Does my timing suck?

shem_whistler

Hi all,

i have recently invested in a copy of Hero after a friend of mine has been raving about it for what seems like forever. :)

I am really getting into it and love the idea of the system, although the mechanics are still 'clunky in my head' I need more practice....

Anyway I saw on the upcoming release schedule that there is a revised edition of Hero being released fairly soon.

i see that it has reprints for the errata (not bothered about that as I have doctored my copy)

Different pieces that seem to be availabale for download (so not too worried about that)

But to cut a long story short, too late...

HAve I bought my copy too early, will I need to replace it in a couple of months or can I get by with what I have and the website?

Any insight will be much appreciated as I'm sure I cannot be the ONLY one in this position.

Many thanks

Shem

Re: Does my timing suck?

5th Revised isn't a "system upgrade". From the announcement date, Hero's been careful to stress that fact - there's no need to replace the 5th Ed rule book to stay current. Steve has steadfastly refused to make any rules changes, for that reason.

It will contain clarified text, and a lot of the FAQ document, plus some items that have been published elsewhere (mainly advantages and limited powers that come from other books and are considered appropriate for the core rules).

So I'd say no, you don't need to budget for 5ER in a few months.

To be precise, there are a few minor "tweaks," but nothing I'd consider major. Most of the additional stuff can be found in the Rules FAQ or various supplements in any event.

We hope you will upgrade at some point, but you don't have to do so immediately if you don't want to -- you can get by OK with 5E for the time being. :hex:

Heck, I still use my 4th edition manual while my players have Fred, so I don't see why you would HAVE to upgrade to 5th edition revised.

Although the true only reason I am not using Fred is that the 4th edition book is shorter and I know where everything is inside of it (and it has those advantage/disadvantage cost tables that aren't in Fred).