High End Cannoical Character in Champions Universe

nexus

Re: High End Cannoical Character in Champions Universe

Did they repeat this storyline? I remember in an Avengers arc many years ago (when I was still reading comics) that Nefaria transferred the powers of some "B" list villains (hmm..I think it was the original Power Man' date=' Whirlwind, and..the Living Laser?) to himself, but multiplied many times over.[/quote']

Yes, he was finally brought back a couple of years ago by Kurt "King of Comic Retro" Busiek during his excellent run on Avengers.

And you got the B-villain list correct. ;)

(Just a brief tangent: during the finale of the JLA/Avengers crossover, one panel showed a glimpse of Superman about to square off against Count Nefaria. Now that is a fight I'd love to see! :bounce: )

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes' date=' he was finally brought back a couple of years ago by Kurt "King of Comic Retro" Busiek during his excellent run on [i']Avengers[/i].

And you got the B-villain list correct. ;)

Heh, cool..I can still remember the trivial stuff :cool:
(Just a brief tangent: during the finale of the JLA/Avengers crossover, one panel showed a glimpse of Superman about to square off against Count Nefaria. Now that is a fight I'd love to see! :bounce: )
Ringside!

Umm..OK, maybe we should sit a little further back.

Did they repeat this storyline? I remember in an Avengers arc many years ago (when I was still reading comics) that Nefaria transferred the powers of some "B" list villains (hmm..I think it was the original Power Man' date=' Whirlwind, and..the Living Laser?) to himself, but multiplied many times over.[/quote']

Depending on how many years ago that was, that might be the 'recently' I meant.

Depending on how many years ago that was' date=' that might be the 'recently' I meant.[/quote']

Umm, that was a pretty long time ago... the late '70s/early '80s. The original story with Count Nefaria gaining his mega-powers was the first time John Byrne did AVENGERS, before he was a real big name, in fact.

Of course, in Marvel-time, it was probably about 3 years ago.