Campaipn Flavor Idea: "The Discovery Channel's Hero Metal Mondays"

proditor

Admittedly 18 hours of American Chopper have influenced this, but man, that show is riveting! So, in a world of Supers, what do you guys think about this for a little additional Flavor...The Discovery Channel does a show about the guys who custom build Hero vehicles. Maybe it's a new Bike for Nighthawk, maybe it's an interview with the guys at Lockheed Martin who just made a new Helicopter for PRIMUS. Possibly a special called "When UNTIL goes to war." Highlighting the hi-tech toys and vehicles and mentioning their histories? Considering that we have specials about the latest in real world military tech (They just have certain things that are absolutely not allowed to be filmed, like the F-22's cockpit) I think this could make an interesting minor flavor addition to a standard Champions game. Now admittedly, I pictured the Teutul's in my head....

Senior: We were honored that PRIMUS came to us to design their new bikes. We haven't done a lotta work with Radar Absorbent Material before, but I knew with guys like Rick and Vinnie, we could pull it out. I shoulda known that Paulie would drag it out and that really gripes my ass.

Paulie: What my Dad never understands is that this ain't the metalwork he started on 30 years ago. These composites and blends require a lot of work and all of that takes time. I mean, we designed and manufactured the Jet bike in 2 weeks and that was with normal sheet metal and no worries about a radar signature. Hell, we had to send Mikey back to school just to figure out that math on some of the designs. Not that that was such a hot idea.

*Cut to a picture of Mikey looking at a calculator like he's expecting it to start speaking*

Re: Campaipn Flavor Idea: "The Discovery Channel's Hero Metal Mondays"

Admittedly 18 hours of American Chopper have influenced this, but man, that show is riveting! So, in a world of Supers, what do you guys think about this for a little additional Flavor...The Discovery Channel does a show about the guys who custom build Hero vehicles. Maybe it's a new Bike for Nighthawk, maybe it's an interview with the guys at Lockheed Martin who just made a new Helicopter for PRIMUS. Possibly a special called "When UNTIL goes to war." Highlighting the hi-tech toys and vehicles and mentioning their histories? Considering that we have specials about the latest in real world military tech (They just have certain things that are absolutely not allowed to be filmed, like the F-22's cockpit) I think this could make an interesting minor flavor addition to a standard Champions game. Now admittedly, I pictured the Teutul's in my head....

Senior: We were honored that PRIMUS came to us to design their new bikes. We haven't done a lotta work with Radar Absorbent Material before, but I knew with guys like Rick and Vinnie, we could pull it out. I shoulda known that Paulie would drag it out and that really gripes my ass.

Paulie: What my Dad never understands is that this ain't the metalwork he started on 30 years ago. These composites and blends require a lot of work and all of that takes time. I mean, we designed and manufactured the Jet bike in 2 weeks and that was with normal sheet metal and no worries about a radar signature. Hell, we had to send Mikey back to school just to figure out that math on some of the designs. Not that that was such a hot idea.

*Cut to a picture of Mikey looking at a calculator like he's expecting it to start speaking*

Does that mean that Nighthawk will be doing a guest appearance on the Tonite Show to unveil it to the world of villans that are watching....

But then I all I see is some merc with "Find Weakness" watching how they weld it all together...and taking one lone shot and watching as Nitechicken burns up on the evening news...courtesy of the Teutels...

PS: I love the show....its worse than coffee or cigarettes...so damn addicting

Great idea, Proditor! :thumbup:

Next on the History Channel: Great Super Battles!

But then all I see is some merc with "Find Weakness" watching how they weld it all together...and taking one lone shot and watching as Nitechicken burns up on the evening news...courtesy of the Teutels...
Somehow, I don't see where watching it being put together would actually reveal anything significant about a motorbike. A base, or maybe a car or a jet, but a motorcycle?

Somehow, I don't see where watching it being put together would actually reveal anything significant about a motorbike. A base, or maybe a car or a jet, but a motorcycle?

You'd know where the various parts are, where sensitive systems come close to the surface, how various bits are attached, etc. A technologically adept villain might well be able to take advantage of that knowledge when attacking the bike.

You'd know where the various parts are' date=' where sensitive systems come close to the surface, how various bits are attached, etc. A technologically adept villain might well be able to take advantage of that knowledge when attacking the bike.[/quote']It's a motorcycle, its working parts already right out in the open. "Wow! The oil tank is... where it normally is!" I know that's an exaggeration, but the principle remains. On a motorcycle, there seems little for such a show to reveal that's not obvious to anyone competent to interpret it.

It's a motorcycle, its working parts already right out in the open. "Wow! The oil tank is... where it normally is!" I know that's an exaggeration, but the principle remains. On a motorcycle, there seems little for such a show to reveal that's not obvious to anyone competent to interpret it.

Not all motorcycles are that wide open, and especially on the custom bikes things aren't always where or what they appear to be.

The original post positted a stealth bike, and such a machine would definately need enclosed panels on the side.

I just don't want to see the 'queer eye' crew take on superheroes...

The Amazing Tiger Man: "I dunno, I mean, I just want people to respect me. But when I leap into battle, half the innocent folks seem scared of ME while others point and laugh! I feel...I feel BAD!" (looks at the floor pensively)

The Queer Eye guys set about teaching Amazing Tiger Man proper grooming habits, taking him to an animal groomer, getting his teeth de-yellowed, giving him better poise, and they even bring in Siegfried and Roy who teach him to growl properly!

(Queer Eye guys, Aid to PRE and COM, slow Fade Rate (variable, depending upon target, slow fade rate gives them time to pay points), and Cramming UBO (and if they Cram successfully, the GM allows the target to buy the KSes!))

PS - at the end of the show a revitalized, shiny, well-groomed, good-toothed, and confident Amazing Tiger Man jumps into combat and the bystanders say "Ohhh!" and "Ahhh!" pointing approvingly at the new and improved ATM! :D

(I name a lot of NPCs Amazing... )

Not all motorcycles are that wide open, and especially on the custom bikes things aren't always where or what they appear to be.

The original post positted a stealth bike, and such a machine would definately need enclosed panels on the side.

True... on the other side, such a machine wouldn't be featured on such a show to begin with.

True... on the other side' date=' such a machine wouldn't be featured on such a show to begin with.[/quote']

Yeah, I'd see it more as the way they show the F-22. We might get to see some of the construction, maybe the frame and the tires, but a lot of it would be "filler" type stuff that they do on most of those shows. History of previous vehicles, the reason they need the new one, etc. Then the reveal, and some shots of it being cool.

The Teutuls bit was mostly for fun, though on some levels I could definitely see them making bikes for supers, just not ones they use in combat. ;)