New Power: Damage Shield Construction

schir1964

Re: New Power: Damage Shield Construction

Yes, I believe it should cost END by default. It should also be a continuous power, so it is on as long as you pay the END costs.

+1/4 Advantage to add your DS to offensive HTH attacks is not to far out, makes it cheap enough to be viable and still costs END.

The MPA issue is pretty much unavoidable, as it is currently an issue with DS as written in the books, so I think it's safe to ignore that feature in all honesty. Especially so if you limit each character to one DS, and more only with GM permission.

Making a persistant DS still requires a full +1 of advantages, 0END/Persistant, so that's not out of balance either.

The cost/die don't seem to much of a problem honestly .. I might possibly be inclinded to drop them back to "standard" costs... 5pt/Normal d6, etc.. But I'm not sure on that one. I need to have a sit and think about if removing Range and turning a power Constant from Instant would require a bump in cost... maybe. I'm sure others have more coherent thoughts on that than I do.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1/4 Advantage to add your DS to offensive HTH attacks is not to far out, makes it cheap enough to be viable and still costs END.

The MPA issue is pretty much unavoidable, as it is currently an issue with DS as written in the books, so I think it's safe to ignore that feature in all honesty. Especially so if you limit each character to one DS, and more only with GM permission.

I'm not sure I'm reading you about the MPA issue. For the rules as currently written, DS doesn't do anything offensively other than along with Grab, unless you pay the +1/4 Advantage. The Advantage accounts for the inherent MPA benefits.

Making a persistant DS still requires a full +1 of advantages, 0END/Persistant, so that's not out of balance either.

Agreed.

The cost/die don't seem to much of a problem honestly .. I might possibly be inclinded to drop them back to "standard" costs... 5pt/Normal d6, etc.. But I'm not sure on that one. I need to have a sit and think about if removing Range and turning a power Constant from Instant would require a bump in cost... maybe. I'm sure others have more coherent thoughts on that than I do.

This is where I disagree, strongly, for reasons stated above.

Perhaps this would be a good comprimise? I like it this way. What do you think?

This "Quote" has been edited and is not an actual quote.

Damage Shield: A character with this power will deliver damage to an opponent who attacks and successfully hits the character (HTH). Furthermore, this damage is also delivered when the character attacks and successfully hits an opponent (HTH).

Standard Power/Attack Power {special may be Adjustment}

Constant

No Range

Cost Endurance

Damage Type

Normal (10 Points Per 1d6): Normal Damage (vs PhyD or ED)

Killing (30 Points Per 1d6): Killing Damage (vs PhyD or ED)

Mental (20 Points Per 1d6): Mental Damage (vs MD)

Adjustment (20 Points Per 1d6): Adjustment Damage (vs PwrD) [This makes the power an adjustment power instead of an attack power]

Transfer (30 Points Per 1D6): Transfer From X to Y [This makes the power an adjustment power instead of an attack power]

Transform (10/20/30 Points Per 1d6): (Cosmetic/Minor/Major) Transform Damage (vs PwrD) [This makes the power an adjustment power instead of an attack power]

Adders

Touch (+5 Points): Damage is delivered when anyone/anything touches the character. (The GM may require the player to take the Side Effect Limitation with this adder)

Special Limitation

Deffense Only (-1/4): This power only damages an attacker and does no damage when the User attacks others.

:rockon:

I personally still think the best fix would be to just have Damage Shield work as discussed in the 5E rules' date=' but assign it a +1 Advantage and not require one to buy Continuous.[/quote']

That's the way I handle it in my games.

Damage Powers

Adjustment

Aid (10 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Instant/No Range/Costs No Endurance]

Drain (10 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Instant/No Range/Costs Endurance] No Cap

Healing (10 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Instant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Suppress (5 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Constant/Ranged/Costs Endurance] Cumulative

Transfer (15 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Instant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Standard

Dispel (3 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance] All Or Nothing

Energy Blast (5 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Entangle (10 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Flash (5 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Killing Attack HKA (15 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/No Range/Costs Endurance] Adds STR

Killing Attack RKA (15 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Telekinesis (~10 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Transform (5/10/15 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Mental

Ego Attack (10 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Mental Illusions (5 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Mind Control (5 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Mind Scan (5 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Telepathy (5 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

I decided to do some analysis of all applicable powers that could be used as Damage Shields. I decided to make all the powers have the exact same aspects to try to get a real idea of what the base values should be. And to compare relative balance.

