How To: Cerebro

Sociotard

As I recall, when Xavier put on that shiney headpiece he basically megascaled a few of his powers (he claims it takes them to the thousandth power). I was wondering how you would do this.

The character I'm tinkering with is a weapon of mass destruction. He was sent to observe humanity over the course of seven generations and then decide whether to give them vast alien knowledge or obliterate them. Six generations have gone by, and he feels torn, and decides to try to nudge humanity along (by joining a superhero team, of course). He has a vehicle in orbit that megascales his teleport, clairsentience, and telepathy. I was considering just figuring out what his powers would be when megascaled and doing a vehicle thing based on that. Suggestions?

Guest Celt

Don't forget telescopic or Penalty Skill Levels to offset range mods. Megascale would work depending on specific one expects Cerebro to be as to location. Alternatively use Mind Scan, only to detect mutant minds.

Depending on the Author you need Telepathy to use it. The only ones we've really seen using it is Xavier and Jean. Magneto may have once or twice in New Mutants while he lead the school but then again he's supposed to have a very small amout of telepathy.

I'd go with the Detect Mutant, based on ECV (Telepathy) with it requiring Telepathy to function properly. Perhaps the SFX is that it boosts the Telepathy level (ie megascale) of the character using it (aid?)

oh..and just for kicks...Telepathy...I like that word...Telepathy(see old episode of Facts of Life)

Re: How To: Cerebro

Originally posted by Sociotard

As I recall, when Xavier put on that shiney headpiece he basically megascaled a few of his powers (he claims it takes them to the thousandth power). I was wondering how you would do this.

...snip...

Another possibility is to treat Cerebro as a megascale naked power advantage, OAF, Bulky, Immovable; and maybe independent.

As for the ship in orbit, I would keep it simple, and either a) give it its own Teleport (or other power) capability, or B) megascale NPA, usable by others, O(A/I)F, etc.

Aroooo

It sounds like this character's vehicle includes a bulky, immobile vehicle based focus with naked advantages for megascale on his teleport, clairsentience and telepathy. For that to work well, the same focus should probably grant a limited form of megascale range N-Ray senses to pick a safe teleport location and an appropriately powerful mind scan or targeting detect with which to target your telepathy.