Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I *do* tell them I'm clearable. I even tell them I once had clearance with the INS. It isn't as hot as DoD clearance' date=' but I [b']am[/b] clearable. They don't want to hear it. They want you to have an active TS clearance and be able to start tomorrow.

I have just what they want! Wait just a moment while I pull a miracle out of my rear...

Fortunately' date=' Alice's loss of Health Insurance is working out for the better. I'm going to be able to add her to my insurance now instead of at Open Enrollment in July. My Health Insurance covers things we were looking into and it is cheaper in the long run.[/quote']

Congrats, glad it worked out for the best.

Guest Skaramine

When am I going to learn to quit posting in politcally heated thread when what I post has good points' date=' hope for discussion or debate on those points, but all I get is "good speech" and it's bad to the ideological BS... [/quote']

Sorry. Sometimes I get mad at the pundits. I didn't mean for my sarcasm to seem so dismissive of any of your input... I wish more people had brains and posted facts like you did.

*gives Michelle a quiet' date=' friendly, comforting hug.*[/quote']

*long sigh*

I appreciate it, I do. But the urge to punch holes in the walls (amazing what a properly focused martial arts punch can do to a cinderblock wall...) is still very strong. Just when I was getting used to the idea that I was actually going to be making halfway decent and regular money for a change...

*walks over to the nearest wall of the Forum, takes a deep breath, pulls her fist back, grits her teeth, and with a deafening kiai shout, slams her fist straight through the wall again and again*

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Guest Worldmaker

*long sigh*

I appreciate it, I do. But the urge to punch holes in the walls (amazing what a properly focused martial arts punch can do to a cinderblock wall...) is still very strong.

In reaction to something posted by Trebuchet this morning I ended up hitting my speedbag so hard I busted the chain holding it to its anchor. I sympathize.

*walks over to the nearest wall of the Forum, takes a deep breath, pulls her fist back, grits her teeth, and with a deafening kiai shout, slams her fist straight through the wall again and again*

*reaches up, turns off her hearing aids and goes merrily about her business*

:D

In reaction to something posted by Trebuchet this morning I ended up hitting my speedbag so hard I busted the chain holding it to its anchor. I sympathize.

I was going to ask what in the world he could have said to get that kind of reaction, but then I thought better of it (not to mention, I don't think I want to know)...

The last time I remember getting so frustrated and just so ANGRY, I punched a dent a good 3-4 inches deep in the cinderblock wall of my dorm in Tucson. Scared the living daylights out of my roommate, who didn't know I could hit ANYTHING that hard (I was a much slenderer 115 lbs back then).

*reaches up, turns off her hearing aids and goes merrily about her business*

:D

*looks over at Kara, and flicks the lights on and off to get her attention, then signs in ASL*

YOU CAN EAR-CLOSE BUT YOU CANNOT HIDE.

You can close your ears, but you can't hide.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

I was going to ask what in the world he could have said to get that kind of reaction, but then I thought better of it (not to mention, I don't think I want to know)...

The last time I remember getting so frustrated and just so ANGRY, I punched a dent a good 3-4 inches deep in the cinderblock wall of my dorm in Tucson. Scared the living daylights out of my roommate, who didn't know I could hit ANYTHING that hard (I was a much slenderer 115 lbs back then).

*looks over at Kara, and flicks the lights on and off to get her attention, then signs in ASL*

YOU CAN EAR-CLOSE BUT YOU CANNOT HIDE.

You can close your ears, but you can't hide.

Sweety, I'm an exhibitionist. I seldom hide. :winkgrin:

And you don't wanna see what ticked Jack off. Heck, it ticked me off, and that ain't the easiest thing in the world to do. :(

Guest Skaramine

Damn, martial arts enough to actually HAVE a Killing Strike with enough damage classes to smash cinderblock and Language: ASL, fluent...

Plus Com 16, Pre 23...

That's some kinda character sheet!

