Fuzion conversions...

Hey i picked up the Bay city source book for the setting and everything, but it thought i would ask if anyone knows how to convert Fuzion to Hero because it has some stuff that would be nice to not have to re-write incase i decide to use it...

and before you start flaming me for buying fuzion, it was only around five bucks, and i don't have any of the old books for stuff to read, so i made do, though i don't get what the big fuss is, right now the only problem i have with it is that it looks like you had to buy the books to get thte rules faq and stuff but since i don't intend to play fuzion, it doesn't matter to me....

Fuzion should convert back to Hero fairly easy; Fuzion having its roots in Hero. About the only thing that will cause some problems is Fuzion Kill damage. Kill damage is large scale (i.e. vehicle type) damage. After 15DC (if memory serves) damage can go to Kills.

See this site for more detailed Fuzion info:http://www.mecha.com/~conkle/fuzion/ Christian's site is one of the best Fuzion resources.

Aroooo

The link below is for a zip file holding the CNM characters written for Hero 4th Edition. Back when the books came out Bruce Harlick posted them to the Hero site. The characters are presented as HTML (he never posted the Creator files) and to my knowlege the numbers are correct. Also IIRC they include all the characters from CNM, Alliances, and Bay City.

At least for those who are intreasted in using the NM books it gives you an idea on writing up the characters for 5th Edition. Just a word of caution, the file is around a meg since it also includes the character art used on the pages. For those people who have the slower modems I'm willing to put it up as just an HTML only zip, all that need to be done is ask.

CNM 4 Characters

And I'm doing this to be nice, so no flames on how the write-ups, cnm, or fuzion sucks. I'm just passing the info along, I didn't write it

Most is based on 5, I think STR is 3 or 5 depending on your campaing (super is 3, normal is 5, weirdist thing about the rules).

One thing I di dlike about the CNM book is the fact they explained combat in a mini-comic. Kinda makes me wonder what Wildstrike! was supposed to look like :)

Originally posted by Insaniac99

Personnally i don't get what all this Anti-fuzion is about, i it seems like a decent system if you care about that but even better it converts sooooo easily to hero it looks like (from what i can tell looking at this you bassically Multiply by 5....

The Anti-Fuzion sentiment comes from back when Hero games wasn't producing any supplements for Hero 4th anymore. Suddenly here comes some new stuff from Hero (collaberating with RTG) and surprise!, its a new system (a "Fuzion" of Hero and Interlock) and many of the old Hero fans were furious that Hero decided to support a new (and in many fans opinions, much weaker) system than to produce new supplements for their beloved Hero.

I was one of them.

But fortunately, things have turned around in that arena. Fuzion, in and of itself is a decent enough system, it just pales in comparison to the versatility of Hero in its full. (and it don't hold a candle to Interlock either, IMO)

someone on the Fuzion boards that i found from a link somewhere here, gave me these conversion stats, thought others would like to know them.

oh sorry bout the hard to read color, but don't have taht much experiance with the PHP code, but i figure it is better than everything squeezed together, if somone wants to tell me how to make it look normal colored i will edit this post to do so.

Fuzion                          Hero System
      INT                               INT / 3
      WILL                            EGO / 3
      PRE                             PRE / 3
      TECH                           (DEX+INT) / 6
      REF                             = OCV
      DEX                             DEX / 3
      CON                             (PD+ED) / 4            (*should only apply to superheroes)
      STR                             STR / 5                   (*should only apply to superheroes)
      BODY                          STUN / 5
      MOVE                          Inches / 1.5

Round all fractions of .05 and more up, otherwise down. 
      Calculate all Fuzion Derived Characteristics from the new Fuzion values.

There is no universally agreed on way how to convert the skills.
      At one point I suggested that you may take existing Hero System 
      skill values, subtract 9, and use the remainder as your Fuzion skill.  ;-)
      At least, that would be a quick and easy way to do it. 

Take a look at the basic Fuzion rules in the downloadable file
(in case you haven't done so already) to find out how "good" a Fuzion
skill of 2, 3, 4, and so on, is.

Fuzion is a good system. The superpower plugin would not allow you to create almost any power you wanted because there were some powers that didn't exist in Fuzion. Duplication and Multiform are some. Also hte vehicle plug-in in the 1st edition of C:NM was not very good either.

Personally, I like Fuzion and I like C:NM. I wish HG was still selling them because I would buy multiple copies of all three books. I wonder if RTal has them for sell on their site?

Originally posted by Insaniac99

Personnally i don't get what all this Anti-fuzion is about, i it seems like a decent system if you care about that but even better it converts sooooo easily to hero it looks like (from what i can tell looking at this you bassically Multiply by 5....