Question about CE

JmOz

Re: Question about CE

Psi Storm: Essentialy the character is able to send out so much Psi energy that it is hard for other mentalists to focus
Very clever. I'd allow that without any qualms. Since I have a Japanese supervillainess mentalist with a Megascaled AoE "Darkness vs. Mental Senses" there is even a reasonable precedent. It blacks out an area to mental senses nearly the size of Ohio.

I'll have to suggest that one to Mentor for use by his VPP-equipped mentalist, Prodigy. :eg:

There's no reason why a CE or some other environmental condition (albeit an unusual one) couldn't have an effect on mental abilities. I've done things like this before in campaigns: An "evil" area where there is intense "psychic residue" from the horrible acts which took place there. Sensitives are nearly deafened by the lasting psychic impressions on the victims. This can be very distracting to the use of mental powers.

Very clever. I'd allow that without any qualms. Since I have a Japanese supervillainess mentalist with a Megascaled AoE "Darkness vs. Mental Senses" there is even a reasonable precedent. It blacks out an area to mental senses nearly the size of Ohio.

I'll have to suggest that one to Mentor for use by his VPP-equipped mentalist, Prodigy. :eg:

Interesting. Mental powers seems kind of overcosted, all things considered. But people seem to keep coming up with some neat uses. The JLA villain Proetheus used somethign similar to keep Kyle from concentrating hard enough to use his ring; he called it "neural chaff".

Interesting. Mental powers seems kind of overcosted' date=' all things considered. But people seem to keep coming up with some neat uses. The JLA villain Proetheus used somethign similar to keep Kyle from concentrating hard enough to use his ring; he called it "neural chaff".[/quote']The Darkness vs. Mental Senses of course only blocks Mind Scan and Mental Awareness, but it doesn't stop Line of Sight use of mental powers. It's a Continuous Uncontrolled effect as well and lasts about an hour; easily long enough for the villain team Force Ten to go about their latest caper without Prodigy tracking them with Mind Scan and dropping MidGuard on them.