Damn, martial arts enough to actually HAVE a Killing Strike with enough damage classes to smash cinderblock and Language: ASL, fluent...

Plus Com 16, Pre 23...

lol Wonder if anyone can come up with the Perky Fu martial art. :D

Plus Com 16, Pre 23...

You should see me with a katana! (although I am EXTREMELY out of practice, as John will be the first to point out)

But yeah, I became an instant legend in my dorm for that stunt.

And as far as the ASL goes, the best compliment I ever got was from a group of deafies I met at a conference, and though they immediately realized I was hearing, their first question was "MOTHER FATHER DEAF?" (meaning they thought I'd been raised in a deaf household, a very high compliment indeed from native signers)

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

And as far as the ASL goes, the best compliment I ever got was from a group of deafies I met at a conference, and though they immediately realized I was hearing, their first question was "MOTHER FATHER DEAF?" (meaning they thought I'd been raised in a deaf household, a very high compliment indeed from native signers)

Our girls sign. :) Well, except for Erin, but she's only 19 months old, but she will. :D

You then might be impressed by the fact that I wrote a 95-page thesis called "A COMPARISON STUDY OF LEXICAL AND GRAMMATICAL COMPLEXITY ACROSS K-3 TEXTS IN ENGLISH AND AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE (ASL)-GLOSS" (which in layman's terms, was me assessing children's reading materials to see if there was a reason that deaf kids' literacy falls off somewhere around 4th grade).

Then again, you might not.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

You then might be impressed by the fact that I wrote a 95-page thesis called "A COMPARISON STUDY OF LEXICAL AND GRAMMATICAL COMPLEXITY ACROSS K-3 TEXTS IN ENGLISH AND AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE (ASL)-GLOSS" (which in layman's terms, was me assessing children's reading materials to see if there was a reason that deaf kids' literacy falls off somewhere around 4th grade).

Then again, you might not.

lol Might be more impressed if I could read it. ;) Have a copy?

Guest Worldmaker

The last time I remember getting so frustrated and just so ANGRY' date=' I punched a dent a good 3-4 inches deep in the cinderblock wall of my dorm in Tucson. Scared the living daylights out of my roommate, who didn't know I could hit ANYTHING that hard (I was a much slenderer 115 lbs back then).[/quote']

The last time I was as pissed off as I was this morning, I ended up chasing a man who had just fractured my skull with a baseball bat five blocks, having first relieved him of said bat after said fracture occurred...

Guest Worldmaker

Cinder blocks are easy. Or at least, I always found them so.

Guest Worldmaker

*looks over at Jack, then strongly emphasizes her New York accent*

So, you want me t' go over there and take care of him for ya?

No. Its a situation that I'd take care of myself just so I could enjoy it.

lol Might be more impressed if I could read it. ;) Have a copy?

Yeah, I do, if you can get Word files and open them in Microsoft Word (Notepad won't cut it, sorry, too many charts and such). Dunno how much sense it'll make to you, but sure, if you'd like to read it (already had about a half-dozen professors ask for permission to quote my findings)...

The last time I was as pissed off as I was this morning' date=' I ended up chasing a man who had just fractured my skull with a baseball bat five blocks, having first relieved him of said bat after said fracture occurred...[/quote']

Now THAT'S determination...

Cinder blocks are easy. Or at least' date=' I always found them so.[/quote']

Never had much opportunity to practice on anything else. Hitting people is generally not considered good form.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Yeah, I do, if you can get Word files and open them in Microsoft Word (Notepad won't cut it, sorry, too many charts and such). Dunno how much sense it'll make to you, but sure, if you'd like to read it (already had about a half-dozen professors ask for permission to quote my findings)...

Oooh! Send! :D I'll PM ya my e-mail. :)

Guest Worldmaker

Now THAT'S determination...

I am not a man who goes down easily. Add to that training, and the fact that I'm roughly the size of a frigidairre...