Somebody PLEASE build me a wombat!

Haven Walkur

Hello, all:

I'm an inveterate Champions player, but like the Owl-lady, I'm often baffled by the Hero system's jungle of rules...and I certainly couldn't build a character by myself (without adult supervision). But I've GOT to know what kind of a character someone called Combat Wombat would be....

Yes, I've just read the multi-post saga about Super Squirrel's problems with a particular player; a player referred to--by Hugh Neilson--as "Combat Wombat." OMG! I LOVE it!

So...using the FREd rules and 250 points (plus up to 100 points in Disads, if you're desperate), please, somebody build the character of:

Combat Wombat,

the Marsupial Marvel,

that burly burrowing Wonder From Down Under!

I was thinking about someone along the lines of Captain Carrot and the Amazing Zoo Crew, but I'm not wedded to the idea. And FYI, a wombat is a lot like a American badger, but without the stripes and the attitude.

Re: Somebody PLEASE build me a wombat!

The odd places my mind goes. The odd people I used to game with.

Back when I was still young and seemly-looking and my hair was more brown than gray, I had a guy named Steve join my gaming group. Back then, to join my Champions campaign you had to 1) buy comics at ComicQuest in San Antonio, 2) play Champions, and 3) not be Sean (a story for another time). Steve had a gift for finding the weird in life, and applying it to gaming. One of his characters that I never let him play was Captain Wombat. Cap W was a highly skilled guy with a ray-gun and a serious delusion that Steve explained as follows:

1. Captain Wombat is Earth's sole defender against the Wombat Menace.

2. Wombats are not, in fact, the cuddly looking little marsupials you see in National Geographic. Those are genetically engineered decoys designed to throw people off from the TRUTH.

3. Wombats are, in fact, ravening space monsters. Twelve feet tall with venemous fangs, bent on nothing less than the conquest of the Earth, starting with Australia (they learned all of their strategy from playing "Risk").

4. To this end, they already HAVE conquered and subjugated Australia. They hid the evidence of their conquest by building an exact copy of Australia and erecting it on a fifty foot tall platform under the actual one.

5. They own Taco Bell and are using it as a foothold for their conquest of the United States.

And he wondered why I wouldn't let him play the character.

(Actually, I think that was part of Steve's standard MO. When we'd be making up characters, one could always be assured that Steve would present three character concepts. Two would be so outrageous as to be unplayable (like The King - a Japanese inventor/Elvis impersonator who constructed a twelve foot tall Elvis shaped battlesuit) leaving the GM with one concept that was decidedly weird, but palatable by comparison (like Cap'n Stretchy, who moonlighted as the Eat-Me Ice Cream Blimp, or SHABOOM, who was based on the Caped Madman from Firesign Theatre's "J-Men Forever". SHABOOM, by the way, stood for Sneaky, Hateful, Arrogant, Bigoted, Obnoxious, another O for doubly Obnoxious, and Mean.)

1. Captain Wombat is Earth's sole defender against the Wombat Menace.

2. Wombats are not, in fact, the cuddly looking little marsupials you see in National Geographic. Those are genetically engineered decoys designed to throw people off from the TRUTH.

3. Wombats are, in fact, ravening space monsters. Twelve feet tall with venomous fangs, bent on nothing less than the conquest of the Earth, starting with Australia (they learned all of their strategy from playing "Risk").

4. To this end, they already HAVE conquered and subjugated Australia. They hid the evidence of their conquest by building an exact copy of Australia and erecting it on a fifty foot tall platform under the actual one.

5. They own Taco Bell and are using it as a foothold for their conquest of the United States.

:rofl:

Come to think of it, I have had my suspicions about the board members from Down Under...

:rofl:

Come to think of it, I have had my suspicions about the board members from Down Under...

Oddly enough, it just confirmed my suspicions about folks from Orange, TX. I've never met anyone from there yet who wasn't not quite right.

Combat Wombat,

the Marsupial Marvel,

I was thinking about someone along the lines of Captain Carrot and the Amazing Zoo Crew, but I'm not wedded to the idea. And FYI, a wombat is a lot like a American badger, but without the stripes and the attitude.

I'm not really familiar with the Amazing Zoo Crew (other than knowing of them), so I couldn't make the character for you. However, my suggestion is to buy or borrow (but do not steal) a copy of Champions (not to be confused with Champions Universe, which I have done). On page 81 is a Superhero Generator.

