Vibora Bay Super team ideas...

ParitySoul

Re: Vibora Bay Super team ideas...

I'm looking forward to Vibora Bay because I'm currently writing a non-CU game that I was planning on basing in Miami. So VB will hopefully give me some inspiration; who knows, I might even end up using it in place of Miami if it's better detailed than Millennium City was.

As for character types I think you can use any type of group within the city. Oddball's New Circle would be a good type of group for the City, though I believe there are already too many mystic types within the city to want to add more. I would just use it for a normal group of heroes with maybe one mystic character and then make everything just a little darker and scarier. You'd see more of Leech, Monster, and Zorran there than you would Lodestone, Grond, and Holocaust.

I've been tinkering up a team concept from the more Mystic World based game. What kind of characters/team would be a good theme to introduce players to this setting? Are you running such a game?

I would love to run one but I can barely get my regular Champions campaign going with all the other games they want to play. This will likley be too much.

But ideas for teams I had were:

• The Awakened, a team of folks who all died on the same exact moment from varying causes throughout the planet. The character would be somehow be resurrected by a mysterious stranger/benefactor and each would have his own powers, PLUS a limitation based on the method of their death. So if a character died in a cave-in they might have claustraphobia, etc.
  • The Iniquities. According to Webster: A wicked act or thing. These would all be characters that were outsiders of some sort (Frankenstein-styled golem, a summoned imp, etc.). They would have to be distinctly non-human.
  • The Nocturnals. I like the setting for Dan Brereton's Nocturnals (available in D20) and considered adapting it.
  • Pantheon. This would be a group of characters with some sort of elemental or "sphere" based effect, brought together to keep the tenuous universal balance in order, the way that pantheons have long before them (Be it the many opposed greek gods, egyptians, God & Satan, etc.).
  • The Pact. This campaign is about the pending end times as a result of a breaking of the pact that has forbidden use of magic to kill in this dimension for thousands of hears. The heroes would be responsible for tracking and bringing in the culprit over the course of the campaign but also stopping the newly awakened magics as they pop up in cities all over the globe. I've decided this one will no longer be superheroic but rather heroic level, with characters starting human but with potential to cast and create spells.

I've been tinkering up a team concept from the more Mystic World based game. What kind of characters/team would be a good theme to introduce players to this setting? Are you running such a game?

I have been posting The New Circle here. They are all 350 point characters so far. I think they'd work fine as a group of new player characters; that's why I've used such low point totals.