stun x

steph

in the list of guns in dark champion he have a colunn of stun x for each gun.............when we use the hit location table do we use the factor stun x also......excuse my english i am a french canadian and sometime rule are real jello for me.....

stef the french canadian

Re: stun x

in the list of guns in dark champion he have a colunn of stun x for each gun.............when we use the hit location table do we use the factor stun x also......excuse my english i am a french canadian and sometime rule are real jello for me.....

stef the french canadian

I was under the impression that it was a case of either or. If you are going to use the Hit Location chart, that is what you use. If you don't use the Hit Location chart, you use the listed STUNx. But I could be mistaken. I just recently received DC (still props for the UPS man) and haven't had a chance to look through it in great detail just yet.

As explained in the notes on DC 241, 1d6-1 is the standard STUN Multiplier. If you're using Hit Locations, the Hit Location STUNx would substitute for the standard 1d6-1. If an attack has Increased STUN Multiplier (listed as 1d6, 1d6+1, and so on, again as explained on DC 241), that adds to the STUNx, as explained on 5E 124.

ok let see if i understand ( i am sure is not your explication it my english understanding).......if i shot in the head with a gun and this gun have a stunx of 1d6 and i roll 3 my stun multiplier ( if i use the hit location) gonna be 8 that correct?

stef the french canadian

excuse my english again

Nope here is how it is computed...Lets say you are using the Desert Eagle .50 from page 243 of DC. You score a hit on location 3 (head shot). Damage is 2D6+1, so for this example lets say you roll 8 body. This gun has a listed stunx of 1d6 which indicates that it has a +1 stun mod (base is always 1d6-1). So to compute stun we use the x5 stun mulitplier for the location plus the +1 stun mod for a total stun multiplier of x6, which gives a damage total on this shot as 8 body and 48 stun. Finally subtract the targets appropriate defenses. Hope this helps...

I think the x2 for the head you are seeing is the normal attack modifier, there is a column for killing attack stun and normal attack stun. The head is x5 stun (replaces the die roll) for KA and x2 for normal stun and for body of KA and normal attacks.

We made the same mistake of using both when FH introduced hit locations way back when ever that was (1984?).

...but if you were just adding the STUN Mods together like Steph, you weren't quite as retarded as we were. We multiplied them in sequence. (In my defense, I was like 13 years old and had owned the rules for about an hour or two at that point.) I think I remember knocking out a dinosaur or an elephant or something with a pistol when we were giving the combat rules a trial run.

...but if you were just adding the STUN Mods together like Steph' date=' you weren't quite as retarded as we were. We multiplied them in sequence. (In my defense, I was like 13 years old and had owned the rules for about an hour or two at that point.) I think I remember knocking out a dinosaur or an elephant or something with a pistol when we were giving the combat rules a trial run.[/quote']

It was along time ago but I think we did something pretty out there like x5 for the head and then x2 (so x10), we might have even included the die roll for stun as well, anyway we figured out pretty fast that we were doing things wrong, like the first time one of the PC's got hit and was out cold until next month (of course none of us said anything when we were taking out all the monsters with one hit :) ).