It breaks down the superhero types (brick, energy projector, martial artist, mentalist, metamorph, mystic, powered armor, speedster, and weaponmaster) into subtypes (from two to four each, except for mentalist, metamorph, speedster and weaponmaster) and there's probably 300+ combinations you could actually use. It gives you Characteristics Sets (each at 125 points), Primary Power Sets (each at 100 points), Secondary Power Sets (each at 75 points) and Skills/Perks/Talents Sets (each at 50 points).

I think this could really help you out. For example, say you wanted to play a brick. The sub-types are All-Around Fighter, Flying Brick, Palooka (strong bruiser, but that's about it). If you decided on Flying Brick, it gives you two options for Characteristics; two for primary powers; three for secondary powers; and four for skills/perks/talents. This alone gives you 48 variances for a flying brick!

If you don't have access to this book at all, you can PM me and I'll try to help further.

By the way, where in South Dakota do you live? I myself was born in Rapid City. :)

I've GOT to know what kind of a character someone called Combat Wombat would be....

So...using the FREd rules and 250 points (plus up to 100 points in Disads, if you're desperate), please, somebody build the character of:

Combat Wombat,

the Marsupial Marvel,

Not knowing anything about the campaign setting, it would be difficult to come up with a character background. Since I like to start with actual descriptions of powers and work the details out from there, it would be difficult without more details. For instance, does SS allow this sort of (frankly, comedic) character in his games?

Second, what Hugh_Nielsen refers to as a Combat Wombat was in the older edition referred to as a Combat Monster: merely a character constructed to take advantage of "soft" rules and tweaks in order to make the most combat-effective character possible for the points. One example is the character with Multiform - since it's possible to make forms that exceed the campaign hero maximum, it's possible to put all of your combat powers into the alternate form and maximize your point value. One guy I know made "nested" Multiforms so that each form could be that much more powerful than the one before; he had a sequence the character was supposed to follow to "power up" but I always pictured the character sort of like those Russian dolls that fit inside one another.

Are you asking us to come up with the most twinked out character possible under the rules? Or do you just want a combat-oriented small furry marsupial character build?

No no, people, this isn't for a game. I just wanted to know what a character who calls themself "Combat Wombat" might look like. The name struck me as sooo delightful that I wanted someone to use it...sorry if I mislead you.

And many thanks to Kirby and Al-Hazred for vital tips on Champions character creation. I'd rep you, but I...um...don't seem to have any rep power. Oh the humanity.

No no' date=' people, this isn't for a game.[/quote']

WHAT?! :jawdrop:Of all the indignities...:D

I just wanted to know what a character who calls themself "Combat Wombat" might look like.

Well, I just Googled an image search of wombats, and my guess is to give him a Nighthawk/Batman style costume, having pointy ears and a short snout, but no cape. To make it really funny, make his costume have some carpet-like substance to simulate that short fur. That's about all I can think of.

And many thanks to Kirby and Al-Hazred for vital tips on Champions character creation. I'd rep you' date=' but I...um...don't seem to have any rep power. Oh the humanity.[/quote']

You're welcome. But do not forget us when you get that first pip of Rep. Do not forget!

-Ahem- Sorry about that. :nonp:

No no, people, this isn't for a game. I just wanted to know what a character who calls themself "Combat Wombat" might look like. The name struck me as sooo delightful that I wanted someone to use it...sorry if I mislead you.

And many thanks to Kirby and Al-Hazred for vital tips on Champions character creation. I'd rep you, but I...um...don't seem to have any rep power. Oh the humanity.

Ah, well in that case...

In the Champions Universe, there's a guy named Dr. Phillipe Moreau who's known for turning animals into people. There's no reason to suppose he wouldn't try with a wombat (makes as much sense as any other animal-man hybrid anyway).

So, wombats are burrowing marsupials. Their sharp teeth can tear through just about anything. They are also strong animals, and nocturnal.

Assuming Dr. Moreau wanted to emphasize the natural abilities of a wombat, I could see Tunneling as his most expensive movement power, and Nightvision. As "Combat Wombat," he needs a decently twinked combat arsenal of Powers; perhaps a Multipower, through a Focus (to maximize his points)?