Adjustment

Aid (13 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Drain (20 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance] No Cap

Healing (20 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Suppress (3 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance] Cumulative

Transfer (30 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Standard

Dispel (4 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance] All Or Nothing

Energy Blast (7 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Entangle (13 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Flash (7 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Killing Attack HKA (30 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance] Adds STR

Killing Attack RKA (20 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Telekinesis (5 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Transform (7/13/20 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Mental

Ego Attack (13 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Mental Illusions (7 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Mind Control (7 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Mind Scan (7 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Telepathy (7 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Notes:

Aid and Healing don't really apply but were included for comparison.

Drain appears just a little over balanced since it has no cap.

Suppress seems to be very over balanced. Especially with the Cumulative.

Transfer seems a little under balanced.

Mental Illusions/Control/Scan and Telepathy don't really apply, but used for comparison.

Adjustment ?(25 Pts/1d6)?

Suppress (3 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance] Cumulative

Standard ?(10 Pts/1d6 Normal, 15 Pts/1d6 Other, 25 Pts/1d6 Killing)?

Telekinesis (5 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Transform - Cosmetic (7 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Transform - Minor (13 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Transform - Major (20 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Killing Attack HKA (30 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance] Adds STR

Mental ?(15 Pts/1d6)?

Comments/Suggestions/Ideas?

- Christopher Mullins

On further thought ... the MPA issues really aren't. Whatever HTH attack the DS is adding to has to fit the MPA rules anyway. nevermind that part at all.

As for your above costs ... I'd ditch anything that doesn't cost out to a multiple of 5 to be honest. It just isn't neat. Requiring mandatory Limitations (ala Hand Attack) to simulate a lower cost fits the system a little better (even if it looks screwy...)

Also, I think your original costs aren't that far off either, at least after a days think on it I couldn't see anything about them that made me cringe.

You're basically paying for a power to cause damage when someone successfully hits you in combat, should be just slightly higher in cost than a normal attack.

I like a +1/4 Advantage to a DS Power to make it "offensive" where the DS adds damage to your successful attacks as well.

Turining it to 0END is a +1/2 and keeps it constant, which is fair. Another +1/2 turns it persistent, which has its advantages and a few disadvantages as well. More on the Adv side though.

All in all.. it's not that bad, I think handling it as a seperate power is a better way to go than the Advantage Route that is in the current system. I'd go with your original cost analysis and not the second set in your latest post.

Adjustment

Drain (20 Pts/1d6): No Cap

Suppress (5 Pts/1d6): Cumulative

Transfer (30 Pts/1d6):

Standard

Dispel (5 Pts/1d6): All Or Nothing

Energy Blast (10 Pts/1d6):

Entangle (15 Pts/1d6):

Flash (10 Pts/1d6):

Killing Attack RKA (20 Pts/1d6):

Killing Attack HKA (30 Pts/1d6): Adds STR

Telekinesis (10 Pts/1d6):

Transform - Cosmetic (10 Pts/1d6):

Transform - Minor (15 Pts/1d6):

Transform - Major (20 Pts/1d6):

Mental

Ego Attack (15 Pts/1d6):

That's the way I handle it in my games.

Me too, continuous shmntinuous. I always kind of considered it in my head as continuous being part of the cost of the DS.

Shrug. I still don't see what all the fuss is about.

Adjustment

Drain (20 Pts/1d6): No Cap

Suppress (5 Pts/1d6): Cumulative

Transfer (30 Pts/1d6):

Standard

Dispel (5 Pts/1d6): All Or Nothing

Energy Blast (10 Pts/1d6):

Entangle (15 Pts/1d6):

Flash (10 Pts/1d6):

Killing Attack RKA (20 Pts/1d6):

Killing Attack HKA (30 Pts/1d6): Adds STR

Telekinesis (10 Pts/1d6):

Transform - Cosmetic (10 Pts/1d6):

Transform - Minor (15 Pts/1d6):

Transform - Major (20 Pts/1d6):

Mental

Ego Attack (15 Pts/1d6):

Few questions, is Adds STR really appropriate for a standard DS?

Once you reach the 20 and 30 points per die range you make the power unappealing cost wise, doubly so if you want to add further adjustments to it, it's now got the same cost issues that DS has as is.

I don't any power should cost 30pts/D6 normally, 20pts is suspect a bit even.

The list is of the powers as is with all thier built in functionality. The costs are result of turning them into Constant, No Range powers and rounding them off at intervals of 5 Points.

