Post Apocolyptic Dark Champions

nexus

Re: Post Apocolyptic Dark Champions

Not necessarily. There can be post-apocolyptic horror' date=' fantasy, sci-fi, etc. I would even go so far as to say that post-apocolyptic could be a genre in itself.[/quote']

Well, Fist Of The Northstar can be seen as a post-apocolyptic martial arts series...and the living dead triligy (Night, Dawn, and Day) can be seen as post-apocolyptic horror...

Anyways, I doubt that wee will see anything on it untill someone does an Survivor Hero artical for Digital Hero (and no, I am not talking about the TV show).

Well, we do have a few very good fan-created websites applicable to the post-apoc genre in HERO System:

Wasteland HERO, Ron Miller's detailed post-apoc setting. Explicitly inspired by the classic Gamma World game, but also has lots of good general advice on running PA games;

Twilight Of The Dead, Will "Yamo" Mistretta's detailed guide to zombie horror survival campaigning in George Romero's "Living Dead" movie setting. Very applicable to PA horror, with specific guidelines.

The Savage Earth, Keith "Clever Word or Phrase" Curtis's richly developed PA world blending sci-fi with fantasy. Considerably less gloomy than a lot of the genre. ;)

Wow, that's really a bummer. I recall that Danger International had a post-apocalypse section, so I was really hoping for similar here. The majority of the subgenre would certainly fit better in a modern setting than a sci-fi setting, like The Stand, Alas, Babylon, Earth Abides, and many more. Are there any plans to cover thsi subgenre at all?

Wow' date=' that's really a bummer. I recall that [i']Danger International[/i] had a post-apocalypse section, so I was really hoping for similar here. The majority of the subgenre would certainly fit better in a modern setting than a sci-fi setting, like The Stand, Alas, Babylon, Earth Abides, and many more. Are there any plans to cover thsi subgenre at all?

Prehaps in a series of Digital Hero articals...if anyone wants to try to write them.

I myself am haveing problems writing up The Ultimate Magical Girl, mostly because I am lazy.

Unfortunately nearly all the game companies are convinced PA is a dead genre, despite the success of Carwars, Gamma World, Morrow Project (being re-released), Twilight 2000, and Aftermath no major game company will commit to a source book on the grounds it isn't profitable. I for one would love to see a good PA source book released.

Are there any plans to cover thsi subgenre at all?

We'd definitely like to cover it at some point. It's a subgenre I personally like, and Allen and I have had some interesting conversations about how to present it for gaming. It's not necessarily high on the list of genre and subgenre books to do, but it is on the list. :hex: