Champions at a higher point cost

red_eagle123

I was searching through the archives and came across a thread talking about how the Champions suck at their current level. So I got curious, how would anyone increase the Champions to make them more of a super-star team?

So here's a challenge, update the Champions. Say to 600-650 points each. Go ahead, I dares ya!

Re: Champions at a higher point cost

I'm kind of hoping that the Champions Universe update that's on the publishing schedule for 2006 will give us more experienced versions of the Champions superteam.

Unfortunately for the fate of this thread, there's a limit to how detailed we can get with our own ideas. I'm sure Hero Games would frown on us actually putting character sheets for their copyrighted characters on a public forum. :(

Guest WhammeWhamme

I fear this will end badly.

Hey! No fair saying that on EVERY thread!

They don't need more points, they need tighter builds. You could fairly easily add 150 points to them without actually addressing the whole 'no defenses, no stun, no good stuff' problem.

Defender: see Defender 3K. Basically, beef up the armor, add more senses and life support, broadened skill set.

Ironclad: . . . difficult. Martial arts, perhaps some brick tricks, a smattering of appropriate skills.

Nighthawk: Convert the belt to a VPP of gadgets, more maneuvers, more talents and skills.

Sapphire: better CVs, more slots, bigger reserve.

Witchcraft: fold together the main multipower and VPP into one big semi-cosmic VPP. Add more exotic defenses and senses, and a longer skill list, plus maybe a familiar.

Guest Champsguy

They all need higher defenses, more Con and more Stun. Witchcraft needs a real attack. They need movement powers, too. Basically, as a team, they should be able to hang with Dr Destroyer in combat.

They all need higher defenses' date=' more Con and more Stun. Witchcraft needs a real attack. They need movement powers, too. Basically, as a team, they should be able to hang with Dr Destroyer in combat.[/quote']

Problem: that'd more or less require so many additional points and additions so as to make the characters nigh-unrecognizable ( some of them, anyway ).

The problem with amping low level characters, is that not all character concepts are equally scalable.

I was searching through the archives and came across a thread talking about how the Champions suck at their current level. So I got curious, how would anyone increase the Champions to make them more of a super-star team?

So here's a challenge, update the Champions. Say to 600-650 points each. Go ahead, I dares ya!

Unless they've changed the rules, this violates one of the board policies. Otherwise I'd have long ago posted my NeoChampion Universe team (Defender, Ironclad, Sapphire, Solitaire, KnightSeeker, and Jaguar), corrected and boosted to the 550-650 point range.