Astreoid Maps

JmOz

Re: Astreoid Maps

Take a large sheet of paper and put a 10 by 20 grid on it. Each square of the grid is X Miles or Kilometers. Then using a d10, a d20, and two d4 you can randomly generate an astroid's surface. The d10 and d20 give you your coordinates; the two d4 will give you the radius and depth of the craters (feel free to add another d4 for oblong craters.

Once you are done doing this, you can layout where you want key installations and caves. Need a map for cave layout? Create of boxes (not connected!) that are about 10 by 10. Then using a d4 create a path doing the following:

1 - Dead End

2 - Turn Right

3 - Turn Left

4 - Go straight

This will give you a random cave complex inside of the astroid.

Need ideas for a Base? Use Hexes. Have 6 lesser buildings form a ring around the core building. Connect the 6 outter buildings with enclosed walkways, and only allow 2 lesser buildings (or walkways) connect to the central building. Connect these complexes at the lesser buildings to form a large grid system.

Hope this is of some help

Take a large sheet of paper and put a 10 by 20 grid on it. Each square of the grid is X Miles or Kilometers. Then using a d10, a d20, and two d4 you can randomly generate an astroid's surface. The d10 and d20 give you your coordinates; the two d4 will give you the radius and depth of the craters (feel free to add another d4 for oblong craters.

Once you are done doing this, you can layout where you want key installations and caves. Need a map for cave layout? Create of boxes (not connected!) that are about 10 by 10. Then using a d4 create a path doing the following:

1 - Dead End

2 - Turn Right

3 - Turn Left

4 - Go straight

This will give you a random cave complex inside of the astroid.

Need ideas for a Base? Use Hexes. Have 6 lesser buildings form a ring around the core building. Connect the 6 outter buildings with enclosed walkways, and only allow 2 lesser buildings (or walkways) connect to the central building. Connect these complexes at the lesser buildings to form a large grid system.

Hope this is of some help

Interesting ideas, thank you. Anyone else, to be specific BTW I am looking for asteroid bases

k... are you looking for the "Base is built so the horizontal is aligned with the Meteor's Surface" or the "The base is a building inside a meteor"

bascially will the base only have 1 'down' or will it's down be the center of the meteor?

are you wanting colored maps or not?

I have some B&W maps that can easily be set onto the surface of a meteor (even slightly below surface). Give me a couple of days and I can find them and scan them into my computer and post them here.

k... are you looking for the "Base is built so the horizontal is aligned with the Meteor's Surface" or the "The base is a building inside a meteor"

bascially will the base only have 1 'down' or will it's down be the center of the meteor?

are you wanting colored maps or not?

I have some B&W maps that can easily be set onto the surface of a meteor (even slightly below surface). Give me a couple of days and I can find them and scan them into my computer and post them here.

Cool, thanks Blue. If possible could you e-mail them to me instead (Necrobob is in my group)

Color is definatly NOT needed.

Essentialy the part is going to be going into an asteroid base to rescuse someone, and I am looking for maps. I was thinking a couple of levels but primarily the asteroids are used as bases for fighter crafts

I don't know if this helps but here's http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/newsdesk/archive/releases/1997/27/image/a - note that you can click on various things and enlarge the asteroid maps. There's apparently other such things as at http://www.iki.rssi.ru/solar/eng/castalia.htm

But these may not be that helpful.

Actually' date=' if you're giving the maps away I definately wouldn't mind getting my hands on them as well. Frankly I'm willing to take any maps I can, especially if they're hex maps.[/quote']

All my maps are on Grid Paper (squares) I'm sorry to say. If you are still interested in them I can email them to you as well.

Anyway, I found my maps I just have to get them scanned in and cleaned up a bit so they are viewable. Keep in mind that my scanner has excellent resolution so each image file will be fairly big.

I should have them emailed no later than 10 PM tonight.

All my maps are on Grid Paper (squares) I'm sorry to say. If you are still interested in them I can email them to you as well.

