Can't decide what to get next

nightbringer256

hi all,

i am a gm. my game takes place in gold city (hollywood). i am going to buy a new book, however i can't decide what to get. here is what i have so far:

Hero system 5th ed rule book

Conquers, killers, and crooks

Alliances

Bright Future

Day of the Destroyer

PRIMUS

the island of Dr. Destroyer

UMA

unkown eagles

Widows and Orphans

Fantasy hero companion

the ultimate mentalist

thas what i have, now what should i get next? i really like CKC, cause i am not so good at writin gup villians, so another book like that would help, but i am open to all sugestions

thanks,

night

Re: Can't decide what to get next

If you're looking for books with more villains then I'd recommend either Sharper than a serpent's tooth [a whole new villain group/criminal organization] or Arcane Adversaries [some 40 mystic villains]. VIPER also has several new villains [or rewrites of 4E villains] as well as details on the organization. My favorite book is DEMON but it doesn't contain very many villains.

If you need villains, then I'd grab Arcane Adversaries or VIPER. Both have plenty of writeups For adventures, I'd give Champions Battlegrounds a slight edge over Serpent's Tooth.

Rob

As an adventure I would probably give CB the edge over STAST but CB has only 1 villain write up where as STAST has 6 and a whole new criminal organization. From a campaign usability stand point STAST has more potential that CB because COIL can be used over and over as a mini-VIPER. CB is good for 5-6 sessions [the same 5-6 it would take to play out the STAST adventure] and then done.

As an adventure I would probably give CB the edge over STAST but CB has only 1 villain write up where as STAST has 6 and a whole new criminal organization. From a campaign usability stand point STAST has more potential that CB because COIL can be used over and over as a mini-VIPER. CB is good for 5-6 sessions [the same 5-6 it would take to play out the STAST adventure] and then done.

In theory done. The repercussions from CB are still being felt in my campaign and will be felt for some time. Same could be said of Serpent's Tooth as well. I just felt Champions Battlegrounds was more "fun".

Rob

Champions Battlegrounds is also great fun, good for 5-10 sessions, especially if you're good at working in campaign-specific side stories.

John T

Why only 5-10? The locales are great. Reuse them. Have the players return to those places over and over.

Why only 5-10? The locales are great. Reuse them. Have the players return to those places over and over.

5-10 specifically connected to the events in CB, or more if you or your players are "take the ball and run with it" types.

The locations are infinitely reuseable, unless you nuke one. ;)

John T

You might also consider the UNTIL Superpowers Database. A huge bunch o' prebuilt Powers for just about any SFX you can think of, already costed, with numerous variations statted out. Great for generating character concepts, very helpful for fast PC or NPC construction, and a boon to players who just want to pick-and-play rather than build everything from scratch.

Here is the description of the book. If you follow the link on that page to the Online USPD you'll see the sort of info that the book itself contains.