OK. A wombat is a brick. Their main defence against predators is to dig a hole and occupy it with their rear end to the outside. That sounds ridiculous, but it's not, because though they look cuddly they're just solid, heavy chunks of sheer muscle, tough skin and fur. There are no weaknesses, there's nothing convenient to bite, just a wall of muscle.

The main abilities you need are high strength, probably some density (because they are so much more solid than they look), very high resistant defences (to be able to ignore claws/teeth, which typically represent substantial killing attacks), lack of weaknesses, probably some minor sensing abilities (smell), and tunnelling in a multipower with a small killing attack (digging claws). A combat wombat should be speed four and have a fairly low dexterity and movement rate. A combat wombat absolutely must have a base.

A wombat is stubborn, a wombat is imperturbable. You will not make a wombat quit or go berserk. It'll just keep on chugging.

This is a very simple character to build. I can take a shot at it now, or wait till my hero designer software arrives, and do a better job. Which suits you?

PS: A wombat is always instantly recognisable but never causes extreme reactions. It just wouldn't happen, even with a combat wombat. If this is a killing machine, it has to be a warm, cuddly killing machine!

Hello, all:

I'm an inveterate Champions player, but like the Owl-lady, I'm often baffled by the Hero system's jungle of rules...and I certainly couldn't build a character by myself (without adult supervision). But I've GOT to know what kind of a character someone called Combat Wombat would be....

Yes, I've just read the multi-post saga about Super Squirrel's problems with a particular player; a player referred to--by Hugh Neilson--as "Combat Wombat." OMG! I LOVE it!

Combat Wombat,

the Marsupial Marvel,

I wasn't really sure what you meant about the point totals, so I decided to build two versions: one version at 250 points (150 base + 100 Disads) like 4th Edition Champions, and one version at 350 points (200 base + 150 Disads) like 5th Edition Champions.

I went the "brick" route, because that's what popped into my head; I suppose you could have gone the martial artist route, though I wouldn't normally think of a wombat as being that dexterous.

The first version of him is a bit light on defense for a brick, and I didn't give him any density increase because I got a bit fixated on tunneling. If necessary, one or two of his multipower slots could be removed to buy more defense.

In both cases I left off the "Everyman" skills (or should that be "Everyanimal" skills?) because just what those will be and how they are handled vary so much from one GM to another.

Also note these are both quick-and-dirty versions, and neither one of them is tweaked for maximum point efficiency, and both have a few flaws/weaknesses.

Here's the first version of him:

[b][size=6]Combat Wombat[/size][/b]

Val	Char	Cost
40	STR	30
12	DEX	 6
20	CON	20
20	BODY	20
10	INT	 0
14	EGO	 8
18	PRE	 8
14	COM	 2

10	PD	 2
10	ED	 6
4	SPD	18
12	REC	 0
40	END	 0
50	STUN	 0

6"	RUN	 0
2"	SWIM	 0
8"	LEAP	 0

Characteristics Cost: 120

Cost	Power

50	[b]My Claws Are The Cause[/b]: Multipower, 50-point reserve
5u	1)  [b]Can You Dig It:[/b] Tunneling 10" through 10 DEF material
5u	2)  [b]Nothing's Impassable:[/b] Tunneling 1" through 16 DEF material
5u	3)  [b]Faster Than The Speed Of Ground:[/b] Tunneling 5" through 5 DEF material, x64 Noncombat
5u	4)  [b]Quiet as a Church Mouse:[/b] Tunneling 8" through 8 DEF material, Invisible to Hearing Group (+1/4)
4u	5)  [b]Now You've Gone And Made Me Mad:[/b] HKA 3d6 (5 1/2d6 w/STR)

10	[b]Thick-Skinned:[/b] Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED)

Powers Cost: 84

Cost	Skill

20	+4 with HTH Combat
5	Mechanics 12-
3	Power:  Tunneling 17-
2	PS: Miner 11-
3	Streetwise 13-
4	Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Underground) 11-