Anyway, I found my maps I just have to get them scanned in and cleaned up a bit so they are viewable. Keep in mind that my scanner has excellent resolution so each image file will be fairly big.

cool thank you very much

Sorry I haven't responded sooner - been bogged down with homework.

anyway, I went digging through my book of stuff (official name of every plot idea, character, and base I've ever had) and discovered that 90% of the material has suffered water damage. While granted, there wasn't very much to begin with, I've lost about 20 pages of work - mostly character writeups *sigh*

The good news is that I still have 2 pages of the base on paper (the others were damaged beyond recognition). I managed to redraw the overview on Hex Paper. I can either try to redraw the other pages (there were like, 6 of them) or you can just use what I have available.

Notes on the base:

The 6 hexagonal buildings are domes. The interior of the domes are like normal buildings. I didn't bother drawing the Airlocks. The structures connecting the domes are enclosed Catwalks (there are airlocks at each dome entrance to prevent decompression if a Catwalk is destroid.

The 4 Triangular structures are sheild generators. The Core has a landing pad on top. The Only other entrances to the core are cat-walks B-C and E-F. Where these Catwalks and the Catwalks leading to the core are is a security Shutter.

Dome A is the Warehouse and Vehical Service Station. There is an Airlock leading outside big enough for most vehicals. There is also a vertical Lift. The first floor should be littered with crates.

Dome B is the Security Station and Armory. This is where the controls for all security doors and the Force Feilds are. However, control for the inner force field takes priority commands from the Core.

Dome C is the barracks and dining hall.

Dome D is the hospital.

Dome E is the Maintenance Shed.

Dome F is Life Support. This is where all water and air are pumped for recycling.

As for the Core itself, you can do whatever you want with it. I orginally had this:

1st Floor: A large lobby with a guard Station by the elevators. Guard Station has a 2ndary Barracks and Armory in the back.

2nd Floor: Offices and Conference Center.

Roof: Landing pad for Vertical Take-off and landing vehicals.

B1: Lockers and Rec room.

B2: Security Level 1 Labs.

B3: Security Level 2 Labs

B4: Maximum Security Labs, Emergency Failsafe Control Center. Central Computer banks

If you like you can send them to me and I will post them. You can send me an email via the boards and I'll send you the return email address.

Notes on the base:

The 6 hexagonal buildings are domes. The interior of the domes are like normal buildings. I didn't bother drawing the Airlocks. The structures connecting the domes are enclosed Catwalks (there are airlocks at each dome entrance to prevent decompression if a Catwalk is destroid.

The 4 Triangular structures are sheild generators. The Core has a landing pad on top. The Only other entrances to the core are cat-walks B-C and E-F. Where these Catwalks and the Catwalks leading to the core are is a security Shutter.

Dome A is the Warehouse and Vehical Service Station. There is an Airlock leading outside big enough for most vehicals. There is also a vertical Lift. The first floor should be littered with crates.

Dome B is the Security Station and Armory. This is where the controls for all security doors and the Force Feilds are. However, control for the inner force field takes priority commands from the Core.

Dome C is the barracks and dining hall.

Dome D is the hospital.

Dome E is the Maintenance Shed.

Dome F is Life Support. This is where all water and air are pumped for recycling.

As for the Core itself, you can do whatever you want with it. I orginally had this:

1st Floor: A large lobby with a guard Station by the elevators. Guard Station has a 2ndary Barracks and Armory in the back.

2nd Floor: Offices and Conference Center.

Roof: Landing pad for Vertical Take-off and landing vehicals.

B1: Lockers and Rec room.

B2: Security Level 1 Labs.

B3: Security Level 2 Labs

B4: Maximum Security Labs, Emergency Failsafe Control Center. Central Computer banks

SuperBlue, if you want I will superimpose a hex-grid on the part without such, and put on my site. I would need to know the scale, though, plus have your permission naturally.