What would you do with this base?

Hermit

See attachment.

I realized I suck at bases. I can start with a map and make it come out cruddy, or I can start out with the mechanics and never make a map that can fit it. Still, I figured I'd play around with a graphic program and this is what I came up with.

Now I just have to figure out what all those rooms mean.

I figure the First Floor starts with entry way/reception room, then a meeting room, another Kitchen and dining area that are connected, and so on.

The Second Floor would be chiefly bedrooms for the team and living areas (Laundry, maybe a den/living room, etc)

and the Third Floor would be labs, a shooting range with weaponslocker armory connected, that sort of thing.

Two smaller areas also are attached.

For a basement, there would be "The Rumble Room" (Because Danger Room leads to lawsuits ;) ) and at the top of the building would be the hanger, that literally slides out the floor of the building and lets the vehicle launch from there.

Still, that's a lot of rooms, so any suggestions to filling them I'm open to.

And yeah, I realize the 'flow' of the building is a bit... off, and thats putting it mildly.

If anyone wants ot use this, or better yet, improve on it, please feel free.

Re: What would you do with this base?

First Floor:

1. Reception: allows visitors to be scanned and identified.

2. Conference Room: for team meetings and any presentations to visiting allies/officials.

3. Base Security Office: Monitoring the base, lock up weapons checked by visitors, handles communications when team is off site.

4. Rest Rooms

5. Dining Room

6. Kitchen

7. Staff Quarters: Your cook and recptionist need someplace to sleep too.

8. Trophy Room: contains displays and photos of past adventures. Also has tributes to former members.

9. Guest Quarters: You can't have Captain Megavolt crash on the sofa.

10. Storage/Pantry

First Floor:

1. Reception: allows visitors to be scanned and identified.

2. Conference Room: for team meetings and any presentations to visiting allies/officials.

3. Base Security Office: Monitoring the base, lock up weapons checked by visitors, handles communications when team is off site.

4. Rest Rooms

5. Dining Room

6. Kitchen

7. Staff Quarters: Your cook and recptionist need someplace to sleep too.

8. Trophy Room: contains displays and photos of past adventures. Also has tributes to former members.

9. Guest Quarters: You can't have Captain Megavolt crash on the sofa.

10. Storage/Pantry

Thanks for chipping in.

*Godfather voice* "And for your kindnesses...I give you this, some rep, for which to show my gratitude." ;)

Second floor:

1-8. Team Quarters: Spacious private quarters for team members. Can be set for temperature/environment most comfortable to individual members.

9. Game Room: Recreational games including team-licensed pinball machines and Air Hockey for Capt. Maple Leaf.

10. Media Room: Communal entertainment with comfy sofas.

11. Uniform lockers: After uniforms are cleaned/repaired by household staff, they are stored here.

Third Floor:

1. Situation Room: Sattelite feeds and world media are monitored by staff and team members.

2. Team Leader's Office

3. Research Lab #1

4. Research Lab #2

5. Armory

6. Weapons Lab

6a. Restroom

7. Meditation/Ritual Room

8. Medical bay

9. Gauntlet: Discourages escape attemps from captives. This area is a vacuum. Can be flooded with air or other gasses. Armed with concealed remote operated blasters.

10. Brig: Temporary containment for captured villians

While Hooligan X has some good ideas, I'd change it a bit.

For the first floor, I'd concentrate solely on having all the PR stuff there. Along with the Reception Room, I'd have a media room, and a tour area (perhaps where 8 is).

I'd either switch floors 2 & 3 around (so that the private quarters are farther away from where visitors would be) or change level 3 as the basement. Either way, I'd consider having the Rumble room the lowest (either the basement or sub-basement). Using the 1 hex = 2 meters scale, I'd say each hero's room (floor 2) is large enough to have it's own bathroom so as to not worry about communal showers.

Re the flow, I'd say it's not too bad. If it were me I'd knock out the walls of room 5 and 7 on the first floor, possibly close off room 8 and the tip of former room 7 from the big central space thus created (make it an indoor garden or whatnot). Add a few doors on the second floor so its easier to circulate (rooms 9 and 10 in particular) and I think that would do nicely.

I very much like Hooligan x's ideas for floor 3 by the way : very functional.

"The Evil Egghead has hatched a fowl plan! We have to stop it!"

"Gee Captain Cluck, it looks like Egghead is trying to poison the city's water supply with salmonella!"

“Yes, Chicken Little, but he’s about to discover his plan has a crack in it!â€

Physiotherapy Room - Personal Physiotherapist

Sauna - For healing, relaxation, and Physiotherapy.

Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - For healing, relaxation, and romancing those superheroines.

Swimming Pool -

Adjustable Environmental Rooms/Chambers -

Temporary Holding Rooms/Cells -

Entertainment Room -

Cheers

QM

I have a photodraw program that would have allowed me to shape it like like a chicken or speech baloon' date=' so the star seemed down right normal.[/quote']

I could see Foxbat creating either of those. The speech balloon simply because he loves to talk and the chicken because, well, who would think a fox or bat motif character would be in chicken base? All part of the MASTER PLAN. Not mention when he's been tracked down by the heroes, he can say he's flown the coop. (Possibly followed by him rolling around laughing so hard that the heroes catch up to him and arrest him.)

You know, looking back at the base design, I could see Foxbat (or another NPC that the GM uses for humor) revealing the base (or maybe the base design) and saying he's doing the base either for Israel or for an American, Jewish team of supers, which is why the base is in the shape of the Star of David. Then someone has to point out that the Star of David is a six-pointed star. ;)