The higher costs are somewhat reflective of the benefit that power grants. The fact that HKA costs more than RKA makes sense due the added benefit of Adding STR.

However, I do think that Transfer costs too much for what it gives.

I'm working on some adjustments to validate costs that would be slightly more than the original power, but costs less than the current DS Modier.

More to come.

- Christopher Mullins

i think HKA and RKA should cost the same regardless ... they do at the base level.

think of it this way: HKA has "Adds STR" and RKA has "Ranged" ... if they cost the same at the base level then why do you start to vary the cost? Seems like unfair penalties to me.

That and the cost structure has no become far too complicated and is slowly creeping towards "complicated to the point of impractical" .. reduce the base cost of the DS back down to a few basic levels that seem to fit right, don't worry about adding all the other stuff into whatever hte base is since you're trying to REPLACE that option because it's clunky.

Prefiguring the costs into a DS Power from DS Advantages does not fix the power.

So what would you do with Transform? Give it one cost for all levels of use?

Actually, if you run the numbers, you'll find that the built in Damage Shield Advantage is approximately +1/4 in value with this method.

Or do you think the an Damage Shield Attack should be cheaper than the original Attack modified to match?

Simplifying it further makes some attacks a bargain and others too expensive. The result would be some powers being used more often for Damage Shield since they would give more bang for the buck, while the others would hardly ever be used since they would be deemed useless in comparison.

Now lets looks at what we've got.

If there is a 60 AP Cap on a Superhero campaign, lets look at what we can purchase below.

Adjustment

[2d6] Drain (25 Pts/1d6)

[2d6] Suppress (25 Pts/1d6)

[2d6] Transfer (25 Pts/1d6)

Standard

[12d6] Dispel (5 Pts/1d6): All Or Nothing

[6d6] Energy Blast (10 Pts/1d6)

[4d6] Entangle (15 Pts/1d6)

[6d6] Flash (10 Pts/1d6)

[2d6] Killing Attack (25 Pts/1d6)

[12d6] Telekinesis aka STR (5 Pts/1d6): Must have set effect (Grab and Throw, etc)

[6d6] Transform - Cosmetic (10 Pts/1d6)

[4d6] Transform - Minor (15 Pts/1d6)

[2d6] Transform - Major (25 Pts/1d6)

Mental

[4d6] Ego Attack (15 Pts/1d6)

Do you still think certain Damage Shields are too weak?

- Christopher Mullins

Part of it isn't so much the cost as the complication.

Break it down to

Adjustment, Normal, Killing, Mental and Transform - five types of costs.

And basically what you've done is not create a new power but precosted the effects of DS on existing powers. Helpful, but hardly new or a fix on anything perceived as 'off a bit'

I really don't have much more in the way of suggestions at this point.

As for the Power is used to much issues if it seems more cost effective - kill off the issues by going "You get one DS. that's it, and it BETTER fit the SFX of the character."

The General version is for those like ghost-angel who want someting simple and don't care if the cost is the same as the original power.

The more detailed version is for those who are more striict on keeping the cost balanced for what you are getting and with the original powers.

However, I do make a couple of exceptions on this. Drain and Suppress. Both are too cheap for what they do. Drain is arguable, but Suppress ended up being a base cost 3 Pts/Die being No Range/Constant/Cumulative. That made no sense whatsoever.

Any thoughts?

- Christopher Mullins

I like the direction this is going, I think that damage shield will work better as a separate power, but alas, how to price it.

Perhaps pricing it by Damage Classes, as all attack powers are done in the book. So a drain would be 2 DCs, a KA 3, etc...

Then make an advantage, STR adds to Damage (+1/2) to represent HAs and HKAs.

Perhaps another advantage for mental and adjustment powers (+1/4 should be about right, I think) to represent the fact that they tend to be more effective, since not many characters have defense against them.

Then assign a cost per DC, such as 7.5 points (a number I'm playing around with in my head) or 10 points.

Voila, it would be simple to understand, and detailed enough to deal with individual powers.

One issue I see with this is with Dispel. How many DCs are in a 10d6 Dispel? 6? 10?

I did look at the Damage Class approach, but that would require listing each Power with it's equivalent Damage Class. It had it's own problems of costing.

5 Pts/DC: Too cheap.

10 Pts/DC: About right for most powers, but Killing and others becomes 30 Pts/1d6.

15 Pts/DC: Too expensive.

You probably didn't notice, but I've already included the STR Adds To Killing Damage Advantage in the first post.

