The Essential Bad Iron Age

nexus

Re: The Essential Bad Iron Age

Shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details.

Just wanted to say, I got the comic books from lemming.

They're pretty bad. Stereotypical characters, casual violence, poorly thought-out plots.

On the other hand, now I know where modern television writers get their material...

Just wanted to say, I got the comic books from lemming.

They're pretty bad. Stereotypical characters, casual violence, poorly thought-out plots.

On the other hand, now I know where modern television writers get their material...

Woo hoo! :D I think I shot a decent comic over as well though. (I don't remember now... my brain hurts)

I should of found the "Nth Man, the Ultimate Ninja" for your set. :sick:

What about Ninjak ?? I thought was really stereotyped !!! ( with the perennial Marial arts - Ninja elements so cool back then).

I think that basically anything from Liefeld should be mentioned...but don't forget also the Strikeforce and the Force Works by Marvel ( following the abused thread: "Now it's time that the heroes strike before the evil...." )

I'd dig in my collection and I'll tell you if I find something else...I love these kind of threads.

Ciao

Actually' date=' using Quarterbin again, Crimson Plague might be even better.

Perhaps the saddest thing about things like that is all the time involved that he could have been doing stories with good authors and characters. Every side project is a Perez Avengers or Justice League, etc. story that he didn't do. :weep:

What amazes me about that age are the head-to-hand proportionnal ratios; Often the character had a head the size of his thumb. Smallish, wide, pointy faces, lost amidst a heap of shoulder pads and muscles.

Heroes/Vilains whitout any concepts; Thinly-related suits of powers, with a generic names and guns, and katanas, and then some more guns.

And the attitude. Oh man, the attitude.

One un-necessary gem from my "please steal me" pile: Black Flag no2, by Dan Fraga, Maximum Press (a creature of Rob Liefeld). Everything's there; aformentionned archetype with arm hair, white eyes, and Mr Fraga's signature, shredded clothing. I mean, shredded a lot, at the very start of a mission.

The team is made out of Raiden, about which I have seen little, Rascal, an agile guy with guns, Geisha (Jee, what a concept, eh?), the mandatory, scantily-clad chick with swords and stuff, and Sniper, the bad-ass, stoned face no-bullshit stoic leader with humongous (and ridiculous) guns. Fraga, however, was full of energy and one could feel that he just loved his (crappy) art, you've got to give him that...