new spin on Justice League

bloomann

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: new spin on Justice League

Okay How about "The Huntress". Helena Wayne was born in Africa to anthropologist parents and grew up with the native people and the animals there. When she was sixteen her parents were murdered by poachers and she was taken in by a local tribal shaman. She burned for revenge and two years later, in a secret ceremony, she was imbued with the power of the animals that she grew up with. She can run as fast as a cheetah, leap like a gazelle, has the strrenth of a lioness and can track anything that moves as well as see in the dark. Now she has returned to her home town, to hunt those who would break the law and endanger the lives of innocents !

Remember' date=' this concept is to totally add a new spin on these heroes so a guy with wings is not going to work.[/quote']I disagree. A guy with artificial wings and an anti-gravity belt shouldn't work, but real wings could, in my opinion.

Carter Hall and his wife Sheera were in Greece on an archaeological dig. They had uncovered the sight of a battle and it was one that the history books never mentioned. This could possibly be the greatest find of their time if the Greeks.

Carter and Sheera spent that night on the town touring the city they were in. After a few too many drinks, they realized they were lost. They tried finding a familiar building but it was not to be. The people following the Halls used this to their advantage and abducted them, rendering them unconscious while doing so.

When Carter and Sheera came to, they were both strapped naked inside separate cages hanging from the ceiling of the cave they were in. The sorcerer below them cackled as he performed a ritual to change these two into his servants, but ones straight out of Greek mythology itself. With them under his control, he would eliminate his fellow rivals and increase his standings and profit from DEMON.

The ritual worked for the most part, changing the Halls into what looked like harpies: large wings, clawed hands, feathered legs ending in taloned feet. The part that didn't work was Carter and Sheera being his slaves; their wills were their own. Their strength had been increased greatly and they easily broke free from their cages.

In a nearly bloodlust rage, Sheera swooped down and tore asunder the sorcer with her claws, Carter right behind her, unable to control his anger. In less than a minute the sorcerer was dead, shredded into smaller parts. Once he was dead, their bloodlust went away.

The Halls discovered that the sorcerer's death did not let them revert back to normal. Nothing probably would. Not wanting to give the sorcerer any sort of victory, the Halls called themselves Hawkman and Hawkwoman. They have since been hunting down evil mystics, earning the wrath of DEMON after destroying several meeting locations. Friendly mystics have learned to steer clear of them, as Hawkman and Hawkwoman have an innate ability to detect magic, which usually drives them into a rage. Usually.

You origin is very coll but what I was trying to do was put a new spin on the character based on the name, The real JLA hawkman already has wings and looks like a hawk , so I was trying to make my guy totally different while being true top the name, hence Hawkman, a normal person with trained hawks, I know it doesn't sound glamorous but I think I prefer this concept for this group, thanks anyway or if you like you could make your own JLA rip off group like I did :)

You origin is very coll but what I was trying to do was put a new spin on the character based on the name....

:nya: How was I supposed to remember this was your thread? :help:

Oh well, at least my "origin is very coll." Whatever that means. :D

Wow, did I write that badly:doi:

sorry Kirby please forgive me. Did you make up your new spin JLA? I'd like to see it. Thanks for the input.

I had an idea for GREEN ARROW, a pilote driving the Green Arrow experimental motorcycle. Like a speed racer type character. Here's the recap:

Batman : Monster, vampire

Superman : Gadgeteer, super bouncing boots, super grip gloves, super xray goggles, super laser gun, super cold wave bazooka, etc...

Wonder Woman : Strange cosmic and mystical powers (like the Specter)

The Flash : Experimental camera with various powers, drains, flashes, teleports, images, etc...

The Martian ManHunter : 4ft green martian with funky 50's style gadgets

Auqaman : man made of water, ec water control, probably the most powerful super when near large amounts of water

Plastic Man an 8ft tall robot made of indestructible red plastic

Hawkman : an American Native hunter with a score of trained hawks

Green Arrow : a young pilote from Germany testing the experimental Green Arrow motorcycle

ok now on to my IX MEN PROJECT...

Wow, did I write that badly:doi:

sorry Kirby please forgive me.

Nah, dude, nothing to forgive, I was being silly on that part. :) Sorry I didn't make it clearer. :o

Did you make up your new spin JLA? I'd like to see it.