Skills Cost: 37

Cost	Perk

6	Reputation (A large group) 11-, +3/+3d6

Perks Cost: 6

Cost	Talent

3	Bump Of Direction

Talents Cost: 3

Total Character Cost: 250

Pts.	Disadvantage

10	Distinctive Features:  Hugely over-muscled wombat (Concealable; Noticed)
10	Enraged:  When innocents hurt or threatened (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-
15	Hunted:  Bow-Zar the Barkbarian 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID, Harshly Punish)
10	Psychological Limitation:  Code Against Killing (Uncommon, Strong)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Believes he's of substandard intellect (Common, Strong)
10	Rivalry:  Professional (Pig Iron; Rival is More Powerful; Seek to Outdo; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
10	Social Limitation:  Public ID (Frequently, Minor)
5	Social Limitation:  Wombat (Occasionally, Minor)
15	Susceptibility:  Glowing meteors, 1d6 damage per Phase (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 100
Base Points: 150
Experience Required: 0
Total Experience Available: 0
Experience Unspent: 0

Height: 2.29 m		Hair: Brown
Weight 205.00 kg	Eyes: Brown

[b]Appearance:[/b] Laurie is a veritable mountain of a wombat, standing 7' 6" tall
and weighing in at 450 lbs. Though it might be possible for him to pass as 
an animal of another species that's generally much larger than a wombat -- 
at night, in a dark alley, wearing a trenchcoat and a hat -- Laurie has 
never tried to conceal his appearance or true identity. His size and build 
do generally cause some double-takes once the people around him realize 
that mountain of muscle is a WOMBAT, but then they quickly realize who it 
must be -- after all, there's only ONE wombat that big: the Marsupial 
Marvel, that burly burrowing Wonder From Down Under...Combat Wombat!!!

[b]Personality:[/b] Laurie is a genuinely good person who believes he was given 
his gifts so he could use them for the betterment of people everywhere; it 
outrages him to see supervillains abusing their gifts instead of using 
them to help society. The one real flaw in Laurie's personality is that he 
thinks he is, frankly...dumb. Earth-C society generally views wombats as 
pretty dim, and though Laurie is a little smarter than the average wombat 
(and thus about as smart and the average denizen of Earth-C), he's bought 
into society's view of wombats hook, line and sinker. For this reason he 
makes little attempt at strategy in a fight, preferring to simply close 
with an opponent and whip the tar out of them. Though he does have 
visciously sharp claws, he mainly uses them for burrowing...only an 
extreme situation will get him to use them against another living thing.

[b]Quote:[/b] (cracking knuckles) "If your mother couldn't teach you to respect 
others and be a help instead of a hinderance, then I guess I'll have to."

[b]Background:[/b] Laurie Burrows was your average run-of-the-mill working wombat
until one fateful day! While sitting on his porch one evening contentedly 
eating his dinner, a tiny fragment of glowing meteorite zipped into his 
mouth as he was opening it to take another bite of his delicious grass 
salad! Laurie swallowed reflexively, felt dizzy, and passed out. When he 
awoke several hours later, he found that he'd split right out of his 
clothing because he'd undergone a wondrous transformation, becoming a huge,
superbly-muscled version of himself. Believing this had happened for a 
purpose, Laurie christened himself Combat Wombat and set out to make 
himself the protector of innocents everywhere, Aukstralia especially!

[b]Powers/Tactics:[/b] Combat Wombat generally just moves into hand-to-hand range 
and starts punching. Only if he's unable to affect an opponent or is 
getting badly beaten will he begin to use strategy. Oddly enough, if facing
an inanimate opponent (a natural disaster, collapsing building, or the like)
Laurie has no problems whatsoever coming up with an inventive solution to 
the situation; his lack of belief in his own intellect seems to only apply 
against other people. Though not prone to sneaking around, he is quite 
capable of digging very quietly; unless you had your ear to the ground, you
have very little chance of realizing he's just passed right under you when 
he makes the effort for stealth.

[b]Campaign Use:[/b] Combat Wombat is a "home-town" favorite in Aukstralia, sort 
of "big dumb local boy makes good." A good-natured fellow, he'll generally
help out when asked, though he's usually happier in those situations at 
being given a task and told what to do rather than have to come up with a
solution himself.

Like many of the other super-powered individuals of Earth-C, Laurie 
received his powers from a fragment of the glowing meteor that was created 
when Superman used an asteroid to punch through Starro the Conqueror's 
energy shield. Exposure to other fragments of that meteor cause Laurie 
pain, and can weaken and kill him over time. Fortunately he recovers very
quickly once out of the range of their influence.

Here's the second version of him. Mainly I bumped up his physical stats -- including his defense! I also gave him Clinging, increased his skills a bit and bought up his Reputation a notch. On the Disad side of things I added another Hunted, a DNPC girlfriend, and a x2 effect from visual Flashes, since he spends so much time underground.

