Looking for Gambit

Kaladur

Hi, again

I know I ask for a lot of help …But here we go

I ‘m about to start playing in a X-Men Marvel Champions game and I’ve decided to play Gambit .

I have been looking for good Ideas on how I should write him up.(Website the whole 9 yards). And no where can I find even one write up on Gambit .

So if there is anyone out there that has ANY Idea how he should be done Please Post.

Again thank you Hero’s community

Kaladur

Re: Looking for Gambit

Originally posted by Kaladur

I have been looking for good Ideas on how I should write him up.(Website the whole 9 yards). And no where can I find even one write up on Gambit .

Here's a 250-point version, just ripe for updating to Hero 5E:

http://mathew.fcpages.com/csgambit.html

Odd, I checked the Great Net Book of Real Heroes (http://www.sysabend.org/champions/gnborh/index.html) and there are no versions of him there.

HTH

Originally posted by Tom McCarthy

That's a good writeup for Gambit, but the range on the energy blast attacks seems high. Perhaps Range Based On STR would be an appropriate limitation.

I dunno. How strong to you have to be to throw playing cards a long distance? I'd be more interested in a range based on DEX :-) Them suckers is hard to throw straight.

The problem with throwing playing cards isn't the mass, it's the shape and weight distribution. They tend to go very wild, very fast. You can, however, make them throw further by weighting one end.

Having said that, IMO Gambit's power is primarily three separate effects:

1> Energy Blast with an "object of opportunity" limitation and possibly a "ultimate damage limited to mass" limit

2> Energy Blast with a "Trigger", to allow for the 'land mine' effects

3> And Aid to other Energy Based powers (we've seen him do this with Bishop, for example)

Re: Re: Looking for Gambit

Originally posted by Bill_CCHKK

Here's a 250-point version, just ripe for updating to Hero 5E:

http://mathew.fcpages.com/csgambit.html

HTH

Mathew and I have different points of view when it comes to converting X-Men. He maintained the 250 point limit and did a great job, but I wanted my versions to be more . . . complete.

If you'd like, take a look at a more rounded Gambit

For other X-Men visit The Wild Hunt's Uncanny X-Men

Originally posted by Bill_CCHKK

I dunno. How strong to you have to be to throw playing cards a long distance? I'd be more interested in a range based on DEX :-) Them suckers is hard to throw straight.

I saw a thing on TV. There is a guy that can throw ordinary playing cards the length of a football field. No reason to limit a super's throwing distance.

Originally posted by Blue Angel

I saw a thing on TV. There is a guy that can throw ordinary playing cards the length of a football field. No reason to limit a super's throwing distance.

Thowing playing cards great distances isn't based on strength. It's based on skill. Gambit has been at it long enough that he doesn't have a skill roll anymore, his chance of failure is too low. So the card always goes where he wants it to. 'Course, that doesn't mean that the target is there when the card arrives.

Doc