Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

You can tell you're too much of a gun bunny when you read someone saying "I'M GETTING A CZ5000 and I owned 2 CZ101's" and you immediately think "A precision bolt-action rifle and two polymer Czechoslovakian pistols."

:doi::stupid::joint::idjit:

Understandable, a lot of musicians have never heard of the Cosmo (CZ) Casio synth line. It's probably more niche than the guns you named.

What in the name of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank is the 'Piotr Velikiy' ?
Heh...my naval geekiness has been exposed. The Piotr Velikiy is one of the only modern battlecruisers in service anywhere. Formerly known as the Kirov class in the USSR, 2 of the 4 are still in service with the Russian Navy. The P. Velikiy (Peter the Great) and the Admiral Nakhimov (er...Admiral Nakhimov). ;)

You can see more about this monster of a ship (Largest warships produced since WW2 other than Aircraft Carriers) here: http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/kirov/

And also see yet another variation on the name. ;) I have yet to see any two sources agree on how to spell "Peter" in Russian.

Heavens to Murtgatroid (or however Snaggletooth sez it)...

Yup. That's evil.

But, is it fun?

Oh yeah... especially when your Blackguard's automated dialogue goes "Die, you little bastards! DIE!!" And then for treasure... you have to take the heart of one of those innocent children to a Pit Fiend to complete the magical poison you are making.

Heavens to Murtgatroid (or however Snaggletooth sez it)...

Actually, it is Snagglepuss who had the catch-phrases "Exit, stage left" and "Heavens to Murgatroyd".

"Purists, by the way, point out that those pre-series appearances were actually made by a pink mountain lion named Snaggletooth, but the differences in design, if not character, are subtle, and this may be an Egghead/Elmer question."

Linkage below, for those who care. My work here is done.

Mags

http://www.toonopedia.com/snaggle.htm

Guest Skaramine

Commando Santa?!?! :nonp:

What is that? Santa without shorts? :snicker::snicker:

Mags

I must now shove a fire-hardened #2 Pencil into my minds eye now.

OH GOD! Mental image switch from Ed Asner to Billy Bob Thornton... KILL ME NOW! :ugly:

Guest Skaramine

Actually, it is Snagglepuss who had the catch-phrases "Exit, stage left" and "Heavens to Murgatroyd".

"Purists, by the way, point out that those pre-series appearances were actually made by a pink mountain lion named Snaggletooth, but the differences in design, if not character, are subtle, and this may be an Egghead/Elmer question."

Linkage below, for those who care. My work here is done.

Mags

http://www.toonopedia.com/snaggle.htm

Oh wow...

If I hadn't overloaded on rep, you'd be getting it, Mistress of Hanna Barberra Trivia.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRD MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Guest Skaramine

Heh...my naval geekiness has been exposed. The Piotr Velikiy is one of the only modern battlecruisers in service anywhere. Formerly known as the Kirov class in the USSR, 2 of the 4 are still in service with the Russian Navy. The P. Velikiy (Peter the Great) and the Admiral Nakhimov (er...Admiral Nakhimov). ;)

You can see more about this monster of a ship (Largest warships produced since WW2 other than Aircraft Carriers) here: http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/kirov/

And also see yet another variation on the name. ;) I have yet to see any two sources agree on how to spell "Peter" in Russian.

Ah, Proditor...

When I was much younger, I was into model ships and naval stuff. It was a carry over from watching Star Trek and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Big ships with big casts... I've written a few stories about them. Then I learned the real Navy was much more complex.

But still... big ships is cool!

Guest Skaramine

Oh yeah... especially when your Blackguard's automated dialogue goes "Die' date=' you little bastards! DIE!!" And then for treasure... you have to take the heart of one of those innocent children to a Pit Fiend to complete the magical poison you are making.[/quote']

Oh... the fun grows and grows.

Still, I like hearing neckbones crunch after you bag 'em. This is Metal Gear Solid without all those annoying nukes and Snake's insipid pickup lines... and less cutscenes.

Guest Worldmaker

Commando Santa?!?! :nonp:

What is that? Santa without shorts? :snicker::snicker:

If I could figure out how to export the picture, I would, just to show you.

Guest Worldmaker

Center your monitor onhim' date=' then hit print screen. After exiting CoH, paste the picture into a photoomanip program, then cut away the excess frame around him. (or leave it, your choice.)[/quote']

Thanks. As promised, Commando Santa.

Guest Worldmaker

Yer welcome' date=' And he is cool.[/quote']

This afternoon, I was hanging out under the Atlas statue, waiting for a friend to show up, when this level 50 woman in a cape drops out of the sky in front of me, says "You have got to be the coolest thing I've ever seen in this game", and gifts me with half a million influence.

This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened...

This afternoon, I was hanging out under the Atlas statue, waiting for a friend to show up, when this level 50 woman in a cape drops out of the sky in front of me, says "You have got to be the coolest thing I've ever seen in this game", and gifts me with half a million influence.

half a million!!!! Youare one lucky bastich :thumbup:

I tend to do that sort of thing as well, though I tend to just give 90k a pop. I got myself down to an even 35 million last night before logging and tonight while helping someone else get toward level 50 in the Shadow Shard wound up with another 300k.

I wish we could buy bases.