Drugs YAY Drugs

nightbringer256

in my game i plan on having a nasty drug hit the streets.

it give people a minor power and drives them insane.

i was thinking of something like this.

Transform 15d6 (you get one point for stun you roll I.E. a roll of 5 = 5 points)

1 charge lasting 1 hour usable only once. Linked Transform 4d6 Normal human into human with disad, addicted to drug, (12 body).

i don't know how to do the insanity part, i think i will just use a plot device. let me know what you think of my write up, also i need a name for the drug. *sigh* i am not veery good at coming up with names.

Re: Drugs YAY Drugs

I have a similar drug in my campaign called "kick", although it confers Enraged and Substance Dependance instead of a Psych Lim. I didn't even bother writing up the drug at the level of detail that you did, just a note that it adds 20 points in Powers and confers the two Disads. (The Enraged: Combat kicks in right away and the Substance Dependance kicks in after three uses.)

If you don't like "kick", how about "boost" or "hype"?

15d6 Transformation (Human Into SuperHuman)

[1 charge not recoverable -2 1/2, Side Effect: Enraged 14/8-, Phy Lim: Mentally Unstable; -1/4, Addictive -1/4, IIF(Fragile) -1/2]

Addictive is an old Disadvantages found in the 3rd CyberPunk Book

Active Cost: 150 , Real Cost: 33

I believe also the cost to buy based on the RC is 1,650 Euro

Body heals against the drug however so long as the drug is in there system they suffer from being unable to understand whats around them and become angery at the drop of a hat.

I had a group called the Cartel that had a team of super-powered druggies (powerful, but not terribly reliable) backed up by normal guys w/guns.

The drug itself came in brightly-colored pills, and occaisionally gave people superpowers of varying levels. As a side effect, it also tended to turn people bright colors (especially hair & eyes), earning itself the street name "Crayola". The org was working towards a specific goal, but the campaigns tended to end before players got that deep into it. :straight:

The Cartel's supers:

"Speed" - speedster

"Ice" - Ice powers

"Juice" - electrical

"Dr.Feelgood" - mentalist

"Overdose" - growth

"Downer" - drains

I decided to have "hype" come in diffrent "flavors"

the flavors are: red, green, blue, white, black, orange, and light blue

they each have the following effects

red: +30 STR, +10 PD, +10 ED

green: +10 DEX, +2 SPD

blue: 10d6 EB uncontrolable

White: 5d6 Ego Blast uncontrolable

Black: 10 levels of density increase; 4d6KA side effect

Orange: 130 point Pyro type villian no side effects

Light BLue: 130 Point Ice/Water villian no side effects

all the flavors have the following side effects except where noted:

Enraged 14/8-; Phy Lim: mentally unstable, addictive

the drugs will not all hit the street at the same time first it will be just red and green, then after about 3-4 sessions blue and white will hit the streets then black 2-3 sessions later. orange and light blue will be made 4-5 sessions later

only one dose of each will be made. all the effects of the drugs last for an hour except orange and light blue those two are perminant. black is a failed experiment (thus the 4d6 KA side effect).

i am open to suggeutions about the drugs or any idea you have for a diffrent drug. please give me your feed back

nightbringer256

i finished my fame last friday and my players had a blast hunting down the druggies and such. however i realised that i didn't have a mafiaish organization set up to distribute the drugs. i know that tempast (techie weather control) and his brother backlash (pyromancer) are behind it. but i need a more detailed outline of the organization. anyone feel like throughing me a bone?

ty

You'll need someone to manufacture it and someone to distribute it. It can be the same entity, but it doesn't have to be. In my campaign, the new Purple Gang (see the Millennium City Source Book) is behind the distribution of Kick. I haven't made up my mind yet who manufactures it; the players haven't gotten nearly far enough along in that plotline for me to have to make a determination.

Distributors could be traditional organized crime (la casa nostro), an organized gang (bloods, crips, etc.), a Jamaican posse, the triads, the tongs, motorcycle gangs, Russian mafia or something even more esoteric. It depends on the tone of your campaign and what makes sense for your masterminds, Tempest and Backlash.