If you refer the Damage Class Chart, you'll see a column for powers that aren't normal or killing.

But I welcome any ideas on how to make this more consistent and flexible.

- Christopher Mullins

Just so you don't think I've abandoned the idea, I haven't. I'm still sitting on the costing thing, and have some ideas... though I do like the Simplified/Detailed versions you've got.

I've been rather busy lately and haven't even been on these boards in 3 days, so my thinking may take a few more before I can post..

My general aim is to take the excellent groundwork you've got here and consildate the costing structure into one full chart that should satisfy both sides of the issue by hitting a bit of middle ground.

I definately think DS is better as a seperate power, just have to get costing down... I'll check back after Halloween at the latest.

Hello Christopher. Long time...

For what it is worth I do not think we need a new power to simulate damage shield. I don't think it works properly for two reasons:

1. I don't get the need for continuous as you can not automatically cause damage after making an initial attack roll by maintaining LOS (you need another attack roll or a STR v STR contest at least), which is why continuous costs so much. You should pay END every phase it is up, but that would just be part of the requirement of DS, not a required advantage.

2. The range thing. My biggest beef. This hugely favours non-ranged powers in damage shields, like drain, which are probably more effective in any event. Get rid of the rule that you have to take 'no range' for no limitation. All damage done 'automatically' by a damage shield will be at zero range but if you have a ranged power and the +1/4 advantage 'can be used as an attack' (which replaces 'can do damage to targets with HTH attacks other than grab'), you can attack either in HTH OR at range. If you do buy 'no range' you get a cheaper power. Obviously you can not use a non-ranged at range. Then you get Flame boy covered in flame that damage things he comes into physical contact with AND able to project them at range, all in the one power. This would prevent everyone with an energy sheath having to buy an EC...but they probably would anyway...

I'd be willing to listen to arguments that that, if the above amendments were made, the cost of DS should go up to +3/4 (which would make it +1 if you could use it to attack), but I'm not proposing that at present.

Hello Christopher. Long time...

For what it is worth I do not think we need a new power to simulate damage shield.

I'm mainly trying to address the cost problems, but I also think that there are too many wierd loopholes that can occur using the current method. I'm simply trying to create a more consistent/flexible alternative for those who might prefer it. And technically this method is not trying to 'simulate' the Damage Shield advantage, but simply implement it in another fashion. No simulation involved at all. (8^D)

I don't think it works properly for two reasons:

Ok, let's get to it... (8^D)

1. I don't get the need for continuous as you can not automatically cause damage after making an initial attack roll by maintaining LOS (you need another attack roll or a STR v STR contest at least)' date=' which is why continuous costs so much. You should pay END every phase it is up, but that would just be part of the requirement of DS, not a required advantage.[/quote']

Ok, I can see you why you have come to the wrong conclusion. A "Constant" Power is different from a "Continuous" Power. I'm defining the Damage Shield Power as being "Constant" not "Continuous".

Example: Suppress is a Standard Constant Power. You can keep it up for as long as you pay Endurance, but you don't automatically get another attack everytime your phase comes around. However, if you did second Suppress on your second phase, the rules say the power is culmulative.

So I'm not specifying how each of the powers should be implemented, but I can see how you could come to that conclusion with no specific cllarification. Unfortunately in the 5th Edition, Constant and Continuous aren't clearly defined to show the nuances of thier difference.

2. The range thing. My biggest beef. This hugely favours non-ranged powers in damage shields' date=' like drain, which are probably more effective in any event. Get rid of the rule that you have to take 'no range' for no limitation.[/quote']

What rule? I haven't enforced any rule. I've simply defined a new power that is Standard/No Range/Costs END. All powers must be defined in some manner for comparison and to help define it's group restrictions.

All damage done 'automatically' by a damage shield will be at zero range but if you have a ranged power and the +1/4 advantage 'can be used as an attack' (which replaces 'can do damage to targets with HTH attacks other than grab')' date=' you can attack either in HTH OR at range.[/quote']

What? Where are you getting this idea?

I've never implemented any "Can be used as an attack" Advantage. Please recheck the very first post. This is where all my updates occur as I continue to form the concept of the Damage Shield. I've been posting lists in order to do cost analysis and discuss different variations. Perhamps I am not understanding something. If I'm missing something, please clarify.

