Dark Sapphire

Super Squirrel

A little background here. About four months ago, the Champions took on Mechanon on the same night the Millennium Force took on some major VIPER activity. During the battle with Mechanon, Sapphire was badly hurt and slipped into a coma.

Fast forward to two weeks ago. Menton has been making regular visits to the hospital and easily bypassing security to preform Psychic Surgery on Sapphire. At the start of my next game, the mostly mentally reshapped Sapphire awakens from a coma when she senses in her mind a power of similar nature to her own.

This entity realizes what he has and makes good use of it, instilling her with some of his own, very unstable energy.

Dark Sapphire

Player: GM

Val Char Cost
16 STR 6
23 DEX 39
23 CON 26
10 BODY 0
12 INT 2
14 EGO 8
25 PRE 15
20 COM 5
9/31 PD 6
12/34 ED 7
6 SPD 27
9 REC 2
60 END 7
35 STUN 5
6" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 155

Cost Power END
75 Dark Sapphire Energy Powers: Multipower, 75-point reserve
7u 1) Power Bolt I: EB 15d6 (75 Active Points) 7
7u 2) Power Bolt II: EB 10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points) 0
7u 3) Sapphire Bolt: Sight Group Flash 15d6 (75 Active Points) 7
7u 4) Combination Bolt: (Total: 75 Active Cost, 67 Real Cost) EB 10d6 (Real Cost: 50) plus Sight Group Flash 5d6 (25 Active Points); Linked (EB; -1/2) (Real Cost: 17) 7
7u 5) Stun Bolt: EB 7d6, NND (defense is ED FF; +1) (70 Active Points) 7
66 Force Shield: FF (22 PD/22 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (66 Active Points) 0
48 Power-Riding: Flight 16", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (48 Active Points) 0
75 Power Surges: EB 5d6, Damage Shield (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1) (75 Active Points) 0
Powers Cost: 299

Cost Skill
3 Conversation 14-
3 High Society 14-
2 Language: English (fluent conversation)
3 PS: Singer 14-
3 PS: Singing 14-
3 Seduction 14-
3 Teamwork 14-
1 TF: V-Jet
Skills Cost: 21

Cost Perk
5 Money: Well Off
Perks Cost: 5

Total Character Cost: 480

Val Disadvantages
10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
15 Enraged: Her Master is Threatened (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-
25 Hunted: Mechanon 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)
25 Hunted: VIPER 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)
20 Psychological Limitation: Blood Lust (Common, Total)
20 Psychological Limitation: Show Off (Very Common, Strong)
15 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Frequently, Major)
10 Susceptibility: Hard Radiation, 1d6 damage per Turn (Uncommon)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Light-Based attacks (Uncommon)
75 Dark Sapphire Power Boost

Disadvantage Points: 225

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 55

Total Experience Available: 50

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: Dark Sapphire

SS Where is the EC on the other Energy abilities? It should fit in there somewhere despite the whole 'drain one-drain them all' limitation.

I strive to build the NPCs just like I build PCs that way the points mean something. Dark Sapphire is really no better than a less points version that used an EC to reduce the points. It means that the extra points were well worthless and the power boost was negliable if anything.

That said the storyline sounded fascinating.

Hawksmoor

That and half that post was Greek to me, anyway. ^ v ^

So are some of our characters still pulling guard duty for Sapphire while she's in the hospital, or did you figure that, since we hadn't mentioned it, it wasn't going on anymore? Or is this guy slipping in when we're not there? Or is he able to get past us without any problems?

Just curious.

Remember' date='Menton IS supposed to be "the world's most powerful psychic".If anybody could bypass security,it would be Menton.[/quote']

You haven't seen my writeups for The Brain (a series of disembodied brains in an alchemical liquid atached to a golem body) and The Great Eye (a giant, extra-dimentinal eye) over in The New Circle thread, have you? The Brain could do many of the things Menton can, and then some, while The Great Eye has the raw mind control power, just the problem that it is not to subtell about things, and the fact that the control can be driven out via other mental powers via Physical Manification limitation.

Still, Menton is the most powerful Mutant (human) Mentlist published by Hero right now.

I pretty much ramped up everything from Sapphire in Champions book and added a Damage Shield to represent her lack of control over the energy. I was looking for more of a quick fix than a good fix.

If you're wanting the Damage Shield to represent a lack of control, my suggestion woud be to give it the advantage Trigger (once she's been hit with a physical attack) along with a -1 1/4 Side Effects limitation that she randomly loses the ability to use one of her 75 point powers from the multipower. (Maybe even combine it with the Force Field, you roll a 1d6 and if it comes up 1-5, then it is that slot in the MP, if it is a 6 the FF is gone for that phase. Either that or a 6 means no power is lost.)

For character concept, if the Damage Shield is a sign of lack of control, there should be something that affects her, instead of something that only affects the PCs. At least, that's how I see it.

I almost missed this.

I'm thinking I'm not going to change the character sheet only because I already printed off a copy. I'll probably do something similar though. Whenever it is activated, I'll drop her Multipower to 60 Active Points. The main reason that is in there is because I have a speedster who likes to grab people and swing them like clubs. I suppose I could just make a very simple remake.

I'll think about that.