brainstorming ideas: Cosmic Speedster

JmOz

Okay, I have been for the last few days trying to come up with ideas for a cosmic level Speedster. Point totals are 450 +200.

The name I have settled on is Blur, so I figure a ferw levels in DCV is a must (Probably with cost end to activate or something). I am leaning towards female, and probably flight based. Dex and speed I have at 45/10. I will probably use my version of Speed Fu as well...Otherwise what ideas can you all come up with that I can steal mercilessly?

Re: brainstorming ideas: Cosmic Speedster

If your GM doesn't object, a Speed Tricks VPP isn't a bad idea. OTOH, that still leaves a need for tricks.

Lets see:

1. HA +xd6, Autofire xN, Reduced Penetration, maybe +OCV ( an unending hail of fists )

1b. Alternatively, you could do it as a Penetrating HA, representing the leak through of damage, though I wouldn't advise it

2. Change Environment 1", -X to OCV, X being as big as possible ( effortless dodging, with the added bonus of working against area attacks too )

3. Minor Transform Xd6, variable effect ( speed tricks like fast assembly, disarms, stuff like that )

4. Area Effect on STR ( attacking groups with punches, catching multiple items, etc )

Human Generator Aid Endurance Reserve, Electric Batteries Only, OAF (magnet and copper wire)

Mirror Image Images, Self only (Character moves quickly back and forth from one spot to another, spending only enough time in the second spot to create an illusion of permanence.)

Speed Talk Mind Link, usable with other Speedsters who speak a common language, LOS only (Character can speak so fast that most people only hear a high pitched squeal, but other speedsters can understand it normally.)

Quick Study +X with all KS, OAF Immobile (Library) (Character can read up on any subject with which he is familiar and digest the information quickly to come to a conclusion.)

Here's a few

Stretching defined as moving so fast your opponent doesn't see you move. Take a few limitations on it to represent the fact that you can't stretch over spaces you couldn't reach running and make it an instant power. If you buy area effect or rapid fire str you could even hit multiple opponents at distance while seemingly standing still.

Extra Limbs bought constant and restrainable to represent moving so fast you are effectivly multiplying the use of your appendages such as grabbing someone, running over and punching someone else (using stretching above),and moving back to the grabbed position so fast no one has a clue.

Or if you don't want to go the stretching route this would still let you attack someone in an adjacent hex while maintaning a grab or allow you to do speed tricks like keeping ten grenades from hitting the ground by juggling them with your superspeed and pressing multiple buttons in one action.

Finally... Buying a +DEX characterestic with a no figured characteristics and an additional limitation so that it only applies to CV say at -1/4 since CV is the most often used aspect of dex in most combat heavy games. An expensive power but a good representation of a speedster moving so fast he can hit you in a blink of an eye or dodge your attacks with ease without gaining other benefits of high dex such as being super agile like spiderman.

If your GM will let you go the VPP route IMHO. I played around with a few builds using ECCs and Multipowers but the VPP seems to work best for speed tricks.