[b][size=6]Combat Wombat[/size][/b]

Val	Char	Cost
60	STR	50
12	DEX	 6
25	CON	30
20	BODY	20
10	INT	 0
14	EGO	 8
22	PRE	12
14	COM	 2

25	PD	13
25	ED	20
4	SPD	18
17	REC	 0
50	END	 0
65	STUN	 2

6"	RUN	 0
2"	SWIM	 0
12"	LEAP	 0

Characteristics Cost: 181

Cost	Power

50	[b]My Claws Are The Cause:[/b] Multipower, 50-point reserve
5u	1)  [b]Can You Dig It:[/b] Tunneling 10" through 10 DEF material
5u	2)  [b]Nothing's Impassable:[/b] Tunneling 1" through 16 DEF material
5u	3)  [b]Faster Than The Speed of Ground:[/b] Tunneling 5" through 5 DEF material, x64 Noncombat
5u	4)  [b]Quiet as a Church Mouse:[/b] Tunneling 8" through 8 DEF material, Invisible to Hearing Group (+1/4)
5u	5)  [b]Now You've Gone And Made Me Mad:[/b] HKA 3d6+1 (6 1/2d6 w/STR)

15	[b]Thick-Skinned:[/b] Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED)
10	[b]Tenacious:[/b] Clinging (normal STR)

Powers Cost: 100

Cost	Skill

30	+6 with HTH Combat
5	Mechanics 12-
3	Power:  Tunneling 21-
7	Streetwise 15-
6	PS: Miner 15-
4	Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Underground) 11-
2	WF:  Common Melee Weapons

Skills Cost: 57

Cost	Perk

9	Reputation (A large group) 14-, +3/+3d6

Perks Cost: 9

Cost	Talent

3	Bump Of Direction

Talents Cost: 3

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts.	Disadvantage

10	Distinctive Features:  Hugely over-muscled wombat (Concealable; Noticed)
20	DNPC:  Willa Wombat, Girlfriend 11- (Incompetent)
10	Enraged:  When innocents hurt or threatened (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-
15	Hunted:  Bow-Zar the Barkbarian 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID, Harshly Punish)
15	Hunted:  Kongaroo 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID, Harshly Punish)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Code Against Killing (Common, Strong)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Believes he's of substandard intellect (Common, Strong)
5	Rivalry:  Professional (Pig Iron; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
10	Social Limitation:  Public ID (Frequently, Minor)
5	Social Limitation:  Wombat (Occasionally, Minor)
15	Susceptibility:  Glowing meteors, 1d6 damage per Phase (Uncommon)
5	Unluck: 1d6
10	Vulnerability:  2 x Effect Visual Flash Attacks (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 150
Base Points: 200

Height: 2.29 m		Hair: Brown
Weight 205.00 kg	Eyes: Brown

[b]Appearance:[/b] Laurie is a veritable mountain of a wombat, standing 7' 6" tall
and weighing in at 450 lbs. Though it might be possible for him to pass as 
an animal of another species that's generally much larger than a wombat -- 
at night, in a dark alley, wearing a trenchcoat and a hat -- Laurie has 
never tried to conceal his appearance or true identity. His size and build 
do generally cause some double-takes once the people around him realize 
that mountain of muscle is a WOMBAT, but then they quickly realize who it 
must be -- after all, there's only ONE wombat that big: the Marsupial 
Marvel, that burly burrowing Wonder From Down Under...Combat Wombat!!!

[b]Personality:[/b] Laurie is a genuinely good person who believes he was given 
his gifts so he could use them for the betterment of people everywhere; it 
outrages him to see supervillains abusing their gifts instead of using 
them to help society. The one real flaw in Laurie's personality is that he 
thinks he is, frankly...dumb. Earth-C society generally views wombats as 
pretty dim, and though Laurie is a little smarter than the average wombat 
(and thus about as smart and the average denizen of Earth-C), he's bought 
into society's view of wombats hook, line and sinker. For this reason he 
makes little attempt at strategy in a fight, preferring to simply close 
with an opponent and whip the tar out of them. Though he does have 
visciously sharp claws, he mainly uses them for burrowing...only an 
extreme situation will get him to use them against another living thing.

[b]Quote:[/b] (cracking knuckles) "If your mother couldn't teach you to respect 
others and be a help instead of a hinderance, then I guess I'll have to."

[b]Background:[/b] Laurie Burrows was your average run-of-the-mill working wombat
until one fateful day! While sitting on his porch one evening contentedly 
eating his dinner, a tiny fragment of glowing meteorite zipped into his 
mouth as he was opening it to take another bite of his delicious grass 
salad! Laurie swallowed reflexively, felt dizzy, and passed out. When he 
awoke several hours later, he found that he'd split right out of his 
clothing because he'd undergone a wondrous transformation, becoming a huge,
superbly-muscled version of himself. Believing this had happened for a 
purpose, Laurie christened himself Combat Wombat and set out to make 
himself the protector of innocents everywhere, Aukstralia especially!

[b]Powers/Tactics:[/b] Combat Wombat generally just moves into hand-to-hand range 
and starts punching. Only if he's unable to affect an opponent or is 
getting badly beaten will he begin to use strategy. Oddly enough, if facing
an inanimate opponent (a natural disaster, collapsing building, or the like)
Laurie has no problems whatsoever coming up with an inventive solution to 
the situation; his lack of belief in his own intellect seems to only apply 
against other people. Though not prone to sneaking around, he is quite 
capable of digging very quietly; unless you had your ear to the ground, you
have very little chance of realizing he's just passed right under you when 
he makes the effort for stealth.

[b]Campaign Use:[/b] Combat Wombat is a "home-town" favorite in Aukstralia, sort 
of "big dumb local boy makes good." A good-natured fellow, he'll generally
help out when asked, though he's usually happier in those situations at 
being given a task and told what to do rather than have to come up with a
solution himself.

Like many of the other super-powered individuals of Earth-C, Laurie 
received his powers from a fragment of the glowing meteor that was created 
when Superman used an asteroid to punch through Starro the Conqueror's 
energy shield. Exposure to other fragments of that meteor cause Laurie 
pain, and can weaken and kill him over time. Fortunately he recovers very
quickly once out of the range of their influence.

And just for fun, here's one of Combat Wombat's Hunteds: Kongaroo! :)

[b][size=6]Kongaroo[/size][/b]

Val	Char	Cost
15/65	STR	 5
10	DEX	 0
15/25	CON	10
12/22	BODY	 4
12	INT	 2
14	EGO	 8
13/33	PRE	 3
12	COM	 1

3/23	PD	 0
3/23	ED	 0
4	SPD	20
6/20	REC	 0
30/80	END	 0
28/88	STUN	 0

6"	RUN	 0
2"	SWIM	 0
13"/23"	LEAP	 0

Characteristics Cost: 53

Cost	Power

75	[b]Menace to society:[/b] Growth (+50 STR, +10 BODY, +10 STUN, -10" KB, 83,968 kg, -6 DCV, +6 PER Rolls to perceive character, 18.5 m tall, 9.3 m wide), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2)

10	[b]The bigger they are...:[/b] +10 CON; No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Linked (Menace to society; Extra CON is proportional to Growth used; -1/2)

13	[b]The bigger they are...:[/b] +20 PRE; Linked (Menace to society; Extra PRE is proportional to Growth used; -1/2)

13	[b]The bigger they are...:[/b] +20 PD; Linked (Menace to society; Extra PD is proportional to Growth used; -1/2)

13	[b]The bigger they are...:[/b] +20 ED; Linked (Menace to society; Extra ED is proportional to Growth used; -1/2)

19	[b]The bigger they are...:[/b] +14 REC; Linked (Menace to society; Extra REC is proportional to Growth used; -1/2)

17	[b]The bigger they are...:[/b] +50 END; Linked (Menace to society; Extra END is proportional to Growth used; -1/2)

33	[b]The bigger they are...:[/b] +50 STUN; Linked (Menace to society; Extra STUN is proportional to Growth used; -1/2)

10	[b]I'm a tough customer:[/b] Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%; Linked (Menace to society; -1/2)
10	[b]I'm a tough customer:[/b] Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%; Linked (Menace to society; -1/2)
7	[b]I'm a tough customer:[/b] Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED); Linked (Menace to society; -1/2)

5	[b]I'm a kangaroo:[/b] Extra Limbs: Tail (1)
15	[b]I'm a kangaroo:[/b] Leaping +10" (13"/23" forward, 6 1/2"/11 1/2" upward) (Accurate)