If you do buy 'no range' you get a cheaper power. Obviously you can not use a non-ranged at range. Then you get Flame boy covered in flame that damage things he comes into physical contact with AND able to project them at range' date=' all in the one power. This would prevent everyone with an energy sheath having to buy an EC...but they probably would anyway...[/quote']

I don't think I've ever said or implied anywhere that someone can use Damage Shield Power to cause damage at range. Just like with any other power, there will be certain Advantages/Limitations that are not valid or are restricted for use.

I'd be willing to listen to arguments that that' date=' if the above amendments were made, the cost of DS should go up to +3/4 (which would make it +1 if you could use it to attack), but I'm not proposing that at present.[/quote']

Really nothing to argue or debate about. The perceived implementation problems that you've listed don't exist in my definition of the Damage Shield Power. However, you have furthered my thoughts on simplifying the power in another manner that might be a more balanced approach. [see Next Post For Discussion]

Have I understood your points, or am I being 'smart as a brick' again. (8^D)

- Christopher Mullins

Damage Shield: A character with this power will deliver damage to an opponent who attacks and successfully hits the character (HTH). Furthermore, this damage is also delivered when the character attacks and successfully hits an opponent (HTH). The attack itself is considered instant for purposes of combat. A character can only have one Damage Shield (GM permission required for more).

Standard Power/Attack Power

Constant

No Range

Costs Endurance

Cost: 10 Pts/1d6 Normal Damage (Must specify defense ED or PD)

Adders

+10 Pts (Damage Type = Adjustment Damage vs PwrDef)

+10 Pts (Damage Type = Killing Damage vs ED or PhyDef)

+5 Pts (Damage Type = Mental Damage vs MD)

+0 Pts (Damage Type = Cosmetic Transform Damage vs PwrDef)

+5 Pts (Damage Type = Minor Transform Damage vs PwrDef)

+10 Pts (Damage Type = Major Transform Damage vs PwrDef)

+5 Pts (Against Exotic Defense): Change from PhyDef/ED to PwrDef/MD/FD.

-5 Pts (Against Common Defense): Change from PwrDef/MD/FD to PhyDef/ED.

+5 Pts (Touch): Damage is delivered to anyone/anything that touches the character. [Magnifying Glass]

+5 Points (Add STR To Damage): This turns a KA into an HKA acts like HA for Normal Damage. [Magnifying Glass]

Advantages

Reduced Endurance (Half +1/4, Zero +1/2)

Persistent (+1/2)

Limitations

Normal Damage Does Stun Only (-0)

Defensive Only (-1/4): This power only damages an attacker and does no damage when the character attacks others.

More cost analysis:

Constant Power: +1/2

Costs Endurance: -1/2

No Range: -1/2

Adjustment

Aid (10 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Instant/No Range/Costs No Endurance]

Drain (10 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Instant/No Range/Costs Endurance] No Cap

Healing (10 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Instant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Suppress (5 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Constant/Ranged/Costs Endurance] Cumulative

Transfer (15 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Instant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Standard

Dispel (3 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance] All Or Nothing

Energy Blast (5 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Entangle (10 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Flash (5 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Killing Attack HKA (15 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/No Range/Costs Endurance] Adds STR

Killing Attack RKA (15 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Telekinesis (~10 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Transform (5/10/15 Pts/1d6) [standard/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Mental

Ego Attack (10 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Mental Illusions (5 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Mind Control (5 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Mind Scan (5 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Telepathy (5 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Instant/Ranged/Costs Endurance]

Cost Equivalent As Constant, No Range, Costs Endurance Power

Adjustment

Aid (13 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Healing (20 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Suppress (5 Pts/1d6) [Adjustment/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance] Cumulative

Standard

Telekinesis (~7.5 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Transform (7/13/20 Pts/1d6) [standard/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Mental

Mental Illusions (7 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Mind Control (7 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Mind Scan (7 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Telepathy (7 Pts/1d6) [Mental/Constant/No Range/Costs Endurance]

Have I understood your points, or am I being 'smart as a brick' again. (8^D)

- Christopher Mullins

I fear it was my startling lack of clarity...I was commenting on the build in the book, what is wrong with it and how I'd fix it rather than on your new power construction. Hopefully it will make more sense now...

BTW FRED 165 indicates a continuous power is an instant one made constant, and FRED 69 is where I got the stuff about if a Constant Power works against a target, once you hit it, "From then on the target takes damage in every segment in which hte attacker has a phase." Inverted commas stuff is a direct quote. Supress doesn't work that way bnecasue the rules specifically say it doesn't, but eveything else does, which is why the 'continuous' advantage is so very expensive.