No love for bases?

beauxdeigh

So I'm putting together a little (very small) Bat-Cave for a PC in my campaign. It's hidden and underground and very much suits his needs. I've never built a base like this before, and I hardly ever build bases anyway. So, I thought I'd look over some examples and see what inspiration I could glean.

Ok, so Champions has Homestead, and UNTIL has both deep sea and deep space bases and... that's it? There has got to be a sample nest written up in Viper, right? hmmmmmmm... nope. Damn it! Is there an official write up of a hidden (underground or otherwise) base somewhere that I've missed?

Otherwise, share your base write ups! Please! I'll post mine when I get it done. Thanks.

Re: No love for bases?

Champions Genre 5th Ed book has some write ups on generic bases' date=' but no maps for them I fear.[/quote']

Didn't need the map. Know the size, and drew the map already. The generic listing is very helpful though.

So, anybody got any custom made bases from their games?

Being paranoid (and knowing that the referee was going to find a way to turn our base against us) we had all sorts of weird and wonderous low tech power systems in our base for "Team Zenith 3". This included a giant clockwork generator, geared so that anyone could wind it up. The thought of "St Barbara", all of 5ft 2 and 48 Kg, winding up the giant clockwork generator gave everyone a laugh ! We also had a tidal generator hidden in the harbour and a pair of giant "alligator clips" to tap the power of the electrified "third rail" on the local subway system !

Being paranoid (and knowing that the referee was going to find a way to turn our base against us) we had all sorts of weird and wonderous low tech power systems in our base for "Team Zenith 3". This included a giant clockwork generator' date=' geared so that anyone could wind it up. The thought of "St Barbara", all of 5ft 2 and 48 Kg, winding up the giant clockwork generator gave everyone a laugh ! We also had a tidal generator hidden in the harbour and a pair of giant "alligator clips" to tap the power of the electrified "third rail" on the local subway system ![/quote']

That's hilarious! We had a campy Galactic Hero campaign where our starship was the Moon.. not the size of the moon, but the actual moon itself, hollowed out to carry the remains of humanity and fitted with gigantic engines. One of the limitations on this stupendous vehicle was "Requires Maintenance, once a day".. Which consisted of turning a gigantic screw on the bridge, that held the whole planetoid together..

-CraterMaker

• 2 weeks later...