GGU Email Server Down... Again

Guest Worldmaker

Guest Worldmaker

Re: GGU Email Server Down... Again

Here's the deal. The server on which the Guardians email was operating has suffered a *physical* breakdown and must be replaced in its entirety. In the meantime, Webhost4Life has moved us to a new server. None of the address or mailing list information survived, and thus we must recreate them. However, the mail.globalguardians.com mail address is once again viable on the new server.

Here's the deal. The server on which the Guardians email was operating has suffered a *physical* breakdown and must be replaced in its entirety. In the meantime' date=' Webhost4Life has moved us to a new server. None of the address or mailing list information survived, and thus we must recreate them. However, the mail.globalguardians.com mail address is once again viable on the new server.[/quote']

Thanks for the update, Jack. Please keep us posted on anything that the players need to do to keep in the loop. Did you already get rid of all the backup Yahoo groups?

Here's the deal. The server on which the Guardians email was operating has suffered a *physical* breakdown and must be replaced in its entirety. In the meantime' date=' Webhost4Life has moved us to a new server. None of the address or mailing list information survived, and thus we must recreate them. However, the mail.globalguardians.com mail address is once again viable on the new server.[/quote']

I tried sending subscription requests to the Admin, Chat, Questions, G3 and Zoptima lists after you posted this. They all bounced.

Guest Worldmaker

I tried sending subscription requests to the Admin' date=' Chat, Questions, G3 and Zoptima lists after you posted this. They all bounced.[/quote']

Give it some time to propagate. Also, I have to recreate all 50 or so GGU mailing lists by hand, so some of them just don't exist yet.

Please be patient.

Give it some time to propagate. Also, I have to recreate all 50 or so GGU mailing lists by hand, so some of them just don't exist yet.

Please be patient.

Ah. I thought when you said that the mail address was viable again that the lists were up. In the immortal words of Emily Litella, "...never mind."

Guest Worldmaker

I tried to mail you to see if you still had an open slot in your game - will send a quick personal mail.

For you I'd be willing to make an opening.

Guest Worldmaker

Okay... right now all we've got are the three big lists (chat@, adminlist@, and gamemasters@).

Remember to resubscribe (or to subscribe in the first place if you are interested and haven't so far), send an email to:

-subscribe@globalguardians.com

Only send one email. I've got it set so that I have to approve the subscriptions by hand, basically because I'm still a little untrustworthy of their automated system.

Guest Worldmaker

Is it possible to add or edit a page on the website to explain this / keep track of outages and such? Yes' date=' I realize this may be ironic if the website & mail lists are hosted by the same folks (can't access either one).[/quote']

Luckily the website and the email service are on different servers.

I will add a mailing list restoration tracker to the Updates page once Becky and I return to Tallahassee. (We're in Orlando until Sunday, and the computer I am posting from has none of the website's files on it.)

The Questions list has been restored, by the way. Those wishing to subscribe should send an email to questions-subscribe@globalguardians.com

Guest WhammeWhamme

Okay... right now all we've got are the three big lists (chat@, adminlist@, and gamemasters@).

Remember to resubscribe (or to subscribe in the first place if you are interested and haven't so far), send an email to:

-subscribe@globalguardians.com

Only send one email. I've got it set so that I have to approve the subscriptions by hand, basically because I'm still a little untrustworthy of their automated system.

I think you meant distrusting there, sir.

Guest Worldmaker

The following additional mailing lists have been restored:

PC Brawl (brawl@globalguardians.com)

PC Fiction (fiction@globalguardians.com)

NPC Development (npcs@globalguardians.com)

The usual subscription format applies.

The following @globalguardians.com email addresses have been restored:

Luis Garavello

Mitzie Bowman

Kara Benson

Rachel Benson

Jack Butler

Rebecca Butler

The following @globalguardians.com email addresses have been restored:

Luis Garavello

Mitzie Bowman

Kara Benson

Rachel Benson

Jack Butler

Rebecca Butler

This means that the Player Liaison is back in business. Any of the GGers who feel they need the services of the liaison can contact me at:

rbenson@globalguardians.com

Anyone interested in the GGU who have questions about us, can send me an e-mail at the same address.

Guest Worldmaker

This means that the Player Liaison is back in business. Any of the GGers who feel they need the services of the liaison can contact me at:

rbenson@globalguardians.com

Anyone interested in the GGU who have questions about us, can send me an e-mail at the same address.

Do you want me to forgo creating the formal Liason address, then?