Well, I could make the basics of characters, but I'm too lazy to write them up just for the heck of it (though I may be tempted to add them into my CU campaign later).

I already did Hawkman/Hawkwoman, here are some others (with much less detail):

Instead of Green Arrow, how about Green Eros - Creates jealous lovers.

Green Lantern - Either an Irish-themed pub, or the actual HQ.

Wonder Woman - Mentalist; powerful Mind Scan and Telepathy.

Batman - (villain) Scientist who attaches small, incendiary devices to bats. Drops them from 'bomb cages' in the daytime so that they'll fly into homes and try to sleep until night. Incendiary devices go off after 30-60 minutes, killing the bats and catching homes and buildings on fire. (Actual WW2 concept.)

Flash - Detective with photographic memory and the ability to teleport. Instead of in a 'bampf' he's gone in a 'flash.'

Superman - a clone of Telios. Was used to attempt certain actions Telios didn't wish to risk, but was sure he would be able to complete; Wonder Woman managed to give him free will. He has become a good guy and hopes to right all wrongs done by Telios.

The Atom - can change lead into gold! Actually has the Transform, Major power, able to change anything into anything else. (Put him in the military and call him Captain Atom.) Second possibility, he changes anything into basic elements (not compounds), so he might change a brick wall into helium, or perhaps he breaks compounds down into their elements (water into hydrogen and oxygen) as well as able to stabalize radioactive elements.

Plastic Man - celebrity known for his numerous "cosmetic surgery enhancements." Due to upsetting Dr. Fate, he's been changed into a person who's unable to display his emotions, as well as having eternal youth. Pays for all purchases via credit card.

Aquaman - grown up version of the water boy. Decided to stick with the team instead of going to college. Now, he gets the team refreshments when they return from outings.

Dr. Fate - Has retrocognition. Any time something good or bad happens to someone around him, he has the ability to explain "this is what you get for..." and relate it to something in their past. He loves to quote sayings.

Martian Manhunter. - John Jones is determined to prove that aliens really exist. He uses his great detective skills to find evidence of the secret alien invasion, and since he has no powers just phenomimal luck (avoiding getting hurt), he has enlisted the Justice League to help him. (His version.)

already did Hawkman/Hawkwoman, here are some others (with much less detail):

Instead of Green Arrow, how about Green Eros - Creates jealous lovers.

Green Lantern - Either an Irish-themed pub, or the actual HQ.

Wonder Woman - Mentalist; powerful Mind Scan and Telepathy.

Batman - (villain) Scientist who attaches small, incendiary devices to bats. Drops them from 'bomb cages' in the daytime so that they'll fly into homes and try to sleep until night. Incendiary devices go off after 30-60 minutes, killing the bats and catching homes and buildings on fire. (Actual WW2 concept.)

Flash - Detective with photographic memory and the ability to teleport. Instead of in a 'bampf' he's gone in a 'flash.'

Superman - a clone of Telios. Was used to attempt certain actions Telios didn't wish to risk, but was sure he would be able to complete; Wonder Woman managed to give him free will. He has become a good guy and hopes to right all wrongs done by Telios.

The Atom - can change lead into gold! Actually has the Transform, Major power, able to change anything into anything else. (Put him in the military and call him Captain Atom.) Second possibility, he changes anything into basic elements (not compounds), so he might change a brick wall into helium, or perhaps he breaks compounds down into their elements (water into hydrogen and oxygen) as well as able to stabalize radioactive elements.

Plastic Man - celebrity known for his numerous "cosmetic surgery enhancements." Due to upsetting Dr. Fate, he's been changed into a person who's unable to display his emotions, as well as having eternal youth. Pays for all purchases via credit card.

Aquaman - grown up version of the water boy. Decided to stick with the team instead of going to college. Now, he gets the team refreshments when they return from outings.

Dr. Fate - Has retrocognition. Any time something good or bad happens to someone around him, he has the ability to explain "this is what you get for..." and relate it to something in their past. He loves to quote sayings.

Hey these are really funny. I really like the Idea of the HQ being an Irish Pub. I also really like the Atom's power he would be the heavywieght of the team. I'm not sure who Telios is, can you give me more info?

