Is this a legal construct?

Jkeown

See, in Caleon, we have steam and magic... And I thought it might be fun to combine the two with a hot redhead to produce this:

Steam Angel: (Total: 83 Active Cost, 46 Real Cost) Aid STR 4d6 (standard effect: 12 points) (40 Active Points); OIF (Honkin' Big Steam Powered Arms; -1/2) (Real Cost: 27) plus Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); Activation Roll 10- (-1 1/4), OIF (Honkin' Big Steam Powered Arms; -1/2) (Real Cost: 6) plus HA +4d6 (20 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (Honkin' Big Steam Powered Arms; -1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus Stretching 1" (5 Active Points); OIF (Honkin' Big Steam Powered Arms; -1/2), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) Total Real Cost 40 points.

Or would a multipower work better?

Re: Is this a legal construct?

I remember somewhere Steve said you can't use Characteristics as Powers... that we should use Aid. Perhaps... Self Only?

I made the arms objects myself... slowly getting better at 3D modelling...

I remember somewhere Steve said you can't use Characteristics as Powers... that we should use Aid. Perhaps... Self Only?

I made the arms objects myself... slowly getting better at 3D modelling...

Characteristics can be purchased as powers. That's why they're in the book in the powers section. There are several examples in Champions of this. I can't quote FH examples because I'm not that familiar with the characters in those books. I know the is a "Spell of Righteous Strength" example in 5Er on page 139 which uses strength and constitution rather than aid.

I think the objection is to selling down your Characteristics and then buying them all back up as a power. For this construct I think it would be best to buy Strength as a Power which then lets you place limitations only on that portion of Strength that is added.

EDIT: Great picture by the way.

BTW - I like the arms. But I think they need more detail :) Possibly some hoses for steam?

I take it the model is Koshini for Poser? Did you use 3DS Max? Although I'm not as familiar with that as I am with Lightwave...

I use trueSpace 4.3. It's not as well known as lightwave and Maya... but it gets the job done. Yeah... I was gonna add hoses. But after a while, I got sick of working on them. I have the attention span of a gnat.

The model is Aiko3, btw...

I use trueSpace 4.3. It's not as well known as lightwave and Maya... but it gets the job done. Yeah... I was gonna add hoses. But after a while, I got sick of working on them. I have the attention span of a gnat.

The model is Aiko3, btw...

I've heard of TrueSpace - you can get earlier versions for free can't you? I'm sure I've seen it on a magazine cover somewhere...

But yeah, 3D requires attention span. It's like painting miniatures, or programming. Great amounts of patience and tolerance for frustration :)