The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

Would have been fun to watch at least bits of it, though I imagine being there for three solid days would have been less amusing top to bottom.

For context, everyone involved was in base housing on a SAC base at the time.

Tended to be that way, yes.

We got cited once (a warning, in writing, over the base commander's signature) for having grass grow in the cracks of the driveway. I'm not making that up. I still have the paper in my possession tucked away.

This was also the base where (before the annual inspection by the multi-star general) they painted some dry grass (yard of a house that had been empty all summer) green. Then they watered it. Which made for a big discolored area across the sidewalk into the street that persisted for weeks.

Well, the inspection outcome mattered more to them than other things, like combat readiness and morale. And especially expenses. Everything got a fresh coat of paint in the two weeks before the inspection, and that always meant they didn't bother scraping the old paint off. So, a week after inspection, it was all peeling and crappy-looking again, and would stay that way for 11 months.

My wisdom teeth surgery took some time, but instead of needing recovery for the 1/2 hour, I woke up five minutes after surgery. Kind of freaked out the nurses that I walked up to the front desk that soon. Pain meds just kept the pain off, but I was 27 at the time which makes my surgery 15 years after Cancer's.