upper ones were coming in sideways (that is, parallel to the jaw line, compressing the rest of the teeth along the axis of the jaw). The lower ones weren't in such a bad state but there wasn't room for them, so they too were compressing my already close-packed teeth (I can't floss between a couple pairs of them on my left side; they're so tight the floss breaks rather than pass between most of the time).

At one point I went into the bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror ... I was 19 years old, scraggly beard, bad case of bed hair, swollen jaws on both sides, look of dull stupidity in the eyes ... it came to me that I looked just like the Time-Life painting of Australopithecus.

What was funny was that about the same time, some friends of my folks had their daughter get the same surgery. And the same pain medication dosage, though I was a 225-lb doofy guy and she was a 105-pound cheerleader type. It knocked me on my butt and I stayed in bed for about four days. OTOH, it made her high as kite, running naked through the house, offering pot to her folks, shrieking curses at them, etc. As her mother put it, "It was an interesting three days."