I'm not sure who Telios is' date=' can you give me more info?[/quote']Telios is "The Perfect Man" (self-titled). His stats from STR to COM are 30, with an INT of 50. He's the background master villain who is responsible for creating tons of clones and genetically manipulating many creatures to create super-monsters. He has about 75 pts worth of skills and is based off 763 points. You can find him in Champions Universe (not to be confused with Champions like I did when starting 5E) detailed on p.134 and extra info on him going through 138.

As an aside, his background states his clones have been purchased by Eurostar, ARGENT, VIPER, and Emperor Palpatine. Okay, maybe not Emperor Palpatine.

• 2 years later...

I was going to suggest that Hawkman be a batclone..."All criminals are rats and cowering mice, beneath the shadow of the hawk's wings!" a basic super detective with cool gizmos

A Hawk plane, kestral cycle, etc...

My versions:

Superman: A medical geneticist who was working on transgenics when a group of neo-Nazis, offended by his gross tainting of the purity of humanity, broke in and injected him with all of the formulae. He now has the powers of multiple animals, and calls himself Superman just to tweak his nose at the neo-Nazis' quasi-Nietchean philosophies.

Batman: A zoologist who grew up with an unusual affinity for bats. He can communicate with them, call them, and to a degree even control them. He has extended-range hearing, and his costume gives him minor bat-like abilities such as gliding (to simulate flight).

Robin the Boy Wonder: The youngest person ever to win an Olympic gold medal in archery, Robin went on to become a famous circus performer using a variety of trick arrows. (This goes back to Robin's conceptual origin, with Robin Hood.)

Wonder Woman: The world's most successful woman, she's reached the pinnacle in not only the business world but also in numerous intellectual and athletic pursuits, including several martial arts. (Think a female "Mr. Terrific.")

The Flash: A martial artist who following a lightning strike at a nuclear waste dump, can teleport himself to any location he can see, -- an ability accompanied by a blinding flash of light at the starting point.

Green Lantern: A mysterious man who walks the city's back streets, dressed in green Victorian-era clothing and carrying what looks like a green gas lantern -- which is actually a mystical device with a variety of powers.

Firestorm: A firefighter who was rescuing two kids from inside a burning chemical factory when an explosion gave him the ability to generate and absorb flame.

Sgt. Rock: A retired Marine drill sergeant whose body was transmuted to a rock-like substance after exposure to a mysterious glowing meteorite.

SGT ROCK a super-heronot a bad synopsis but is completely counter to his character' date=' frank rock is a career soldier NOT a costumed adventurer[/quote']I could be wrong, but I think "a new spin" falls into that category. ;)

Besides, that's what you get for reviving this thread.

I've been doing this sort of thing all along.

The League of American Justice:

The unforgettable Motown Justice League: Soul Man, Shadowbat, American Amazon, Brother E.T., Tae Kwon Doe, and Aquarian.

th_Soulman.pngth_Shadowbat.pngth_AmericanAmazon.pngth_BrotherET.pngth_TaeKwonDoe.pngth_Aquarian.png

Click on one to see a bigger pic.

Another alternative Justice League:

: Clark is the nightstalking avenger while Bruce wound up with superpowers. They team up with

Per BobGreenwade's request:

Superman.png

Superman: A medical geneticist who was working on transgenics when a group of neo-Nazis, offended by his gross tainting of the purity of humanity, broke in and injected him with all of the formulae. He now has the powers of multiple animals, and calls himself Superman just to tweak his nose at the neo-Nazis' quasi-Nietchean philosophies.

Batman.png

Batman: A zoologist who grew up with an unusual affinity for bats. He can communicate with them, call them, and to a degree even control them. He has extended-range hearing, and his costume gives him minor bat-like abilities such as gliding (to simulate flight).

Robin.png

Robin the Boy Wonder: The youngest person ever to win an Olympic gold medal in archery, Robin went on to become a famous circus performer using a variety of trick arrows. (This goes back to Robin's conceptual origin, with Robin Hood.)

WonderWoman.png

Wonder Woman: The world's most successful woman, she's reached the pinnacle in not only the business world but also in numerous intellectual and athletic pursuits, including several martial arts. (Think a female "Mr. Terrific.")

To be continued....