Queer Eye for the Superhero Guy

Mutant for Hire

Re: Queer Eye for the Superhero Guy

Its weird that you should mention the whole perils of capedom. Ever since i read Alan Moores now classic The Watchmen I have never had a character with a cape since.

Alan Moore goes into some detail about costume design and one of the characters mentioned was Dollar Bill, he wore a cloak and while trying to stop a bank robbery got his cape tangled in the revolving door, the robbers shot him :(

My vote for a makeover would be Billy Batson/Shazam That gold cumberbund he wears around his beer belly whats that all about?

Thais depends on the superhero subgenre you like. In a game I GM, I would never penalize a character for using a cape- I presune they are "perfectly" profocient with using their own costumes. And remember, Dollar Bill didn't want a cape- a marketing exec designed his costume!

Thais depends on the superhero subgenre you like. In a game I GM' date=' I would never penalize a character for using a cape- I presune they are "perfectly" profocient with using their own costumes. And remember, Dollar Bill didn't want a cape- a marketing exec designed his costume![/quote']

Yeah, but the end results the same, another dead president!

The thing about supercostumes it that they are super. They don't wrinkle, rarely tear and never never ride up. when was the last time you saw a crease on the but of some hero? They also don't get wet, or if they do, they don't cling. Supercostumes are really really cool things. The only problem is that they only come in these garish colors and styles that were rejected by the '70s.

In a recent spiderman, he helps out a tailor who specializes in the repair of super-suits, for both heroes and villians. In gratitude, he offers spiderman a really nice suit, with this cool leather jacket. He didn't take it, but I kind of wish he had.

I liked the "Steel Spider" outfit he wore for one of the giant sized issues back in the early 90's. Very cool looking.

I'd say the dumbest outfit is the one Hawkeye wore. Some guy's just can't wear letters on their foreheads like Cap can. Ultimate Hawkeye is much cooler looking, but I guess it doesn't really qualify as a super suit.

In a recent spiderman, he helps out a tailor who specializes in the repair of super-suits, for both heroes and villians. In gratitude, he offers spiderman a really nice suit, with this cool leather jacket. He didn't take it, but I kind of wish he had.

I liked the "Steel Spider" outfit he wore for one of the giant sized issues back in the early 90's. Very cool looking.

I'd say the dumbest outfit is the one Hawkeye wore. Some guy's just can't wear letters on their foreheads like Cap can. Ultimate Hawkeye is much cooler looking, but I guess it doesn't really qualify as a super suit.

There was another story a couple of issues before that one the Spider Man went forward in time and met an older version of himself how was wearing the aforementioned costume.

BTW, isn't it Spidey's usual luck that the one superhero who gets his costume so tore up so much of the time is the only one who years later finally finds a tailor that everyone else in the Marvel Universe knew about?

Poor Spidey. :weep::weep: