The Warehouse

Starwolf

Construction was completed in February of 1933 under the control of the Hidalgo Trading Company with offices in New York City. This secure storage facility is the state if the art in high tech storage.

So what items are stored here? And how would you write them up in Hero terms?

Re: The Warehouse

Construction was completed in February of 1933 under the control of the Hidalgo Trading Company with offices in New York City. This secure storage facility is the state if the art in high tech storage.

So what items are stored here? And how would you write them up in Hero terms?

I don't know about write ups, but Doc Savage used to keep the Helldiver there, plus autogyros, various amphib airplanes, cars and trucks.

I want to say a zepplin also but I don't know if that is correct.

CES

I don't know how i'd write it up in game terms (because I never decided whether it had any real power) but The Banner of the Tuetonic Knights lost at the "Ice Slaughter" in 1242 is in there ! I know this because I wrote about it in my first attempt at a "Pulp" novel "A Blind Date With Destiny" !

That in fact is the book that gave me the idea for this thread. I was curious as to what items of legend other herophiles would consider worthy of inclusion in such a place, along with what powers these items are supposed to manifest, and how to portray them within the Hero system.

Guest Worldmaker

Not that I want to plug other companies products or anything' date=' but GURPS "Warehouse 23" has some good ideas for anyone who may not have seen it ![/quote']

They based their book on this list.

Guest Worldmaker

I don't know if it was based on the list' date=' but they've had the "Warehouse 23 Basement" on their site for years. Good plot seeds in there. Of course, I always seem to find the ones in the Dumpster more useful. Go figure...

Check the credits for the book... they specifically mention that it was inspired and is based on that list. :)

Check the credits for the book... they specifically mention that it was inspired and is based on that list. :)

*goes and checks the credits, gets involved in reading, remembers the Hero Boards and comes back*

Well, I'll be damned! I remember reading the credits on it a while back, but the only part I remembered was the Nigel Findley tribute; I never bothered to check out the Usenet piece.

Well,they certainly did justice to it. Although, I think it's time for a second Warehouse 23-style book, that doesn't cover any of the same material as the first. Hmmm... Maybe Doctor McQuark's Vault...