Two Weapon Fighting

Guest bblackmoor

Re: Two Weapon Fighting

So Desolidification and other specially indicated powers are verboten? As would Optional Manuvers? Since they are expressly GM option?

I am sorry but that is a mighty narrow view and if one thing about the boards has taught me anything is that narrow interpretations of anything are to be avoided. The best you can say is that bblackmoor considers GMs Options to *not* be used under standard circumstances.

That is it.

Other interpretations and implentations are equally valid.

Hawksmoor

Hawksmoor

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not an assumption: that is exactly what it means.

Interesting way of looking at things. To me, they are presented as "options" that the GM could allow, if it fits the genre, mood, dramatic license... Of course, we also know that Sweep is an optional rule in the first place.

As for MPA with a Strike and an HA (as described above), I might have some issues with it. However, without a doubt, I would require the expenditure of STR for both the "Four-armed Strike" and the "Power Horn". Then, again, I would probably require this to be used as a Sweep, not an MPA... SFX would dictate that for me.

I have a bit of a hard time seeing Grond goring with his horn while simultaneuously striking the same target with his fists. MPAs are simultaneous attack (thus the single attack roll), while Sweep or Rapid Fire are sequential attacks. I could see a gore-strike-strike-strike-strike Sweep... that is a totally different situation.

All of that being said, I haven't really had a problem with this situation in my game.

Guest bblackmoor

So Desolidification and other specially indicated powers are verboten?

Of course not.

At this point, I think it's clear that I am wasting your time. Have fun playing however you see fit.