Powers Cost: 240

Cost	Skill

20	+4 with HTH Combat
3	Combat Driving 11-
11	Lockpicking 15-
9	Security Systems 14-
9	Stealth 14-
5	Streetwise 13- (17-)

Skills Cost: 57

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts.	Disadvantage

15	DNPC:  Kid brother 8- (Incompetent)
15	Enraged:  Someone belittles him, his skills, or his power (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 14-
15	Hunted:  ANZAC 8- (As Pow, NCI, Capture)
15	Hunted:  Law enforcement 11- (Less Pow, NCI, Capture)
10	Reputation:  Greedy bully, 11-
10	Physical Limitation:  Kangaroo -- back legs must move as one, cannot "walk" (Frequently, Slightly)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Greedy (Common, Strong)
10	Psychological Limitation:  Likes to humiliate foes (Uncommon, Strong)
5	Rivalry:  Professional (Frogzilla; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
15	Social Limitation:  Public ID (Frequently, Major)
15	Social Limitation:  Criminal Record (Frequently, Major)
10	Vulnerability:  2 x Effect Drains and Transfers (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 150
Base Points: 200

Height: 1.84 m		Hair: Tan
Weight  82.00 kg	Eyes: Blue

[b]Appearance:[/b] Still rather small for an adult kangaroo, Brian is only six 
feet tall. He is no longer sickly, though, and despite his short stature 
it is obvious he is in robust good health and is quite physically fit.

[b]Personality:[/b] Brian was picked on constantly as a sickly child, and now that 
he has strength and power, he's going to make everyone else pay! A lazy 
individual, Brian wants the finer things in life but doesn't want to have 
to work for them. When he happens to get caught or defeated during one of 
his robberies, it's usually because he lingers a little too long to gather 
just a little more loot. The one real chink in his armor is his kid brother 
Joey, who practically worships Brian. Brian doesn't want to see Joey get 
mixed up with the police like he did, but somehow can't bring himself to 
"get tough" with his younger brother and make him do something with his life.

[b]Quote:[/b] "Who's the little man NOW?"

[b]Background:[/b] Brian Leaper was a sickly child, and even when full grown was 
rather small and weak for a kangaroo. To increase his self-esteem, he 
joined a gang in his teens, engaging in petty larceny. This eventually grew
into a full-time career, and also included a number of stays in jail. One 
time, though, Brian got his big break -- he broke into the payroll office 
of a vitamin company, and in the company safe he found a test tube full 
of an experimental vitamin formula. Since Brian had been sickly all his 
life, he immediately drank the formula, and was transformed into Kongaroo!

[b]Powers/Tactics:[/b] Being weak all his life, Brian really enjoys using his size
and strength for all their worth. His favorite tactic against an opponent 
is to simply grow to gigantic size and step on them.

[b]Campaign Use:[/b] Kongaroo is a greedy bully and a thug. His shear size at 
maximum, coupled with his near-inability to care about anything but himself
and his own needs, makes him prone to massive property damage during a 
fight with a superhero.

This is a very simple character to build. I can take a shot at it now' date=' or wait till my hero designer software arrives, and do a better job. Which suits you?[/quote']

I really enjoyed your post; it tickled me, just like the phrase "combat wombat" did in the first place. In fact, you maintained the 'feel' of the term very well...warm and cuddly killing machine indeed!

I'd love to see the character, but it can certainly wait until your software arrives. Hero Designer is a BIG timesaver...as I know from looking over Dr. Anomaly's shoulder when he's building characters.

I wasn't really sure what you meant about the point totals' date=' so I decided to build two versions: one version at 250 points (150 base + 100 Disads) like 4th Edition Champions, and one version at 350 points (200 base + 150 Disads) like 5th Edition Champions.[/quote']

I was very impressed with both versions of the CW, and the "bonus" Hunted write-up. CW is very much reminiscent of Captain Carrot and Co, and the names of his powers are right in the supercritter spirit.

I wanted to see a write-up of an actual animal combat wombat because the idea was so damn funny. You've managed to take the idea seriously enough to make it even funnier, and come up with a couple of good characters in addition. I've got a feeling that I'm likely to see the second version of CW in our Champions game eventually; Dr. Anomaly (our GM) was really taken with the character too!