V&V to Hero

AnotherSkip

Speaking of Character Conversions...............

I did this to duplicate V&V Absorption:

5d6 Phisical Absorption, trigger: successful use of Block manuver(+1/4).

is this technically legal?

Essentially I block the attack and the guy still has to roll damage so i can absorb the body off of it....

I don't think it is legal technically. For a +1/4 advantage you get to absorb an attack without taking any damage. Granted, it only works if you make the block, but that doesn't balance out the lack of any damage. Besides, there must be some damage to absorb, and there's no damage if you block.

You could simulate the same power by adding the Requires a Skill Roll limitation to your absorption, and buying a lot of extra defense linked to the absorption. The skill roll would represent the "block" (you could even allow DCV and opponents OCV to modify the roll, as with a normal block), while the extra defense would prevent you from taking too much damage. It would look like a block that allows you to absorb the attack, but it wouldn't bend the rules as much.

I'm not familiar with the way absorption works in V&V though, so this might not cover everything you want.

It is not legal. Block prevents any damage from affecting the character so nothing would go to Absorption.

I'm not sure how the V&V power works...I'm at work and don't have my book...but you may be able to duplicate a similar effect using a different power. For example, if the character gets stronger when he blocks you could say...

Aid to STR, Only after a successful block, Trigger

Something like that should be legal... ;)