4th Ed Bestiary Golems

Captain Obvious

Re: 4th Ed Bestiary Golems

Golems are fairly easy in 5th.

60 Golem Body: Does not Bleed, Takes No Stun

50 Golem Body: Full Life Support

You then buy it's Personal END to 0 and buy something like

22 Animation Energy: 20 REC, 20 END

The base golems have the following for 1 point.

20 STR 10

10 CON 0

10 DEX 0

5 INT -5

0 EGO -10

15 PRE 5

8 COM -1

4 PD 0

4 ED 2

3 SPD 10

6 REC 0

0 END -10

-- STUN --

And, just sort of go from there.

Don't forget skills, most commonly:

2 WF: Common Melee Weapon

2 Language

Slap on some Defenses, mainly Armor and Damage Reduction

Don't forget to customize your Golem with its own personal Disadvantages and Powers.

Oh yeah, golems ain't hard, and I do have the 5th Ed Bestiary, but there are some in the 4th Ed Bestiary that didn't show up in 5th, and like I said, I'd be happy to steal from someone else if they've already done the work.

If I don't get any takers by this weekend, I may do it myself, and then post them here.

Ok, here's one.

Cloth Golem (also known as the Giant Stuffed Doll Golem)

10 STR 0

8 DEX -6

10 CON 0

8 BODY -4

5 INT -5

0 EGO -10

10 PRE 0

8 COM -1

3 PD 3

3 ED 3

2 SPD 2

4 REC 0

0 END -10

-- STUN --

Cost: -28

3 LS: Does not Eat

5 Regeneration: 1 BODY/Turn, Must sew on replacement fabric and stuffing (-1)

15 Golem Body: Does not Bleed

11 Animation Energy: 10 REC, 10 END

2 PS: Sewing 11-

2 Language: Native

Disadvantages

20 x2 BODY from Fire (Common)

15 Physical Limitation: Stuffing for brains

Description: This is the cheapest golem ever designed for the struggling mage. Looking like a giant stuffed doll or a scarecrow. They aren't designed to do much, and require nearly constant repair. However, they are easy to make.

BTW, slightly off topic...

There are a number of unusual Golems in the book Iron Council which might be of interest. I'll get around to putting them into New Crobuzon Hero one day ;-p

Sound Golem - used by the Stiltspear to trap/paralyze large prey while hunting in the swamps.

Shadow Golem - used by Judah Low

Light Golem - used by Judah Low

Time Golem - used by Judah Low create a stasis bubble.

And also the interesting Golem Traps - a series of theurmaturgic and chymical batteries linked to a mechanism and a tripwire of some sort.

When they are triggered, they animate anything nearby to attack the target (for a brief period of time)

It's the nature of the rules for golem creation in the Bas-Lag world - which is fairly high magic. The imparting of animus into inanimate things. Judah was the greatest Sonomancer of his age and branched out into animating abstracts. Most normal Sonomancers preferred puppets - Golems with actual structure and joints are easier to maintain and last longer.

There was even a "Robot Wars" equivalent, that Judah started amongst the university students, where they pitted specially construced combat Golems against each other.

I am very slowly converting the 4th Edition Bestiary into 5th Edition. At the same time, I'm converting to 5th Edition other systems' creatures that I had previously converted to 4th Edition.

I'm actually up to the Gs, but am still working on Giants and haven't made it to the Golems yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I've converted the special golem types in the 4th edition Hero Bestiary, but I won't post them due to copyright; same reason I haven't posted the special Elemental types. They're pretty easy to do, the powers they had can be transferred easily. In some cases, there are more elegant/interesting ways to do them in 5th.